xG00BERx

I am very curious as to what casting times you all use? When trying to get as OSI as possible I was wondering what some of you have found is the best?

I want it to be 2/6 as standard for mages but get the timing in the script as close to OSI as possible since ServUO is SUPER fast compared to OSI.

I have not really noticed yet how cast times are on ServUO.. the little I have casted so far. Only being that I have just recently started using ServUO I mean. Had been using RunUO since.. 2002.

Are you testing cast times without any buff's though? Cast times within the scripts should be based on no buff's like faster casting and such, to be accurate. Also, cast times do vary between spells and spell circles. First circle spells are faster than fifth sixth eighth. I guess I should see what its like more closely too.

Mine are default though, at moment.

I know Voxpire did something with spell casting that gave casting bar gumps to the players, but I think that was for RunUO.

What I am trying to figure out how to make it so spells in general for magery are toned down a bit. When have 2/6 on a ServUO Server I can cast 30 Miniheals in what it takes me to do 10 on OSI (Just a rough estimate from guessing - still basically true) on OSI using Mini Heal its a lot slower and there is a couple of other spells like fireball, magic arrow etc. this is one of the biggest complaints on free servers for PvP (All I ever hear about on Demise) so I am trying to tone it down and get this all working!

I will do a tad bit more testing with my team and see How many Miniheals we can do in 10 seconds on ServUO compared to OSI as well as run some other tests!

I know that ping has big difference on the way you spell cast and such so I will also make sure that I am pinging to OSI the same as I am to one of our Testing ServUO Servers! :)

In the mean time if y'all run any tests let me know your results with whatever!

Back