Resource icon

Spellbar Ver 2.1 [ Final ]

No permission to download

john burns

Citizen
I am going to have to say latest version. I renamed the folder to make it smaller and easier to work with.

** EDIT **
It tells me I have 15 of 30 spells selected, which I only have 6 on Magery and nothing else. And some of the pictures do no go with the labels. For instance, the picture for meteor swarm has the label for earth elemental.

Last edited:

Saborian

Citizen
Am I using the wrong version of this script or something? Mine doesn't say that on Line 2442:
Code:
			this.AddPage(1);

if ( m_Scroll.mSwitch == 0 ) 
			{ 

AddImage( 24, 0, 2234, 0);
				AddImageTiled( 0,0, 25,80, 2624 ); //options background
				AddAlphaRegion(0, 0, 25, 80);

if ( m_Scroll.mLock == 0 )
					{
						dbx = 67; dbxa = 45; dby = 5; dbya = 0;

this.AddButton( 2, 28,  22404, 22404, 138, GumpButtonType.Reply, 1); // flip button
						this.AddButton( 2, 5,  5603, 5603, 0, GumpButtonType.Page, 2); // minimize
						this.AddButton( 5, 54,  2510, 2510, 139, GumpButtonType.Reply, 1); // unlocked
					}
					else
					{
						this.AddButton( 5, 54,  2092, 2092, 139, GumpButtonType.Reply, 1); // locked
					}
			}

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
@Macil you have those numbers under mLock instead of mSwitch. so probably an older version of the script. and may cause problems if you lock the hotbar.
Make sure you're using the newest version and also make sure it shows the correct numbers under mSwitch

if ( m_Scroll.mSwitch == 0 )
{
//dbx = 50; dbxa = 45; dby = 5; dbya = 0;
dbx = 67; dbxa = 45; dby = 5; dbya = 0;

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
4.5 is the newest, but you need to make the change to the numbers listed above to make sure it works when locked.

i admit, i've been slacking a bit with the spellbar, but I was working on that thing for around a month and have managed to start and finish two other projects that I really wanted to get working for my shard.

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
egads, EasyUO is an alien language to me.

after learning c+ for sphere i switched to runuo and had to learn all over again.
if you know your learning style then go with it.

i do a lot of reference scripting, and it helps to understand Operators and what they do, like the difference between & and &&. msdn is a great source for that http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/6a71f45d.aspx

tass23

:) glad you like it

lol, i was waiting for someone to ask about ACC. this code is written with customization in mind. once I get a few features working and added that I want to include then i'll address that.
the only "problem" i can see regarding ACC is that it doesn't have the spell icons. so I'd have to make buttons with labels but the buttons would be fairly small.

I am planning on releasing a version that includes Bard of Masteries, but not right now since some people may not have that system and I want as many people as possible to be able to try it out
Zero, nice job on this! :)
Just FYI, but ACC does use spell icons. They can be completely customized for each system. My thoughts for those shard owners out there that have ACC and have not adjusted the default spell schools to use icons (some of them do, some don't) would be to have a "generic" icon as a placeholder. This will also show people that that particular spell and/or school does not have the icons set correctly. I wouldn't suggest using labels, they would take up more space and you'd have some spells with labels and some without. Aesthetically it would probably look strange. The other thing that might be a hitch incorporating ACC is that system allows you can position the spells on your screen with a gump and the spells work with a single click, not a double click.

john burns

Citizen
the only problem I have now is the labels do not match the spells chosen.
For Example----I choose the Recall Spell----right gump, but it says its the Paralyze Spell.

Can I fix that? and how? or is it more complicated?

Milva

Administrator
Sorry to see that you won't be updating your spellbar here any more, would there be any specific reason? :/

Swoo

Citizen
i put that into custom scripts, but when ingame using [spellbar it says thats not a valid command... maybe i have to put it somewhere else?

Joshua

Squire
System works beautifully, however I'm trying to change it to meet some different needs. This can allow the complete removal of spell books from the game, however the system does check for the books.

I was able to get the gumps to ignore the checks and still allow access to the spells, however if the spell book isn't present in the bag, it disappears off the toolbar. By chance know a way to easily remove the check for the books all together? so by opening the tool bar, the player would have access to all the spells without the need of the book itself.

(I've already have the adjustments in place to cast spells without the book in the backpack)

zerodowned

ServUO Developer
To be honest, this script makes me cringe now due to how much unnecessary code and time I put into it; due to not knowing how to use forloops and lists yet.

I've been wanting to do a complete overhaul just to make it nicer and hopefully run a little more smoothly. not to mention ease of customizing the script.

I was able to get the gumps to ignore the checks and still allow access to the spells, however if the spell book isn't present in the bag, it disappears off the toolbar. By chance know a way to easily remove the check for the books all together? so by opening the tool bar, the player would have access to all the spells without the need of the book itself.
I can't remember for certain, but chances are with the way I coded it back then you'll have to remove a check for each and every spell.