Milva

Attachments

• PandorasBox3.0.0.5.rar
    861.9 KB · Views: 1,490
Last edited:
Dian from runuo said to come here, that you guys might be able to help me. The new shard i have joined a few months ago, recently asked me to join their staff as deco cordinator, which basically means i get to make things pretty ! Anyhow, i have used pb on other shards in the past but after i patched up to 7.0.34.23 my pb stopped working, i mean i can start it but i have no pictures in art window , which means i cant see what i am about to drop. As i said Dian on RunUo said you guys were great at helping , so i hope you can help me with this . Thank you and i cant download your version yet Milva i am not authorized. But the PB version i have at the present i 3.0.0.5

You will need a lower client for Pandora's and UO Fiddler also- believe up to about 7.0.15=(I will check on this for client number) when you open Pandora's to create your profile point it to that client and then it will work.

and all the info from the old shards i use to play on are gone. How may i ask do i redirect my profile to point to a client, when the only client i have is the one i listed above? Sorry new to this kind of stuff, back in days it was so much easier. =( Also it does not load map ,3,4 or 5 only tram and fel it looks like.

The new client which you will download-just give the folder a different name-this new client you will only need to use for Pandora's Box- yes kind of a pain but they have not yet updated. Giving the folder a different name (unless it already has it-which it may) will keep it separate from your client which you use for game login.

Oh goodie !! IT WORKS.....Thank you, so this dont have to do with PB but in seeing your high level of exp. i wonder if you might know another answer for me, i can start another thread if need be, see the pic below? I never had that until i dl'ed the NEW razor.......i dont think its a good thing, is it fixable?

Attachments

• issue2.jpg
    issue2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 194
And my first build will be in graditude , hence "Dedicated to Milva for helping me all i can be !"
Thank you again , i am so excited and grateful !

Hope you didn't over-write your game client which you use to login for the server :) This new one is just an "extra client" in order for you to use pandora's.
With razor be sure the very top and the middle section are pointing to your higher game client and you also have the newest updated razor

Hi everyone, I hope there is someone that can help this computer illiterate old lady. I recently had to do a complete wipe of my computer (thank goodness I don't host the shard I co-own) and now I am unable to get my Pandora's Box to work. I have downloaded the pandorasbox3.0.0.5.zip and installed with no issues but when I try to execute the programit keeps freezing on me. When I click the icon it asks which language and I select English then it either says "Creating Profile" or it says "Loading" and in both instances it freezes up. When I try to run as administrator I get the same results.
When I right click and select the troubleshoot compatibility option and select Windows XP Service Pack2 then I get a window that says:
"The client path has not been found, maybe your registry key is corrupted or is missing, choose a way to fix it:
Yes: Pandora will try to search where you installed the client automatically
No: You manually specify the client path."

When I select yes I get another window that says:
"The automatic search failed to find the folder, please specify the path manually" and I select ok, at which time I get a browse option to select the path of my game client.

When I select no I get the same browse option to select the path of my game client. Once I select the correct path/folder for my game client I get a window titled Microsoft .NET Framework Error and it says:
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0' is denied.

Then there are the continue and quit buttons and a details button. If I select continue then it says Loading and freezes up, if I select the quit button then it closes everything down. When I click the details button this is what it says:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the registry key 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0' is denied.
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.Win32Error(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.CreateSubKey(String subkey, RegistryKeyPermissionCheck permissionCheck, RegistrySecurity registrySecurity)
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.WriteRegistryKey(String path)
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.SetCustomPath()
at TheBox.Common.MulManager.FixClientPath()
at TheBox.Common.MulManager..ctor()
at TheBox.Options.Profile..ctor()
at TheBox.ProfileManager.CreateNewProfile(String language)
at TheBox.Forms.ProfileWizard.LanguageSelector.btnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Pandora
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.5
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.5
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/Pandora.exe
MapViewer
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.3
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.3
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/MapViewer.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5467 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
ArtViewer
Assembly Version: 3.0.0.1
Win32 Version: 3.0.0.1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/ArtViewer.DLL
LightCore
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/LightCore.DLL
log4net
Assembly Version: 1.2.10.0
Win32 Version: 1.2.10.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/log4net.DLL
BoxCL
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/BoxCL.DLL
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
TSWizards
Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.1.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/TSWizards.DLL
ErrMsgBox
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Mousie/Desktop/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/PandorasBox3.0.0.5/ErrMsgBox.DLL
************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.
For example:
<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>
When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I am sorry for posting this like this but I am rather illiterate when it comes to this kind of thing and don't know how to put this into a smaller scrollable window.

Clicking continue on this window the PB gump says Loading and it freezes up. I am ready to start pulling out all my grays (and they outnumber the blond and browns by the hundreds) and that would be painful and I do not like pain so please hhhheeeelllpppp!!

