Rychhaven2.png

We will change the layout of the complete page soon, so there will be a new logo.
This little gem is Rychhaven, a large harbour city built in the style of towns in the Netherlands.

Andernburg.png

One of the old castles well hidden in the dark forest. This one should look like a typical mediveal castle, so not too large, not too fancy, more from the early mediveal ages.

Hi all,

I've been working on a new server project called "New World" for many years. I've been working alone because I don't want to have a deadline and build for the joy of it. Hopefully one day the server will get off the ground, but at present the map is about 50% completed, but progressing none the less.

Currently I am finished 2 major cities, 3 towns and 2 settlements, plus many points of interest and unique terrain elements. I have plans to build 6 custom dungeons and then think about launching the project. I registered newworlduo.com... ;)

A special thanks to @m309 for his generosity and getting me started on the right foot, and to the artists whose artwork I have patched into my world.

Here is a sampling of my map work!

I'd love to hear from you if you're interested in the work or the project!

Best,
Owen

We will change the layout of the complete page soon, so there will be a new logo.
This little gem is Rychhaven, a large harbour city built in the style of towns in the Netherlands.

One of the old castles well hidden in the dark forest. This one should look like a typical mediveal castle, so not too large, not too fancy, more from the early mediveal ages.

May I ask what programs/tools you guys used to create such beautiful maps? Trying to get started on my own and seem to be hitting a wall =/

Is it a script that's making the lights work that way? Or are you doing it with a third-party program, Rex?
This is just a script and a couple new light items. The items use OnDoubleClick to switch between a list of LightTypes. Uses OnMoveOver to check if you are staff, and that you are carrying a special ring item called StaffLightEditor, and if that's all true setting the light item to Movable = true. when you move off of the item it sets it back to Movable = false. Setting them to movable false means they don't show up with Ctrl-Shift and players can't grab or edit them.

For the colors I just searched the entire list of items for ones that had colors hard coded in to the client, for example the green is ItemID 0x4100. This item shows up as a lantern so i just used UOFiddler and replaced the lantern with a transparent image, because all i want is the green light effect. I did this with the rest of the colors and was able to get red, blue, green, purple, white, yellow, and dark purple.

I also added a couple of custom light circles which are about radius 375 and 450 to get the larger circles.

The key is you use the keypress Ctrl-Shift to see those grey object handles to click on them, or use [move on them, or delete them.

upload_2017-1-26_17-16-53.png

This is just a script and a couple new light items. The items use OnDoubleClick to switch between a list of LightTypes. Uses OnMoveOver to check if you are staff, and that you are carrying a special ring item called StaffLightEditor, and if that's all true setting the light item to Movable = true. when you move off of the item it sets it back to Movable = false. Setting them to movable false means they don't show up with Ctrl-Shift and players can't grab or edit them.

For the colors I just searched the entire list of items for ones that had colors hard coded in to the client, for example the green is ItemID 0x4100. This item shows up as a lantern so i just used UOFiddler and replaced the lantern with a transparent image, because all i want is the green light effect. I did this with the rest of the colors and was able to get red, blue, green, purple, white, yellow, and dark purple.

I also added a couple of custom light circles which are about radius 375 and 450 to get the larger circles.

The key is you use the keypress Ctrl-Shift to see those grey object handles to click on them, or use [move on them, or delete them.

View attachment 7843
...I wasn't aware that there were items in UO that use all those different hues of light....oh, wait i see now
upload_2017-2-2_22-17-2.png

nice work Rex!

Some very nice work from owen and great use of the lights rex. I'm glad everyone is sharing their work.

Also, what tools are people using? I've had Centred+ running on a VM for years, and that was it. Now I'm getting use to UOFiddler, but I still feel like it's heavily limited. Whatever happened to useful tools like Xuris Worldbuilder? Why can't anyone create something like that again?

Also, what tools are people using? I've had Centred+ running on a VM for years, and that was it. Now I'm getting use to UOFiddler, but I still feel like it's heavily limited. Whatever happened to useful tools like Xuris Worldbuilder? Why can't anyone create something like that again?
I'm using Centred+ and Fiddler. Mostly Centred+.
[doublepost=1486140695][/doublepost]Does anyone recognize this map work? I found this map a long time ago but I can't remember who built it, or what the server was called:

ai.imgur.com_6YiPb2u.jpg

ai.imgur.com_dBdqSAS.jpg

ai.imgur.com_7Ft3AL1.jpg

ai.imgur.com_FbSUaaV.jpg

ai.imgur.com_jFYQB2u.png

Attachments

• ai.imgur.com_jFYQB2u.png
    ai.imgur.com_jFYQB2u.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 17
  • ai.imgur.com_FbSUaaV.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_FbSUaaV.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • ai.imgur.com_7Ft3AL1.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_7Ft3AL1.jpg
    819.6 KB · Views: 18
  • ai.imgur.com_dBdqSAS.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_dBdqSAS.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 18
  • ai.imgur.com_6YiPb2u.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_6YiPb2u.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 18
nice work Rex!
Thanks! If there is interest I could release the script as requested, but it will require you to edit your art file. For a couple of the different lights I borrowed the blue light from one of the paralyze field animation frames(which also means carefully editing the animations for it to account for the missing frame), the purple from those purple glowing runes, And of course those four lantern lights.
Working on a custom server definitely opens up possibilities when you can edit the files however you need and still be able to work within the limitations of the client.

