I just noticed this now seeing as I never play a girl character...

But why is there no girl voice chants for Spirit Speak?

Pre-aos Spirit Speak was used to give the ability to understand dead characters and did not have any healing powers.
So if I had to guess from a RP point of view. You're speaking in a spirit language that has no gender.
Spirit Speak sound is (0x24B spirtspk.wav) for anyone interested.

But that is a neat catch, I'd never thought about it until now.

Better yet, why are there no female models or sounds for monsters? (speaking of the vast majority mostly, there are some female gender mobs in the game)

and further more, why was there never a Queen British! heh..
(Yeah i know when uo was made it was geared towards males around the age of young adults)

True they believe mostly men play UO I guess :)

In my experience in MMO's and online gaming in general there definitely is a majority of males playing.

Here is something interesting. In my class of 40+ people there are 0 females, and in the whole Engineering department in my college for my year, out of probably 200 people there are also 0 females. Out of all 4 years and probably about 500 people there is one female and she is graduating this year. After that, if no more females join next year the entire department will consist of only males!

The college even offers incentives for females such as free books and lunches in entice them to join in on engineering. It is a real shame it doesn't work.

On the other hand if you go to the teaching college I think at last count there was a ratio of 70% women and 30% men.

Wow that's amazing to say the least, I would think with incentives for woman more would really think about this field, great information for sure!

Supposedly official UO is going to add more female apparel. At least that was what bonny armstrong said at one point. I'm sure they still want to. I'm excited to see what comes with Time of Legends!

I remember reading an 'article' about a guy posing as a female on uo forever and how he was treated.
http://alttabme.com/forum/index.php?threads/the-girl-gamer-on-the-other-side.3906/

kind of interesting, very opinion based. Some will agree and some will disagree.

Back