The Problem:
Lines 6-11:
These lines will change every so often to accommodate the SocketMount and SocketCreature buffs....
What I am having issues with is finding a way to have a creature utilize a HasBreath effect. This is just an example as I am just testing the system thus far. It's still very unstable, but works the way it should between Socket Mob and Gem interactions. I just can't seem to get the buffs added correctly.

I've asked for assistance, but it's been a while since I've scripted anything new for RunUO, let alone ServUO and so I'm requesting a little help; pay for play negotiable if we get an end result. Thanks.

Code:
switch (Utility.Random(3))
{
    case 0:
        {
            bsm.UsedSockets += 1;
            bsm.Hue = 68;
            bsm.AugmentList = bsm.AugmentList + "\n" + m_Augmentation.Name;
            from.SendMessage(55, "You have successfully enhanced the Socket Horse!");
            bsm.ActiveSpeed = 5.0;
            m_Augmentation.Delete();
            break;
        }
    case 1:
        {
            from.SendMessage(55, "You have failed in your attempt to enhance the Socket Horse!");
            m_Augmentation.Delete();
            break;
        }
    case 2:
        {
            bsm.Kill();
            from.SendMessage(55, "The power in the gem was too strong and killed your Socket Horse!");
            m_Augmentation.Delete();
            break;
        }
}

the buffs would go where that line is... that line was a test to see if I could change the ActiveSpeed and it worked. The problem I am having is that I get the error below ALL the time when trying to add breath attacks associated with each gem.

bool BreathPoisonDamage = bsm.HasBreath; //Works
bsm.PoisonDamage = Utility.Random(25, 50); //Works

bsm.BreathPoisonDamage = Utility.Random(25, 50); //Throws Error Below

Property or indexer 'Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.BreathPoisonDamage' cannot be assigned to -- it is read only

If I just wanted to add BreathPoisonDamage to a mobile I can do it like this:
Code:
public virtual int BreathPoisonDamage { get { return 0; } }

So how would I add it to an item that modifies an attribute like that to a mobile? This is the main issue is that I don't know how to do it. So I have put my thinking cap on, tail between my legs, and I'm waiting for someone to teach me. lol

Attached is the beta system... it's really not production server ready; I will release the final project when I fix these issues I am having. This is an alternative to MetaPets.... it allows you to use a non-xml socket system to add buffs to bonded pets using gems. I plan on extending this system for all pets, but at the moment it only covers a new class of mount called SocketMounts.

Attachments

• ScriptAnalysis.rar
    6.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
What you would probably need is to do one of the following:

1. Change BaseCreature so that the readonly properties have both setters and getters.

or

2. In your derived classes, such as BaseSocketMount, override any "socketable" properties like this:

Code:
     private int my_BreathPoisonDamage;
     public override int BreathPoisonDamage { get { return my_BreathPoisonDamage; } }
     public void SetBreathPoisonDamage( int damage )
     {
          my_BreathPoisonDamage = damage;
     }

Then, this would work:

Code:
bsm.SetBreathPoisonDamage( Utility.Random(25, 50) );

Back