Aschnyder26 submitted a new resource:

Skill Trainer NPC 1.0 - A skill training NPC that opens a gump when you say train or pay gold

This is a skill training NPC I made. It can be set to charge gold or to use a keyword to call the training gump if perhaps you are beta testing and want players to be able to easily change skills. The options are already scripted in you would just need to comment one or the other out. The skill trainer can be set to train a single skill to a certain level or multiple skills all at once. He also responds with sayings that you can customize and gets stern if you try to short him on gold. LOL...

Read more about this resource...

This looks really great. I added him to my shard to check him out. The script is well laid out and commented throughout for easy editing. He's already blessed and can't walk. Unfortunately, any other skill you had is now set to 0, so even the things that a new player starts with are gone.

Good idea, but I won't be using this NPC in it's current form.

Yes that's set up in case you want to use 7x gm, similar to a skillball. To disable that and allow for just the skill to increase without affecting other skills you can comment lines 305 and 306 out and then it will not set the other skills to 0.
Code:
for (int i = 0; i < skills.Length; ++i)
                                skills[i].Base = 0;

I'm sure you could get fancy and add checks for various skills and caps etc, I didn't know how to make that work the way I wanted it to.

Last edited:
Yup, that was easy! Set a skill trainer for 1 skill without zeroing out everything else in the training room. Great addon! Thanks so much for your contribution, as well as quick feedback. You're about to get a good review. :)

Aschnyder26 updated Skill Trainer NPC 1.0 with a new update entry:

Updated gumps, added stat trainer and set checks for statcaps.

This is a skill training NPC I made. It can be set to charge gold or to use a keyword to call the training gump if perhaps you are beta testing and want players to be able to easily change skillsand stats. It could easily be modified to use any currency your shard uses.

Just change
Code (C#):
  1. if (dropped is Gold && dropped.Amount >= 10000)
to whatever you need.

The options are already scripted in, you...

Read the rest of this update entry...

This is a great addon and I love the crap out of it. :) My shard has needs that the updates aren't used for, like I didn't want a stat trainer since this skill trainer is located right by all the training dummies, and the individual skillcap is 500. I worked from the first release, and wanted both a GM trainer for one skill, and a Master Trainer (to Legendary) at a higher price.

I set the original trainer set to train 1 skill without zeroing out everything else to GM for 15K. He stays right next to the training dummies for the noobs. I hid a second one, the Master Trainer who trains one skill to 120 for 50K, in the Umbra, Felucca Necromancer shop. I've set the Master Trainer to always be GL for the title

Here are both. They're just a little more serious in their speech, though I like a casual NPC as well. You should see my weed connection. :D

Attachments

• Skill Trainer NPCs - GM and Leg.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Yes it's perfect for my shard, and it wouldn't have gotten that way without your clean and well commented coding. Thanks again!
[doublepost=1532356922][/doublepost]Oops, almost perfect. No Imbuing skill. It looks like I could just add a line for the button and the text to the bottom, adding the correct amounts to get to the next line on the gump. Is that right, and is Imbuing the skill name?
[doublepost=1532359172][/doublepost]Hm, well I'm getting closer... I added the lines to the Skill Trainer. The button is there, label is correct, both in the right spot. Unfortunately, I'm having an issue with the AddCheck SkillName. I tried Inbuing but that does nothing. Doublechecked it against the SkillBall I had just used earlier, and that is the correct SkillName, I just don't have it quite right somehow. Here's what I have at the end of that section:

Code:
//********************************************************//New Column of Skills on Gump
            this.AddCheck(425, 465, 210, 211, false, (int)SkillName.Bushido);
            this.AddCheck(610, 65, 210, 211, false, (int)SkillName.Chivalry);
            this.AddCheck(610, 90, 210, 211, false, (int)SkillName.Necromancy);
            this.AddCheck(610, 115, 210, 211, false, (int)SkillName.Ninjitsu);
            this.AddCheck(610, 140, 210, 211, false, (int)SkillName.Spellweaving);
            this.AddCheck(610, 165, 210, 211, false, (int)SkillName.Imbuing);
            //+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++//Divide checkbox from label
            this.AddLabel(450, 465, 0, SkillName.Bushido.ToString());
            this.AddLabel(635, 65, 0, SkillName.Chivalry.ToString());
            this.AddLabel(635, 90, 0, SkillName.Necromancy.ToString());
            this.AddLabel(635, 115, 0, SkillName.Ninjitsu.ToString());
            this.AddLabel(635, 140, 0, SkillName.Spellweaving.ToString());
            this.AddLabel(635, 165, 0, SkillName.Imbuing.ToString());

Obviously Imbuing is at the end. Looks right, not fully functional yet. Got any tips for me? Please? :)

Last edited:
Ok I did all the changes in the script and he talks but also before giving him gold he still opens the gump and players are still able to get skills for free. I must be doing something wrong :(

Try this one
Ok I will get back to you soon my test takes forever to get going hehe. Thanks
Post automatically merged:

This is what I got.
Post automatically merged:

Ok when I say Train he still shows the Gump and when I try to lower a skill to 0 he tells me I cant get a skill untill I lowe one. very strange

Attachments

• 55.png
    55.png
    137.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
The error from the screenshot means you have a skilltrainer script somewhere else in your scripts. Did you remove the old one first before trying the new one? Also are you testing this using an admin account or a player account? I tested this with a fresh install of servuo and it seemed to work alright.

Sorry i'm late to the party but i put this script and modified the values only, it is into my custom scripts folder under scripts folder of SERVUO and for some reason i can't spawn it in-game...I can't search for skilltrainer or skill trainer even or find the mobile, much help appreciated :)

Did you restart the ServUO Server so that the script could compile? Also post the script so I can see what was changed please. You should be able to [add SkillTrainer

Thanks for the reply, i actually posted under script help, my issue is that NO script compiles at all.. if they're custom.. So its not your script it's on my end ;/

Thanks for the reply, i actually posted under script help, my issue is that NO script compiles at all.. if they're custom.. So its not your script it's on my end ;/
Ok. I also D/L a fresh ServUO and it didn't work on it so I guess its a problem with the latest ServUO. It works on my RunUO 2.7 Shard. Weird.

Back