Yea, I had been hearing about this neat little script found on a couple servers. Its an animated seed that apparently jumps around, attacks and is attackable, giving special seeds as loot or somthing.

I am capible to create something like it myself, but ive never made just any item animated in game that was not an actual animation. My main deal is wanting to see how that part was done, the rest shouldnt be difficult.

Anyone know of this script and able to maybe pass it along? Id be wiling to trade work if need be. Not sure how asking or requesting is handled over here and honestly, I just realized I should have scanned over the rules first. so if Im out of line here, just delete the post :/

I appriciate any help towards this search as its been something my people have been talking a lot about.

Thanks

You are fine with requests :) Can't say I have heard about this seed sounds like a jumping bean!

Thanks Milva, Ive never requested anything before in my 13+ years, and know what happens on RUO if you do that.. Its hard to let the nazi police image go I guess..

Yeah, sounds like a jumping bean that you can fight :)

Im just not sure how to handle a normal non animated piece of art.. would I give it some code that just allows it to be moved around as if I was using x,y,z mod's? Or would you think there is another way to do it, giving it near ability to move like a Mobile?

You could actually accomplish the animation pretty easily, in theory.

If you pulled a .bmp of the seed/bean you want to use, and then just used Paint to move the static image around on the black canvas, saving various placements of it, when saved into the anim files it would appear as if it were "jumping" around. You could then just use that one set of animations for all anim slots and directions. IMO, doing that (maybe 20 minutes of extremely easy Paint and maybe 45 minutes of Fiddler anim editing) would be easier than trying to make a static appear to be jumping or bouncing by only using code.

I accomplished similar stuff too by just using beard, mustache, goatee, etc animations as a mob. A tiny goatee with no body might look like a seed, give it a try.

Just a thought, and my two cents.

Back