I have searched high and low and seen a view threads about this, however I have not seen anything definitive.

Can someone explain the steps needed to be taken to get an item to be spawned as a stealable item using the xmlspawner?

I gather that it needs to be locked down and set as stealable however I am not sure exactly where to set these flags.

That being said, I feel pretty good I was able to create a couple quests that work so things are making more sense!

Thanks in advance.

On an xml spawner you add movable false and STEALABLE true. (the caps seem to matter?)

RecallRune/Movable/False/STEALABLE/True

~Edit~
Here is a pic of the setting. Press the button to open the book, and add the properties.

Attachments

• Stealable Spawn.JPG
    Stealable Spawn.JPG
    111 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Ok so I got it to work on one item last night. Now today playing around with it and it isn't saving the code in the book. However I just figured it out. You need to delete the current text in the book and re-add the "stealableitemname"/Movable/False/STEALABLE/True. You can't just add the /Movable/False/STEALABLE/True.

Hopefully this helps someone out in the future.

:)
Post automatically merged:

One additional question is there a command to turn on or off all spawners with a partial name?

e.g.

I have several stealable spawners
2020stealable1
2020stealable2

I know there is a code for champspawns (below) so I am guessing there is one for the xmlspawners as well.

[global set active true where championspawn

was trying something like

[XmlSet Running True Where 2020Stealable
However doesn't work.

Last edited:
I am not sure about a command like that (probably is one), but you could save all your stealables into on xml file then use the load/unload command to start & stop them (place & remove really, but same effect). I did that for my holiday quests. I can load/unload any holiday easily.

To make an xml file use the [xmlfind command, then search by name, or partial name. In this case 'stealable'. Check the ones you want to group together, and in the save box type something like 'stealables.xml', and save. Then you use [xmlload stealalbes.xml and [xmlunload stealables.xml

The default location of the xml file will be your root ServUO folder. I use the xml files for all my quests. Makes setup a breeze.

xmlfind.JPG
save xml.JPG

So this no longer works now? I keep getting an error from the spawner "STEALABLE : Property Not Found"

Command:
BookOfTruthArtifact/Movable/False/STEALABLE/True/Hue/2101/Name/The Journal of the Unknown Scholar/

So this no longer works now? I keep getting an error from the spawner "STEALABLE : Property Not Found"

Command:
BookOfTruthArtifact/Movable/False/STEALABLE/True/Hue/2101/Name/The Journal of the Unknown Scholar/
Try removing the "/" after The Journal if the Unknown Scholar?

1670963246838.png
Sorry, forgot all about this post, until I tried this again. I just tried now for 3rd time.. and this is all i get...

It also seems that the ADD command doesnt work either. Unless I have it wrong: /ADD,0.5/<SosarianOre>/
1670963498616.png

Should I bug this? or is this intentional?

So im going to answer my own question. Just in case someone else has this issue in the future.

It seems that alot of the XMLSPAWNER's fuctionality was :mad: removed.. :mad: Which is unfortunate, Its power and flexibility is a must have for creating new content, and should be readded IMO. Ive decided to downgrade to 57.2 ( Which can be found here for anyone who doesnt know: Release Publish 57.2 · ServUO/ServUO )

Last edited:
i just added to dailyrares.cs bunches of items. props for x y z coordinates but they are not stealable
really i wanted to just make chests with stealable items? old servuo 57.2 did that on props comand but 58 does not!

So im going to answer my own question. Just in case someone else has this issue in the future.

It seems that alot of the XMLSPAWNER's fuctionality was :mad: removed.. :mad: Which is unfortunate, Its power and flexibility is a must have for creating new content, and should be readded IMO. Ive decided to downgrade to 57.2 ( Which can be found here for anyone who doesnt know: Release Publish 57.2 · ServUO/ServUO )
If you can find the person on the repo who removed it maybe you can ask why it was removed, maybe it was a stability thing more than a decision to just cut from the community as a whole. Obviously more functionality is better - it might be worth seeing who removed it and getting a why?

Finding the commit that changed it also could help you in reinstating it.

Last edited:
Back