So I've been watching carefully and for the past week RunUO.com has been down. I am guessing either Ryan or whomever runs it has let the site and its content go by the wayside. Anyway just a thought and I'm curious if anyone has any reliable information regarding the mysterious disappearance of the website.

:) Thoughts? Opinions?

Yeah I got that part, that wasn't what I was referring to. The URL for RunUO.com is down; has been for a week. So I'm wondering if Ryan just gave up on his promise to keep the RunUO.com site alive as an archive.

If it has gone down indefinitely then it will handicap the community a bit because there is a lot of content on RunUO.com that can't be found on ServUO.com and now, probably never will. It's just sad to see the site finally offline even though I knew it would happen.

It's also a shame at the direction ServUO.com is going. Not so much in terms of providing the latest and greatest for UO emulation because the community does really well at keeping things up to date for the latest client; but rather it lacks in providing scripts and support for older versions of the RunUO emulation which, in turn, provides support for older clients. This is needed because some people still use RunUO 1.0 - RunUO 2.3.

Just a thought.

Last edited:
Yeah I got that part, that wasn't what I was referring to. The URL for RunUO.com is down; has been for a week. So I'm wondering if Ryan just gave up on his promise to keep the RunUO.com site alive as an archive.

If it has gone down indefinitely then it will handicap the community a bit because there is a lot of content on RunUO.com that can't be found on ServUO.com and now, probably never will. It's just sad to see the site finally offline even though I knew it would happen.

It's also a shame at the direction ServUO.com is going. Not so much in terms of providing the latest and greatest for UO emulation because the community does really well at keeping things up to date for the latest client; but rather it lacks in providing scripts and support for older versions of the RunUO emulation which, in turn, provides support for older clients. This is needed because some people still use RunUO 1.0 - RunUO 2.3.

Just a thought.

Since day one ServUO's primary goal was the emulate the latest version of OSI and have support for the latest classic client. Anything other than that is up to the community. We offer all the tools for people to do so including uploading any scripts they like.

Also I have achieved all the runuo info on my site script wise I have all the stuff every one has posted as well.

and before the site went down you can use wayback machine to see any posts you need too.

Does anyone know how to get hold of Ryan? I wouldn't mind paying for another 5 years hosting on the site if it's not too extortionate.

Demise- UOGamers and Runuo forums are all down- which is pretty strange. EOS looks to post on Demise-facebook -EOS should be able to contact Ryan I would think-Oh and EOS posted the problem is a hardware issue

So yeah. Can anyone clarify what is really going on? is some douche bag holding runuo domains hostage?
What is the real story?

Why have we not heard what is really going on?
PS. I have the entire runuo forums backed up so i'm sitting pretty. :p

I use to play on demise for a long time. It's a "good shard",. it truly strikes me odd that their site and forums are not online.
Smells like fish in here. The amount of money that I personally know has been donated to demise... they should have a site and forums online.

fuck gametec

I sent an email to Ryans gmail account early this month, but have heard nothing back. I know he has an active twitter account, but I honestly dont feel like making an account there just to send him a message. The domain name is paid for into 2020, so that shouldnt be the issue.

EOS stated it was hardware issues, but very strange it would take this long to fix the issue- I would be suprised in you heard any thing from Ryan ;)

I say its gone for good if anything they could of lost the hole database he coulda just said screw it really.

On the other thing I think some one might of either hacked it or attacked it some how to make it go offline.

Back