ServUO and SmoothMultis (Publish 54) by nibbio

m309

Administrator
ServUO Developer
I believe it is however Insanity's plan to eventually host a public ServUO server. At least he has said so in the past, but as well know, things change and take time to implement.

Xen

Citizen
However sometime it's difficult to doubleclick on the right part of the ship to take control and sometime when you take control the ship doesn't move at all, you too.

Regnak

Rookie
Hello,

I've worked a little on these scripts to add some useful features :
- added ropes to embark and disembark
- added deeds and an NPC to sell the boats.

I've also renamed it to NewBoats in place of SmoothMultis (as eventually, I will personnally work only on making it work with Boats and Galleons ... if you have the heart to do it, you can use these scripts to make any Multi move ...;) ).

I've also collected all the comments above saying there were errors/problems. I'll try to fix that, but I think I need more details.
From my tests, things seem to work fine on a ServUO Publish 54. :)

Enjoy !

And Happy New Year !

-Rek-

Attachments

• NewBoats for ServUO Publish 54.zip
    143.5 KB · Views: 5

ParanoiaPhD

Gold Supporter
Does this make it so the boat moves butter smooth or has this been incorporated into servuo as of pub 57 already? Sorry for the bump but it feels important to ask.

Regnak

Rookie
Haha ! Such a necro ;)

yeah, I can confirm it’s been years smooth movement is part of ServUO. They did an awesome job finishing this

Haven’t you ever seen what it was without the smooth movement packets ?
You should try to grab a copy of an old RunUO (or ServUO from 2014 would work also I guess).
You can actually SEE the boats teleport from spots to spots. That was such a great improvement from OSI :)
That ... and the beautiful new galleons. Too bad they could never make boat fighting “easy to use”.

Actually, thanks for necro’ing this topic ! Brings back good old damn memories lol

ParanoiaPhD

Gold Supporter
!Thanks for clarifying this for me! Yeah I remember the old way as I used to 8x8 quite a lot back in the day. I honestly dont notice much of a difference other than the boat not falling apart and stuff but it still jumps from tile to tile. I was hoping this was what outlands was using to make their boats run nice and smooth.

Regnak

Rookie
gif011.gif

Sorry for the bad quality. Had to fit the 8mb limit on these forums. lol

What do you mean about not having a difference between the teleport from tile to tile style, and the smooth movement ?

Here, I double clicked the wheel and I could use the boat as it was a mount (it's actually a virtual mount).
It's smooth (despite the bad quality of my GIF rofl).

Also, those packets for smooth movement are applied here for boats. Basically, you can apply them to any "multis" : houses, vehicles ... I know Vorspire had a project of smooth vehicules with 3D movements. That is something that should be fun to see one day :)

And this galleon was also something new back in 2015. This is an old backup from my work in 2015. It wasn't finished yet, but I think I never saw the British Galleon to live on ServUO. Not sure why (btw, I was dev on JustUO, not here)

Attachments

• gif011.7z
    7.1 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:

ParanoiaPhD

Gold Supporter
I checked that code and tried tweeking it all over the place hoping that I could get smooth movement out of it but the best I could do was turn the boat into a radio controlled haha.

Regnak

Rookie
I checked that code and tried tweeking it all over the place hoping that I could get smooth movement out of it but the best I could do was turn the boat into a radio controlled haha.
Hmmm .. that’s weird. Just for double checking, what client are you running ? What era is your ServUO set to ?

Regnak

Rookie
I think it's on your side though. I've just tried with a fresh copy of latest ServUO repository. The boats were moving smoothly. Did you change anything to the copy you took on GitHub ?
Try to download a recent copy (latest .. maybe something was changed after Pbulish 57 ?) from GitHub and give me news ?
Get it from this link https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/archive/master.zip ?
Good luck !