ATruGod submitted a new resource:

Poisonous Swamps - Makes Swamps poisonous to Players on foot.

Cute little surprise for Players....Players are poisoned if they walk over a landscaped, static, or otherwise added swamp tile (as in house tiles or Pandora's Box) - Verifies Player "Z" so that walking over a bridge over a swamp does not poison player. Includes Boots that negate the effects.

I did not create this I just removed it from the PlayerMobile to make it Plug and Play.

Read more about this resource...

Do the swamp boots take damage over time while standing in the swamps or are you immune to poison if you're riding a pet (but then your pet is poisoned)? Kalamus built this for me originally. There is a lot more to the system we worked on than what is here. I lost all my files ages ago. If I find them again, I'll be sure to update this thread if it is indeed the one Kalamus built for me.

Looks like you aren't checking for if player mounted. This would allow a player on any mount to not need the boots.

I did this:
Code:
// is the player wearing swamp boots and not mounted?
Item shoes = from.FindItemOnLayer(Layer.Shoes);
if (shoes != null && shoes is SwampBoots && !(from.Mounted))
return;
//is the player mounted on a mount resistant to the swamp?
IMount mount = from.Mount;
if ((from.Mounted) && mount != null && mount is DreadWarHorse || mount is HellSteed || mount is ParoxysmusSwampDragon || mount is SwampDragon || mount is SkeletalMount)
return;

Now a player must have boots when mounted unless he is on a specific mount.

Is it possible to convert this to using the SwampTile item instead of land/static tiles? I want to fully control which swamps are poisonous and which ones are not instead of blatantly using every single tile ID in the game that has swamp artwork.

Just a funny note. There were mushrooms traps outdoors from the beginning. It had just never been added to the emulators to my knowledge.

Here is the script for it in Wombat.

it wore using these images:
13956 the object that the script was attached to.

1395713953139581395913960the explosion.

I remember these sins I did run into one in the woods north of Britain gy, I was almost dead to start with than trying to escape an orc. :)

You can still find them outdoors in the demo.

-Grim

Just a funny note. There were mushrooms traps outdoors from the beginning. It had just never been added to the emulators to my knowledge.

Here is the script for it in Wombat.

it wore using these images:
View attachment 13956 the object that the script was attached to.

View attachment 13957View attachment 13953View attachment 13958View attachment 13959View attachment 13960the explotion.

I remeber this sins I did run into one in the woods north of britain gy, I was almost dead to start with then trying to escape a orc. :)

You can still found them outdoors in the demo.

-Grim
Funny you should mention that. I spent all night tryingto use the gas trap item. If I actually knew what I was doing it might actually work lol. The only problem is - as far as what I want, is it would equal ridiculously high item counts for large areas.

I have a friend who is going to write up a region script that will turn all tiles of a certain land or itemID into poisonous when walked on. No items that way. Going to do the same with lava, and maybe slow movement if players are on snow with no snow shoes on.

Is it possible to convert this to using the SwampTile item instead of land/static tiles? I want to fully control which swamps are poisonous and which ones are not instead of blatantly using every single tile ID in the game that has swamp artwork.
I'm not sure what you want exactly but you could have it also check for specific regions
Create the regions, add them to the poison swamp code, and use the code below to add to Regions.xml for both Felucca and Trammel I seperated them below in what I believe is the 3 different swamps: Fens, Bog and Destard I would double check the coordinates.

Code:
<region name="Swamp" priority="0">
<rect height="81" width="50" y="2733" x="1127"/>
<rect height="39" width="40" y="2778" x="1178"/>
<rect height="52" width="51" y="2814" x="1115"/>
<rect height="61" width="34" y="2866" x="1142"/>
<rect height="42" width="15" y="2885" x="1176"/>
<rect height="39" width="120" y="2935" x="1128"/>
<rect height="52" width="15" y="2946" x="1113"/>
<rect height="39" width="18" y="2973" x="1095"/>
<rect height="8" width="63" y="2927" x="1135"/>

<rect height="70" width="305" y="2289" x="1814"/>