Ravenwolfe

Ok, I have set up a ServUO Test Shard.

It has only a few changes necessary for us to test, otherwise it will be consistent with my ServUO repo with the latest bug fixes until the main repo admins are back (and probably even after that):
1. Shard renamed
2. TestCenter activated
3. Saves turned off.
4. Port changed to 2599.
5. [createworld command used
6. AccurateSpawn.xml loaded

You can connect to the test shard at 217.146.93.186 using port 2599.

If you wish to do any testing as a GM, you will need to PM me. Otherwise, all players can set skills, etc using the TestCenter commands.

Please use this shard to test and find bugs so that we can further the ServUO community. You are of course also welcome to play here for fun but know that saves are done manually, nothing is safe, and there are people actively trying to break the server! :p

I will try to add some resource stones soon...

fyi - Raelis vendor stones have a bug that can allow a player to make about 2 trillion gold in about 30 minutes

I need to check what i fixed so far according to EA because i fixed a few tons of bugs, but whenever i wanted to report here the website either were laggy or down or moving. So i hope i can give some reports soon.

@Ravenwolfe : Whats your target for the Testcenter? Testing out the Core in Order to fix it?

The TestCenter will be used mainly to test any new fixes before they are uploaded to the repo. I will be constantly updating it. Also it will be a vanilla server without mods so we can insure reported bugs are related to the distro release and not someone's customs.

Or if someone just wants to play around with ServUO in a testcenter environment.

Or if someone wants to find new bugs.

Or if I'm bored and want to pull a dragons tail and run like hell. :cool:

But seriously, any bug fixes you already have done would be awesome in moving us forward.

I think having one rule, something like.. zero tolerance for intentional harm to the server or others within the server.

Totally agree with that rule.

I'm going to see if a forum admin will give us a separate section for the test shard so I can post updates.

Ok, I have set the ServUO Test shard as a completely separate repo. This way we can get around the restriction from forking a fork. I will be taking pull requests there and doing updates which will then be rolled directly into the test shard at the next restart (or compile). This way you can look at the latest commits and see what has been done.

Once the fixes and bugs are tested and found stable, I will roll them into my fork of the main ServUO repo. From my fork, people will be able to get the latest source code with all the fixes and we can maybe even do some releases there if needed until we get a main repo admin back in action. At that point, all the updates can be reviewed by that admin and hopefully added to the main project repo.

Its not a great situation but at least we can keep progressing, especially considering the closure of RunUO.

You can see the Test Shard repo here - https://github.com/Ravenwolfe/ServUO-Test (Issues and Pull Requests should be done here)

And my fork of ServUO (stable updates) - https://github.com/Ravenwolfe/ServUO

Thank you all for keeping a great community going!

Regnak, Milva, Jase, Jbob all have GM accounts, Regnak has been helping me find some bugs. Anyone is welcome to help either by testing things on shard or sending pulls to the repo. A lot of fixes have been done by people but never added to the repo. Im hoping they will come forward with their fixes so we are not duplicating work.

Good to know. I was going to say it seemed a bit unfair to have you the only one making an effort.

And those people should come forward.

Ok guys just to give you all a little update..

Ive started to help Ravenwolfe with the servuo test repo and am in the process of adding alot of fixes to the SA Mini camps to make them more OSI like.. Although i don't have a OSI account i am fairly sure these tweaks are OSI like.. I would like to ask if anyone is a MINI CHAMP pro to be able to test these fixes to insure they are dropping correctly according to OSI standards..

Any help would be greatly appricated..

Back