I checked on the pirate / merchant ships spawned on my server ( [global interface where baseshipcaptain ) and they're all slammed against land (sometimes near but not at a dock) and one is stuck on a plunderbeacon. They don't seem to ever move or change direction. Every few seconds their tillerman announces that they've stopped.

I see they have an "OnCourse" value but where are their courses defined?

Any insight is appreciated. I just don't want these guys sitting around to be picked off -- they should at least be out in open water!

Well, I turned off the BountyQuestSpawner (the same script that assigns the map points for them to visit) and turned it back on to respawn them. Now some are sailing fine and avoiding obstacles as needed. Others quickly ended up beached against an island seemingly without any plans of going elsewhere. Perhaps some editing of the waypoints is in order to keep them away from land masses.

That script has a section called GetRoutes_OnCommand which makes a map of where they're heading but I don't know how that gets called. It's to drop into a mobile's backpack but it's nothing I can trigger for myself (I think) and none of the merchant / pirate NPCs is carrying a map of their journey.

Hi Falkor,
I modified the bountyquestspawner to deal with a custom Felucca map, here I my observations.
- The getroutes thing is incomplete/never finished it seems, although the idea was not bad. However I favor special items over commands, so I added an item that calls the function on double click, the idea is that you get a bunch of maps that show each route of the ship.
- I also noticed the stuck ships, but blamed something else. The ships that were stuck were no where near their route. This is because they do not use the route to define their starting point. I modified it to use the first fitting point of the randomly selected route.

Attached my current version, some of my changes you do not want because that would break the Felucca routes.

Attachments

• BountyQuestSpawner.cs
    43 KB · Views: 15
That works so much better! Starting at a point on their route makes all the difference in the success of their travels.

Right now I have your changes using the original routes. Now I can tweak the routes to make sure they're in the least-congested areas of the sea.

Back