Hello everyone, I am using UOFiddler to replace some old spell sound effects with new ones. I find the sound file I want, convert it to PCM, 22050HZ, 16bit, Mono WAV and properly replace the old sound file via Fiddler with proper hex/dec values etc. Anyway, when I play the preview through Fiddler it sounds great, crystal clear, but when I go in game and prompt the sound (in this case Lighting spell) I get a single loud pop right before the sounds plays, which is does perfectly AFTER the pop noise, and another pop/crackle sound occurs right at the end of the new sound as well. Now, when I go back into Fiddler and play the sound after testing it in game, this new crackling sound is now heard, even though it wasn't before I implemented it into to UOP. Any advise as to how to remove those pops/crackles? I am playing on UO Forever client, and am using Fiddler to unpack and pack the UOP.

Well some people I'm sure wouldn't mind adding or replacing old sounds in their servers... Certainly someone has figured it out.

I have done it before but it was years ago. So it's possible. I do remember there was an issue with it but I can't remember what it was now sorry :/ Pretty sure I used UOFiddler.

I have done it before but it was years ago. So it's possible. I do remember there was an issue with it but I can't remember what it was now sorry :/ Pretty sure I used UOFiddler.

Gosh darn lol. I have this thread on three other forums and I've pretty much got that exact answer on all of them. People say they've done it but can't remember how.. depressing lol

I may be way off here, but I think @Hank had some success with this at some point? He's around a lot less these days, but he'll get the notify about this message when he gets on next.

I may be wrong about him having done this though.

Back