Right now our shard uses a rather old client 7.0.3.0, we are in the process of rebuilding the shard and it will be with a much newer client and I am running Windows 7. I am not really computer illiterate but I there is so much more that I don't know compared to what I do know and I am rather blonde sometimes lol so everything that is in the previous posts in this thread all sound rather Greek to me hopefully someone can explain so that I can understand. Prior to having to wipe my system I had no problems with PB so this is very frustrating.

Thanks,
MorGanna

When I right click and select the troubleshoot compatibility option and select Windows XP Service Pack2

I am running Windows 7.

Have you tried setting compatibility mode to windows 7.

You can't run something in compatibility mode with XP if your not running XP

Try this and please let us know

Omni, that is the entire point of troubleshooting compatibility, it forces your OS to emulate an older version of itself so that the software you are trying to run will operate properly. This type of forced emulation only affects the software or program that you set it up for, it is not a system wide forced emulation.

Milva, I am running Windows 7 and I have .NET Framework 4.5.1 and we are using SAclient 7.0.3.0. I have read the threads on the RunUO forums and, while what I am dealing with is shown in the threads, none of the things that have been stated as fixes have worked as of yet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled PB multiple times, I have ran scandisk, disk-cleanup, and even defragged my system to see if any of that would help all to no avail. The only thing I have not done is change my .UOP files to .MUL files. The main reason I have not done this is because I do not know how to do this but also because I do not understand how this will help since the files that are shown as .UOP are not the ones that are throwing the errors as far as I can tell.

Until recently I ran the same version of PB since 2009/2010 on this same computer and same version and copy of Windows7 (aside from Microsoft updates nothing about my Windows has changed) with no issues other than being forced to run it as administrator each time I opened PB. The only thing that has changed since before my wipe is that we changed to 7.0.3.0 whereas before we were using 6.0.13.0. I have tried pointing my PB to any one of the 3 versions of UO that I currently have installed and it will not work with any of them and each of those installs has a different client version.

MorGanna

Last edited:
Sorry I can't help you can more, as I don't run windows 7- from all I have read though you need to give some programs to run as admin. I'm guess with your windows net framework 4.5.1 that all the frame works are now contained in 1? It use to be you would need to download each framework before you could even advance to the next highest one.

@Mogster had a problem with this originally as well, maybe he can tell you how he got his working. I believe there is a registry file you need to install as well.

Yeah, I do not know but I would try to run your PB on a client install that still uses the traditional *.mul files and see if it still crash's. You mentioned only thing not tried is changing the UOP to MUL, but changing the Map0LegacyMul.uop to a MUL wouldnt work, you would need an installed client that is older than 7.0.23 for it to work.

I will download this version of PB and try a few different things :)

@Tass, yeah. The issue was migrating UO onto a Window 8 computer. Although it was a bit of random aberration, I tinkered around and manually changed the path and it didn't immediately work. I don't remember having to install anything to fix it, though.

It does seem that anything I could suggest has already been mentioned, too. But I hope Morganna can resolve your issue.

Client older then 7.0.23 won't work :/ Pandora's has not been updated in so long, I have a lower client to use with it.

Actually i have pandora's box running on a 70.34.2 client. The only thing that doesn't work is the maps and travel agent.

I downloaded .net framework 3.5 set pandora's box 3.0.0.5 to run as admin and running in compatibility mode with windows 7 and i don't have a problem ..

Client older then 7.0.23 won't work :/ Pandora's has not been updated in so long, I have a lower client to use with it.

I think you mean.. Clients Newer than 7.0.23 wont work ?

Yeah, I am having no issues with it loading, and works perfectly with 7.0.20 client.

With the introduction of the uop files, yeah, PB is pretty screwed. You'll have to use Fiddler to convert them to mul files, then load them into PB. This might seem silly, but the first time you run PB, it has a pop under window the wants you to select the Language. Try Alt-Tab and see if you can locate that window (if the errors go away).

Yesterday I got so frustrated with this not working I just gave up and was doing everything by hand. This morning I turned on my PB and for some reason it went straight into creating a profile and it has worked just fine ever since. I have no clue what the problem was but it apparently fixed itself. Thanks everyone for the advice and assistance it is greatly appreciated =)

MorGanna

Pandora's Box 3.0.0.5 works for client 7.0.45.0 and RunUO 2.5, except the only problem currently is that when you click on a item your wanting to add in the game, the picture does not show up in the window to the far right of the gump. Other then that, I have found no problems for the individuals who are trying to figure out the current version and the pictures might be a simple fix, except I don't know much about programming and I left everything alone.

Edited: Since I was unhappy with not being able to view the pictures, I had to continuously play around until I figured it out. Pandora's box still works, except you have to go into options and on the general tab where is says "Ultima Online Folder," I clicked "Specify a custom Ultima Online Folder" and then click browse to find a open path to the 7.0.20.0 version of Ultima Online. After you click okay, there should be images for the items that have images. Majority of the items have displayed pictures from what I have played with.

Last edited:
I have the source code for that Pandora version but it won't compile for me. Of course I am a total beginner when it comes to that code stuff ...

Back