I am an original UO player from 200-2003. Returned recently to find barren servers. I figured if I'm going to explore an empty world I might as well make my own. I don't fancy the grind I'll need to build my three original 'main' characters on a player shard.

I'm hoping that now I have my own server running I'll be able to figure out fairly easily how to create a character and add all the best toys. Then I'll be off exploring places I never dared go on Catskills.

Advice more than welcome!

with a admin account you created there is a a command called help type it just like this

[help
any command you use will always need "[" infront of it.

adding a item has differant ways of doing it.

do [add longsword

or do [add brings up a menu.

there is hunderds of commands listed ply with them you can not break anything.

for stats use [set dex 100 [set str 100 [set int 100 or use whatever number you want the stat to be.

for skills [set skill skillnamehere numberforskillhere example = [set skill magery 120

for pets I just tame with admin and transfer to character, but I think you could do [add tamablenamehere then use properties to change to tame.

You can also just say the petsname obey as an admin and your set to go. Do not use the command bracket..'['
Post automatically merged:

This is how it begins for many -- just a world to run around and explore without being bothered. Until you start wondering "what if a few friends wanted to play here too?" And then "I don't like such and such; I think I want to change it to this instead...." and then you end up where many of us are today!

I am an original UO player from 200-2003. Returned recently to find barren servers. I figured if I'm going to explore an empty world I might as well make my own. I don't fancy the grind I'll need to build my three original 'main' characters on a player shard.

I'm hoping that now I have my own server running I'll be able to figure out fairly easily how to create a character and add all the best toys. Then I'll be off exploring places I never dared go on Catskills.

Advice more than welcome!
If you would like a few of the "starter" scripts let me know. little things like gmtool, add2stadit, addon generator, and showart gump, are al here but sometimes hard to find let me know i'll make you a copy of mine.

If you would like a few of the "starter" scripts let me know. little things like gmtool, add2stadit, addon generator, and showart gump, are al here but sometimes hard to find let me know i'll make you a copy of mine.
I'd love any help I can get!
Post automatically merged:

This may be a stupid question, but if you don't ask you don't get. One of the first things I always try to get a new character is a rune book to all the towns. As there are no player vendors for me to get this, do I need to travel using moongates and mark my runes, then create my own book?

You will need to create a new folder- Open scripts folder then add a new folder there- Name it maybe like- Custom Scripts
Just add the script in this folder- always remember to save and restart the server with any new items added
In game just use [add travebook (if this is the script name inside) once you add it just put this in your backpack

You will need to create a new folder- Open scripts folder then add a new folder there- Name it maybe like- Custom Scripts
Just add the script in this folder- always remember to save and restart the server with any new items added
In game just use [add travebook (if this is the script name inside) once you add it just put this in your backpack
I must be missing something - where is the link to download the script? Sorry if I'm being a little slow. In my defense I was up late tinkering with my new shard.....never mind............. I found it...

Last edited:
Back