ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
Can someone please point me to a page with a comprehensive summary of what all of the seetings in tiledata.mul do?

I mean some of them are obvious, like "impassable", but others like "foliage" or "liquid" are less clear. And even for the ones with a rather clear intuitive meaning, it would be nice to see a complete technical description of exactly how the effect behaves in-game.

Thanks.

No such site has ever existed and does not exist. You have to try it in a "trial and error" style. But I'll give advice. See how different objects are set up. You'll know how to give flags. "Foliage" is a clear setting for the treetop, it causes transparency when the player character enters under the tree. "Transculent" sets the object for the static that you want to be transparent (for example, transparent water). But as I say, look at how the different items are set up, you know the most.

There's a lot of good info in a couple other threads.

You know, one thing you could try is look for the third party clients....like Orion or ClassicUO...that are open source. See how they read the tiledata. I've referred to their source in the past to understand how the server interacts with the client.

Well, my knowledge doesn't reach that level of detail yet :) I was mainly wondering about "Transparent" vs. "Translucent".

What I think of as "Transparent" is actually called "Translucent" in UO. I'm not sure what the "Transparent" setting does, but it is not what I want.

Last edited:
Well, my knowledge doesn't reach that level of detail yet :) I was mainly wondering about "Transparent" vs. "Translucent".

What I think of as "Transparent" is actually called "Translucent" in UO. I'm not sure what the "Transparent" setting does, but it is not what I want.
I've been doing UO for 18 years and I still don't know what the Transparent flag means. :)

Back