Okay, normally I tend to not ask for much help on the forums because I usually like to figure things out on my own, but for the last several months this issue of mine has been stumping me so hard that I'm not even sure if its possible.

To make a long story as short as possible. I'm still using RunUO 2.2 (a heavily modified one at that with over 2 gb of data) with no way of adding in any systems specifically tailor made for ServUO. That being said, I'm using the broken as all heck MLQuest Engine (which is slightly fixed to work in my favor) and currently have over 106 active quests. I've modded PlayerMobile.cs to where it'll keep track of how many quests players have done and they can even pull up a command that'll tell them how many they've done up to that point. You know how in games such as the Grand Theft Auto series or the Elder Scrolls where you're able to keep track of which types of quests you've done over the course of the game? Basically I'm trying to see if such an idea could be incorporated into UO and I'm wondering if its even doable without having to force players into keeping a personalized checklist of whatever quests they've finished up to that point.

If you can help guide me in the right direction I'd appreciate it because after months upon months of research I'm currently at my wits end and I'm pondering to myself if I should even consider dropping the whole concept. I figured it would be useful for any players out there who specialize themselves as being the completionist types and I thought I'd try to help them with being able to bring up a gump that'll show them all the quests currently on the server and which ones have been completed.

Did you make it as an array or an int variable?

If you already have an list then I assume you would store either questIDs or the type of quest, as in typeof(SuperTestQuest3)
In that case you can always go over the the list and seewich quest is already done.

In the end there are many ways you can go at this, its up to you basically and not that complicated

Well I got this despite how its still a work in progress. Unfortunately my coding skills aren't quite up to snuff since I barely know the difference between arrays or int variables. I'm probably gonna have to come back to this a few years later on down the line and whenever the bipolar and stress isn't kicking me square in the teeth. I apologize for wasting your time and I appreciate the advice you've given so far.

Attachments

• QuestLogPlayerMobile.cs
    5.9 KB · Views: 6
Well if it works it works. Thats fine. When I look at my code from a few years or so I dont even get why I programmed that weirdly. Its normal, since you too will progress further if you keep at it

Back