HI, i'm looking for a permadeath system wen you are death when your health bar go to 0 at the 4 time.

1st time say (Injured)
2nd time say (very hurt)
3st time say (severely wounded)
4 time say (mortally wounded) and then ban the player

any can help me doing that?

thanks!

So you basically want to turn it into a video game with 4 lives. Sounds interesting and shouldn't be too hard to implement. I will play around with it tonight after I get home from work.

hehehe yes. but its possible to reduce the stats and skills with a decrease % when the player have less health
and cure the health of the 4 "lives" in case of doesnt death, with time?

Death = delete player or ban player xD

Thanks! ^^

Last edited:
Mi idea its for a hardcore roleplaying shard, and when the player death use a level system for give a 60% of their skillcap and statcap to distribute in the next player in the same account.

Mi idea its for a hardcore roleplaying shard, and when the player death use a level system for give a 60% of their skillcap and statcap to distribute in the next player in the same account.

60% of their skillcap or 60% of their trained skill level. As for the system it shouldn't be too hard, might be able to use an account tag to pass the % to a modified skillball. Make the skillball account bound so they can't trade it with another account.

If you do skillcap then people could cheat the system by making a new toon and going out to die. They would end up with more skill points then they had before death.

Using the skillcap is but trained skill total would work. They would get back 60% of the work that they had done to train up.

How do you want to do the death mechanics?

1. Current mechanics where they die, go get a rez and run back to their body for the loot. You would only have 3 resurrections.

2. No actual deaths, when you hit 0 the health bar resets and you keep going until you used up 4 bars.

System 2 would be more work to do properly. To make it look right you would have to get rid of all of the resurrection mechanics so it wouldn't show in any of the spell books or gumps.

System 1 would be a lot easier to code and would be more of a hardcore system IMO. If you want to make it even more hardcore you could get rid of the insurance so they had to run back to their body naked. With this system you could also put in a reward system to give them extra lives.

With either system there is no real need to ban that player on death, if you remove or limit the resurrections then the most they could do would be to run around as a ghost.

Last edited:
i think the 1st option, for resurrect don't worry, i'm trying to hide all mages and resurection options for the shard xD

i like 4 bar of live with decreasing stats and skill, and when the player healse increase to the normal status of the player.

and when they death, account ban

That's a lot of work, spell books, crafting gumps, wandering healers, ankh's...

Account ban? So they get one toon per account, then there would be no need for the 60% skill return.

I think I am starting to understand what you want. I was going another direction. The way I see the system you had break points. With 4 health bars each bar would be 25% of your total health, once you fell below 75% you couldn't heal back to full health, 75% is your new health cap.

What you are asking for is basically a toon with 4x health and no resurrection. If that's the case then that's easy, you are doing the hard work by removing the res.

But....if that's the case then it's not really a hardcore system. If you make your toon with 4x life and have the ability to heal to full health then you will never die.

Last edited:
if its possible return the 60% an with the new player restore their 60% in the skills they choose doesn't it necessary the ban.

but i thinking in your first idea...

what do you think about this:

1 dead: player stay knocket and any can move the corpse, in 2 minuts or 1 the player live again but losing skills and stats and their statcap its reduced
2 and 3 dead: same but more time knoked, and more lost of the skills and statcap
4 dead for new player can choose the 60% skill in new skills, and ban account since staff unban (roleplaying account).

or any similar...

The stat and skill caps can be set depending on how many lives you have left. I am not quite sure what you mean by "knocked"

If you ban the account then there is no way to pass on the 60% skill return unless you implement some kind of code system that would send them a code to enter in the new account.

I don't really see a need for the ban. As I said earlier if they are a ghost they can't do anything. I think I understand why you want the ban, so they lose all the gear and such. but you do that as a ghost anyway, you can't do anything as a ghost, can't open your bank or anything.

i refear with "knoked" when the player looks dead in the floor and they see like a ghost.

no no, the 60% its for the same account. my users should send a history of they players, and if i accept the history they can play. when the player dead, the ban its only to avoid the connection since i accept the new history for the next player, and they use the same account all time.

I have the death count, auto res timer and account ban done. Working on the debuff and a couple mods to the res allowing you to set the amount of health and keep loot/loot on body. I should have the rest done this weekend.

I am also interested on this system, just with feature that consider the player enligible to permadeath only if he released/is not resurrected over his body.

I am also interested on this system, just with feature that consider the player enligible to permadeath only if he released/is not resurrected over his body.

You want the auto res to only work over the body or the death count only if he didn't res over his body?

The way the system is working now is, when you die you have a timer that will automatically res you after a set amount of time based on the number of deaths you have. The timer gives you time to get to a safe spot or you can get res'd from a wandering healer or friend. Anytime you res a life is taken. It shouldn't be hard to make changes based on how they res. I am going to add the ability to shut that feature off and force the res timer. You also have the ability to give extra life rewards, make them do some crazyass quest and if they do it without a death reward them with an xtra life.

Last edited:
no autores, just if you get resurrected over your body due to someone else spell/ability...

but elseway you get +1 enligibility to permadeath if you are resurrected elsewhere.

And maybe I suppose put the character in something like a jail would be much safier (instead autodeletion) after permadeath occur.

no autores, just if you get resurrected over your body due to someone else spell/ability...

but elseway you get +1 enligibility to permadeath if you are resurrected elsewhere.

And maybe I suppose put the character in something like a jail would be much safier (instead autodeletion) after permadeath occur.

ok, you can shut the auto res off. It doesn't delete the char it just bans the account and tells you to contact a staff member. That feature can be disabled too. The ban feature is for people like the original poster, RP servers that want a back story on a toon before one is created. Some people might not want to ban or jail. I used to RP with a ghost all the time, I have a toon named Jacob Marley that I used to bring out at Christmas.

so, player lives only get used if you don't res over your body, correct?

Agree

looks fine for me with toggleable autores

if ban is toggled, my proposal for a softer RP workaround is a stat-nerf effect that last for about 1 week. This mean the player will have all stats reduced by ~ 90% and will recover it by a small amount everyday till full.

Last edited:
Agree

if ban is toggled, my proposal for a softer RP workaround is a stat-nerf effect that last for about 1 week. This mean the player will have all stats reduced by ~ 90% and will recover it by a small amount everyday till full.
Ok I will work on adding that feature
Agree

There is no need for a stat loss instead of ban. You are only banned after you are out of lives so a stat loss on a player you can't play would be pointless.

Ok I will work on adding that feature
There is no need for a stat loss instead of ban. You are only banned after you are out of lives so a stat loss on a player you can't play would be pointless.

it is a softer workaround instead ban which may sound drastic and some people then may complain about connection or so on.. once out of lives you must recover your stats... similarly to world of warcraft and others rpg when you resurrect outside your body from healer and so on...

it is a softer workaround instead ban which may sound drastic and some people then may complain about connection or so on.. once out of lives you must recover your stats... similarly to world of warcraft and others rpg when you resurrect outside your body from healer and so on...

But you still have no lives so you are a permanent ghost, your stats mean diddly shit.

You seem to be misunderstanding the use for the ban. The people playing on the RP sites will know their account will be banned once they are dead. It's only a temporary ban, they contact the staff, give them a new back story and they are unbanned. If they aren't aware of that then the shard owner isn't doing his job properly. It is solely for hard RP sites and isn't turned on by default.

ok I understand the point, but I meant about the possibility to automatize the system somehow: for ex a workaround to ban or whatever (here comes the stat loss or whatever it takes to justify a death system)

Btw feel free to do what you meant to, I was just curious about the way of implementation.

Back