and also allow me to remove my duplicate shards? I have 3 on there, 1 that has been up for a year and two that have been dead since shortly after the shard list came out. I have always had trouble using it to include the banner sizes. uoportal is just more convenient. Not trying to bash, I would love if ServUO became the one stop shop but I missed the ease of all the older ones. uoportal, joinuo, uogateway, ect.

Judging by the hit counters on other websites such as uoportal and servuo's (hidden) hitcounters ServUO pushes about 3 times more traffic than other shard lists. This is probably because all shards have a chance to be on the front page.

If you have a shard you want to remove send me a PM for now. There are big updates planned for the shard list, it just takes time as there are other things to do first.

Last edited:
Fixed, the issue was a crashed database table.

Also, the shardlist was modified a couple of weeks ago to only show shards that have been online at least once in the previous 3 days. You will notice that there are significantly less offline shards now.

Also, re deleting your shards. I forgot that I added that functionality long ago. Just go to your shard page and append deleteShard to the url.

I.e https://www.servuo.com/shards/shardName.999/deleteShard

Judging by the hit counters on other websites such as uoportal and servuo's (hidden) hitcounters ServUO pushes about 3 times more traffic than other shard lists. This is probably because all shards have a chance to be on the front page.

Yeah, but more than just people looking for the shard list are coming to your site. Might be a neat idea to put a more expanded version of the shard list at a subdomain, such as shards.servuo.com and make it more of a gateway/uoportal type of experience.

I say expanded as in outside of the servuo layout/masterpage/menus and on its own

Yeah, but more than just people looking for the shard list are coming to your site. Might be a neat idea to put a more expanded version of the shard list at a subdomain, such as shards.servuo.com and make it more of a gateway/uoportal type of experience.

I say expanded as in outside of the servuo layout/masterpage/menus and on its own

I meant that there are 3 times more people looking at actual shard pages on the ServUO shard list than other shard lists out there. And our numbers are not inflated as they only record a visitor once every 24h and can not be cheated very easily (Why would people cheat them? They are only recorded for statistical backend purposes)

I meant that there are 3 times more people looking at actual shard pages on the ServUO shard list than other shard lists out there. And our numbers are not inflated as they only record a visitor once every 24h and can not be cheated very easily (Why would people cheat them? They are only recorded for statistical backend purposes)

I dont know how you're tabulating your data, but it appears that servuo and uogateway are very similar in traffic (the whole domain). I'm not saying that the traffic isnt there, I'm just saying it would be a lot nicer resource as more of a stand alone.

Your shard list is great, and I love the fact that it rotates and you dont have to vote to be seen. I just wanted to toss that idea out there
[doublepost=1481910891][/doublepost]Actually I just looked at uoportal vs servuo and thats through the roof. Maybe even more than 3x traffic. Doesnt seem like uoportal gets a whole lot of traffic at all --- now im gonna have to lobby for a stand alone shard list even more :D :p

Last edited:
Back