Getting these two errors.
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.406/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1177,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.8 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks [/root/ServUO/Application/ServUO.csproj]
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.406/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1177,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.8 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]

But when I check to see what version I have, I get this:
dotnet version 3.1.406

What did I not install right?
What do I still need to install?

thx.

on the CLI/terminal try 'mono --version'.
This should return something like 6.6.0 or better to have framework 4.8.
see Mono 6.6.0 Release Notes | Mono
if it is version 4.x.x you probable need to get through something like:
(see Ubuntu – Package Search Results -- mono-complete)

Versions
dotnet -- 5.0.103
mono -- Mono JIT compiler version 6.12.0.107

Compiles, Starts, but after a minute the window that I am running the server in, tmux, becomes unresponsive.
I have tried using screen, but with the same results.

Last edited:
UOPs (shoud/used to) work also in mono.
My servuo is (heavily) modified but there were issues with the console interface.

which part?
uop/mul's: I might have had to fix problems with case sensitivity on file names.
console & restarting:
- Server/Main.cs runs itself as sub program. The first process is to monitor the other and to arrange the restart in case of a crash. This solves the problem that the original program that had stdin/stdout is "closed".
- CrashGuard no longer restarts the server
- ConsoleCommands uses different mechanics

I attached my versions as starting point....

Attachments

• Main.cs
    27.8 KB · Views: 4
  • CrashGuard.cs
    8.1 KB · Views: 3
  • ConsoleCommands.cs
    13.2 KB · Views: 3
Getting these errors from your files...

/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(846,69): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'CustomSerial' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(380,16): error CS0117: 'Debugger' does not contain a definition for 'AddDebug' [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(404,9): error CS0103: The name 'Info' does not exist in the current context [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(416,18): error CS0117: 'Debugger' does not contain a definition for 'Write' [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(418,11): error CS0103: The name 'Info' does not exist in the current context [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(421,13): error CS0103: The name 'Info' does not exist in the current context [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(432,7): error CS0103: The name 'Info' does not exist in the current context [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]
/root/ServUO/Server/Main.cs(914,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'SaveData' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) [/root/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]

No surprise... mostly likely a mix & match is required.
The Info/Debugger are support things which I added/modified (or servuo added something similar)
SaveData was in servuo but removed after I took this version.
Find attached the missing entries.

Attachments

• Error.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Debugger.cs
    6.6 KB · Views: 3
  • Info.cs
    1.6 KB · Views: 1
Back