I'm using Centred+ and Fiddler. Mostly Centred+.
[doublepost=1486140695][/doublepost]Does anyone recognize this map work? I found this map a long time ago but I can't remember who built it, or what the server was called:

View attachment 7989

View attachment 7990

View attachment 7991

View attachment 7992

View attachment 7993

*Chuckle*

Considering this is my map work, aside from the last two screenshots, I'd surely hope that I'd recognize it. This is from a rendition of Khaeros that's been posted to the forums. For all intents and purposes, while I still hold the lore era that it was based off in some esteem, it is being actively buried in favor of a new rendition. Not that there is ill to be spoken of for starting from scratch, but it gives a perspective of the situation.

If you look through my posts on abandoned shards, you'll find the link to it.

*Chuckle*

Considering this is my map work, aside from the last two screenshots, I'd surely hope that I'd recognize it. This is from a rendition of Khaeros that's been posted to the forums. For all intents and purposes, while I still hold the lore era that it was based off in some esteem, it is being actively buried in favor of a new rendition. Not that there is ill to be spoken of for starting from scratch, but it gives a perspective of the situation.

If you look through my posts on abandoned shards, you'll find the link to it.
Cant find Khaeros server in that thread, wheres the download link?

So, I have been working on a project where I am remaking Britannia for quite some time now. I am changing everything around and going for a more compact approach to building and focusing on detail rather than just sheer size. Here is the current map along with some screen shots.

Attachments

• Ulmaria.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
  • cove gate.jpg
    cove gate.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 107
  • cove1.jpg
    cove1.jpg
    250.1 KB · Views: 104
  • cove2.jpg
    cove2.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 100
  • cove3.jpg
    cove3.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 120
  • empath abbey.jpg
    empath abbey.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • eranas garden.jpg
    eranas garden.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 123
  • illusionists estate.jpg
    illusionists estate.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • minoc1.jpg
    minoc1.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 116
  • minoc2.jpg
    minoc2.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: abu
So, I have been working on a project where I am remaking Britannia for quite some time now. I am changing everything around and going for a more compact approach to building and focusing on detail rather than just sheer size. Here is the current map along with some screen shots.

I see some things in here that I like. And wished that I had thought of it first. But oh well.

Looks pretty nice :)
A bit oldschool and some new stuff from UO-Pixel (I always love to see my old plants getting some use in new projects :D ).I guess from time to time I can relate to the idea to rebuild Britannia...This is where we have all started.

So, some of my worldbuilding:

Andernburg1.png Festung2.png Hof1.png Natur1.png Tempel1.png Verfallen1.png

Last edited:
I see some things in here that I like. And wished that I had thought of it first. But oh well.
Thanks. Will continue to build more and more :)
[doublepost=1488371082][/doublepost]
Looks pretty nice :)
A bit oldschool and some new stuff from UO-Pixel (I always love to see my old plants getting some use in new projects :D ).I guess from time to time I can relate to the idea to rebuild Britannia...This is where we have all started.

So, some of my worldbuilding:

View attachment 8307 View attachment 8308 View attachment 8309 View attachment 8310 View attachment 8311 View attachment 8312

All I can say is wow. That truly stands above the rest. Even better than Arx Obscura. You totally updated the graphics into that old 2d client. What a great job. When are you releasing?

Thank you adam... :D (I should take a look here first and then reply to message o_O...)
Anyway: We have no fixed date for the release and there will be none till the point we are satisfied with our stuff. Since this type of worldbuilding and graphics is take a huge amount of time to realize it would be alie to tell you a fixed date that we cannot keep.
I personally think that if we open our webpage and open up for hiring we will speed up a bit due to the people joining in scripting and worldbuilding. But my experience shows me that 80% of the worldbuilders that like to join are not willing to learn some new tricks and than simply give up when they realize that usual worldbuilding as you knew it from before will not work in our case. We do a lot of research on historical buildings and try to habe every single screen look unique. So you will also need to inform yourself about different graslands, the differnce between a forest in tundra regions and other forest types and so on... So it is not that easy, but I guess that is what makes Aeternum very unique looking. And you need a lot of time to build something... Usually people are quite surprised when they learn that it needs quite more time to build a house on this standards. And we don't decorate our houses on the inside, cause we are far away from finishing all decoration graphics we need and we like the players to decorate their homes themselves... we will just decorate some NPC houses and stores later on...
So it is a huge load of work. But in roughly one week we are open for anyone willing to join who is accepted by the team. We will have open positions for which everyone can apply but the team will decide who is getting in and who not (not the admins). I would be glad if we find a lot of people willing to join the project and help with the worldbuilding, programming and stuff...

BTW: Usually I am available in Discord. But since I am from Germany you will not find only during normal US times ;-)

Cheers,

Valorian

some more pics of moonglow

Attachments

• south moonglow farms.jpg
    south moonglow farms.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 111
  • moonglow gates.jpg
    moonglow gates.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
  • moonglow docks1.jpg
    moonglow docks1.jpg