Hi all!

i would know some informations about ServUO and its development road-map:

1. As I understood, ServUO is born to give a more featured emulator, with many custom and engines already integrated, and to support the newest client expansions.
  2. ServUO is less table and a little more "chaotic" than vanilla RunUO, due to integrated systems.
  3. It supports SA and some features of HS.
  4. It doesn't natively support new packets for "smooth ships", encryption and "Enhanced Client"
Which of these infos are correct, and which are not?

I addition i would to know which are the main goals of this emulator:
  • Do you want to fork RunUO and heavily modify server and script for adding new expansions?
  • Do you want to modify as less as possible the core, to maintain code alignment with vanilla RunUO?
  • Do you want to extend this emulator to implement OSI as much as possible?
I've seen the new RunUO (2.6.0.x on GitHub) and my personal goal is to revamp this emulator, (lightening the logic eliminating older client support for example) and to create a bare-metal on which to develop (I don't care about OSI alignment, i think that RunUO offers the possibility to implements custom games with custom rules and story different and better than OSI).

What do you think about these questions?

I'm waiting your answers!

All correct.

I personally also agree that OSI and OSI-accuracy is garbage. However! I understand the need to keep a "stock" set of files from which to customize.

By using Git in particular, you are able to contribute to and use a "stock" set of files such as RunUO or ServUO while HEAVILY....and I mean very HEAVILY in my case...modifying and customizing not only distro code, but the core as well, while also staying up to date on .NET optimizations, and utilizing custom frameworks which come with ServUO - all without losing the custom or stripped down aspects of your own work.

Back