No permission to download

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Donate money to this user
Lord Clay Of Aquinas submitted a new resource:

So I started this sort of thread on another forum and would like to bring it here. I started work on a map that has been in the making since 2002/2003. It's been a very on and off process. Recently I dug up the files and decided it was time to start working on it.

So I started to share some of my progress with the map. And was thinking, maybe other people are proud of their work and want to share screenshots of it.

Here's a current work in progress shot. (Deciding whether I should go...

View attachment 2011
View attachment 2012
View attachment 2013
View attachment 2014
View attachment 2015
View attachment 2016
View attachment 2017

This last one I was debating on building a dam for the waterfall or just make it natural. That's why this one looks a little odd..
View attachment 2018

Last edited:

Dian

Nov 7, 2013
Shard Name
Ancient Legends
Donate
Good stuff :)
Sounds a lot like My wife and I.. started a map in 2001, worked on it very regularly up to around 2006-7, picked it back up again about 3-4 years ago.. lol
I have been meaning to post a thread as well with a batch of screen shots.

Never give up!

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Good stuff :)
Sounds a lot like My wife and I.. started a map in 2001, worked on it very regularly up to around 2006-7, picked it back up again about 3-4 years ago.. lol
I have been meaning to post a thread as well with a batch of screen shots.

Never give up!
Well, this is a thread to give you your chance.

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Of course this is still a work in progress. Dian, I know you saw these over on RunUO. I figured I'd bring them over here.

awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_buildings01.jpg
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_buildings02.jpg
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_buildings03.jpg
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_buildings04.jpg
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_buildings05.jpg
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_buildings06.jpg
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_shard_old_dock.png

This last one I was debating on building a dam for the waterfall or just make it natural. That's why this one looks a little odd..
awww.uo_er.com_pics_ss_new_waterfall_20ideas.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: otimpyre

Po0ka

Aug 19, 2014
Antarctica
A dam would look ok with the amount of water above, and natural does too considering the size of the falls.
If it's really close to a town i would vote yes for a dam, if not i would keep it natural, a waterfall is funnier to watch for the person that sleeps in that tent. :p

Omni

Dec 22, 2013
uodecoded.com
Shard Name
UO Decoded
I am actually in need of a full time builder. So its probably something you won't have the time for but if you ever feel you want to start on a new project please let me know could always use someone with your talents..

Lord Clay Of Aquinas

Jun 29, 2014
Shard Name
Unknown
Donate
Ahh no, that was an error. Thanks for mentioning it because I removed the useless resources.

It was mostly just showing off work.

john burns

Mar 12, 2014
Michigan, USA
vachiadroylia.dynu.net
Shard Name
Vachia Droylia
I think I asked this before but can't remember. Does centred save automatically to the required files on the server side automatically?

And if I erase all of my UOLive Map Streamer Saved files, my maps should go back to original states, provided I also install them to my client side. Still going to use to UOLive Map Streamer, maybe not for heavy map editing. Found out my Server folder is 5.5gb large. I think UOLive is the reason. I need to use centred for map editing, so it doesn't get so huge again.

Last edited:

Hank

Nov 14, 2013
Earth
I think I asked this before but can't remember. Does centred save automatically to the required files on the server side automatically?
Centred does automatically save at set intervals.
Should have made a new thread for these questions instead of posting them on an unrelated topic.

Rex

Feb 4, 2015
We've been working on a custom map for our server. It was created using the BMP through Dragon_Imod13 method. We first worked on creating the swatches for each type of area. Which means customizing the types of statics that would be generated in a given tile type. trees for forest, jungle trees for jungle tiles etc. We wanted to use translucent water tiles so we jimmy rigged Dragon to generate a top surface layer of water and then we did a second map generation that had a different lower undersea surface and its own undersea deco spawns.The effect worked out nicely. Our server run an enforced role play experience and has been in production off and on for nearly 10 years where we've been open for a while and held "Acts" for each one time period.For this latest Act5 and the map we've decided to take almost the entirety of our Act4 map and merge it into this map. The area's were also drawn in the BMP and fed through dragon as placeholders, and then later we used RadMapCopy to splice them into the placeholder spots, thereby keeping the exact statics we had before.
http://www.13thrones.com/
Here are some screens of the progression:
A test map for swatches and testing transitions.
testswatchBig.JPG
swatches:
ScorchedLand.JPG
grass2jungle.JPG
gras2swamp.JPG
water2beach2grass2mountain.JPG
forest2mountain.JPG
This is the Act4 map.
Tormap.jpg
Here's roughly what this new map ended up as. you can see how the Act4 map fits inside the Act5 map at the top right section.
EasyToLookAtMap.gif
We've had our share of map errors when splicing!
NewExcitingLevelDesign.JPG
We converted the Act4 map water which was opaque to translucent.
Docks.JPG

Reactions: zerodowned

Milva

Admin
Mar 3, 2013
Donate
Awesome map!! Have always really liked the translucent water !!