Lokai

Lokai submitted a new resource:

Shard Travel Map - Quest/Event/Champ/Donation/Whatever Reward item for Easy Travel

I present, the Shard Travel Map.

This map is intended to be a reward of some kind, due to the fact that it allows instant transport to locations throughout the world. It does not start out completely "unlocked" however, so it is also intended to provide incentive for exploration by players.

Much time and painstaking attention to detail went in to this release. If you find locations that either do not make sense or are broken, there are 3 possibilities:

1. You are using a different/customized...

Read more about this resource...

Wow this is a very unique and wonderful map! Really like the idea of having to unlock area's and the need to find Map Fragments :)

Thanks. There are a couple things I know might come up, so I will try to answer them ahead of time.

Pets do not automatically teleport with the player. If someone wants to tweak it to do that, feel free. I can see that either raising the cost or not depending on how your shard is run. Generally, if you have some type of shrink system, then you probably don't need to teleport pets.

All of the maps and locations can be Locked and Hidden or you can open them up at the start. Look for the DefaultEntries section, and that will show you what you need. Basically, you will want to add "true, true" at the end of each one you want to be Unlocked. Without that, they are not Discovered or Unlocked.

Maps are Blessed by default, but if you are really mean I guess you can disable that. I would hate to be the player who does all that work, just to have it lost or stolen.

What would be the easiest way to remove Felucca? My shard does not use the whole Felucca map and I would like to use this

I thought this might come up. But, originally, I had considered writing another version with ONLY Felucca. It seems to be a trend for shards to either use Felucca only or to use everything.

Milva is correct, however, pretty much each section would need modified.

There are references in the gump to the number of "Pages" which is coded at 15. If you take out Felucca, you should end up with 11 pages, so make sure your "Previous Page" and "Next Page" buttons look for 11 pages instead of 15.
There are 6 maps referenced in the ShardTravelMapPiece constructor, which randomly chooses one of the facets. Make sure you only use 5 here instead of 6.

Okay thanks! I will play around with it. Regardless awesome script!! Only thing I would suggest is maybe a small cool down timer even if just a minute :)

Also I am sure you know the name of the shard travel map does not show just the Blessed and below
due to having two list.adds in a row

public override void AddNameProperties(ObjectPropertyList list)
{
base.AddNameProperties(list);
list.Add("Total Entries: {0}", m_Entries.Count);
list.Add("Entries Discovered/Unlocked: {0} / {1}", Discovered, Unlocked);
}

{
list.Add("Total Entries: {0}", m_Entries.Count);
list.Add("Entries Discovered/Unlocked: {0} / {1}", Discovered, Unlocked);
}

Perhaps that can be changed:
Code:
{
	list.Add("Total Entries: {0}.  Entries Discovered/Unlocked: {0} / {1}", m_Entries.Count, Discovered, Unlocked);
}

client 7.0.20.0 / pub 54
K so I got an error

line 183 the type or namespace name MapTravelHelp could not be found
line 293 the name mapTravelHelp does not exist

client 7.0.20.0 / pub 54
K so I got an error

line 183 the type or namespace name MapTravelHelp could not be found
line 293 the name mapTravelHelp does not exist

Sorry, MapTravelHelper is part of the ShardTravelMaps (note plural) which was released separately. You can find it there. I *think* that the file can be brought over without all the maps if you choose.

Back