zerodowned

zerodowned submitted a new resource:

Pause Command - Allows players to "pause"

Behold! The almighty Pause button...err command

IMO, one of the biggest downfalls of MMOs is the inability to Pause. So when you go on some long hunt or dungeon crawl, you're stuck at the computer or you risk dying.

I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had this (I have kids, so, yeah)

Basically it makes a player Hidden, Paralyzed, CantWalk, and Frozen, as well as disables WarMode if they go into Pause.

Pets are auto stabled, summons are deleted.

You are unable to use the Pause...

Read more about this resource...

This does seem like a nice little command and I'm sure many could find a use for it.

However I've noticed a potential problem.

Players can use this command in champion spawn areas wait for players to reach certain levels of the spawn and attack.

Maybe a good idea would be to add a region check not allowing players to pause in certain areas

I added in a region check for ChampionSpawn but it still ends up being too close to the Altar in my opinion.
Will play around with it to find a good range.

zerodowned updated Pause Command with a new update entry:

Added Champ check

Thanks to Omni pointing out a potential problem!

I added a Champ check. Default is based on player's distance from the Champion Altar.
Script does include a commented out check for ChampRegion if you prefer that method but it only requires a player to be about 30 steps from the altar. Instead of 50 steps away that my range check uses.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Good job zerodowned..

not trying to put your work down but thought of another potential problem lol.

This will not check to see if players are criminal or in combat. With this being said if players were in a duel and used this command they would be unable to complete the duel.. This could cause potential crash's if used with systems like XML duel or Automated PVP events..

I do like the idea of this script but i can see how some players would exploit the use of a feature like this.

Seems it should use similar checks that Camping would use, for log out. Remember that skill? lol

not trying to put your work down but thought of another potential problem lol.
lol, no problem. thanks for pointing potential problems before they have a chance to be a problem. I dub thee Sir Exterminator :)

@Dian Camping! about as useless as Item ID. but an Item ID wand could bring in a lot of money during T2A. not to mention colored sandals.
(i'll take a look though)

@Dian Camping! about as useless as Item ID. but an Item ID wand could bring in a lot of money during T2A. not to mention colored sandals.
(i'll take a look though)[/QUOTE]

On the shard I worked with we brought ItemID back, the wands and all. We even gave itemID a reason to go past 100 to the 120 by making it so that after 100 you start get get a chance to be able to identify all items inside a container (corpse, bag, ext) We liked how it worked out, we even made it work with the imbuing system that was released (we altered it a lot) and item descriptions we added. One of our points was that all skills should go to 120 and be useful there. There is still work for us to do on that note.

But in relation to this topic is there anything in the script that uses the immortal status? I think it was the blessed variable on mobiles in RunUO at least.

I only brought up camping because it checks for things that would prevent one from insta loging out, like if in battle, criminal and such. So it could be used as a reference as to what checks this Pause command should have.

@Talow that sounds really cool :) I have toyed with doing similar things too, at least making items unidentified as they once use to be. My lich mob's still carry ID wands, lol

But in relation to this topic is there anything in the script that uses the immortal status? I think it was the blessed variable on mobiles in RunUO at least.

Not yet, was just thinking last night that if a paused player gets revealed they'd be a sitting duck. going to add immortal status

In my opinion, this system should take into account a few things like if you currently have aggro from an opponent and it should remember your health/mana/stamina at a given time before the pause begins (or simply make it so pause can only be used when all stats are at full capacity to bring with).

Otherwise you could be in mid-battle with a dragon or what not, be at 1 HP, pause the game, wait for your health to completely regenerate and then simply unpause.

It should also have a cooldown, in my opinion. =)

That's an interesting thought but not what I have intended for the command at this time.

I haven considered making an additional check in PlayerMobile to allow me to disable the command for certain players.

Can someone please test this and tell me if it works to prevent pause while in a duel?

Thanks

Attachments

• PauseVer4.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 1
I solved a "problem" with blessed (for mobile, as in immortal) and cantwalk. they are both serialized, none of the other settings are (paralyzed, frozen, etc)...and it makes sense why they would be.

So I think I'm going to submit two versions, one that doesn't bless the player and one that does. The one that does would require a small Mod to playermobile. I don't think there's any way to prevent the server from Serializing blessed other than to write in a check for Paused = true.

What about just adding a login handler to the script to removed blessed if the access level is player? Then there would be no need to add anything to playermobile.

I actually switched the system over to an XML attachment (allowing for a CanPause property without changes to Playermobile) and made some other changes to prevent problems. I just havne't uploaded the update on here yet.

Back