Hey guys, new here.
I've been playing UO since a while now (lol 13 years or so) but never ever tried to run my own shard and so i started looking up on whats going on and i found this. Looks like its for advanced people in scripting and those kind of things, but i really want to give a try.

So i'll just say hi and to start off, some questions

Is servuo easy to mess with some wanted roleplay features (like remove all magery/spells), remove names appearing in the screen, remove info about weapons (only acessible by the arms lore) and so on?

Thanks in advance guys, and a pleasure to be here

Hey Primo, welcome to the club!

How easy it is to edit and set up a shard using ServUO all depends on the users ability. When I first got into private shards all those years ago I did not know much about c# and did not program much outside of Visual Basic and YaBasic. I was completely lost but learned slowly by reading the forums and asking the right questions. We have a very helpful userbase here at ServUO and will be glad to help you out when the time comes, just make a new thread :)

The modifications you are asking about though is probably out of the scope of a new user, however, with some research and help you will get there.

Good luck!

Welcome aboard! I will say, the people here are wonderful and like dmurphy said it really depends on your starting skill set. Most of what I learn is from deconstructing scripts and if I still can't figure it out ask questions. I really recommend keeping this website, RunUO and PlayUO in your favorites. Between the 3 sites you can find so much information. Good luck!

Back