***I have been adding islands and fixes daily, make sure to update your copy to latest version***

hi, would it be possible for the Survival Island to be opened and closed registration by staff member to make it a Special event in a shard ? if yes how :p
It'll involve a change to the command that starts the match, good suggestion, so I'll add it in as a default feature, should be up later today!

Thanks for the update wilson but i was thinking more about something along:

Staff toggle the event ON & announce the event will start in 15 minutes so get to safety etc.......
Player register during that period of time.
Staff Launch the event manually & not the player.
Event automaticly set itself to off after event is done.

because from my understanding right now we turn it on/off, player register and they are the one who say when they are ready to begin, there no way to force the match to start etc.... If everyone register but no one ready up it will be endless with no event going on.

dont know if that make sense.

I see your concern now, I'll add a command for staff to force start the match in the event players are not readying up for one reason or another!

I'll think about the other stuff, and add something, not sure just yet what that is!

Last question, how do i change the reward ? i would like to give sovereign scroll instead of coin. A better amount of the winning team and a smaller amount for the loosing team as a participation price.

In SurvivalTeam.cs look for the following method, it controls the reward given!

Code:
        private void RewardPlayer(SurvivalPlayer info)
        {
            var total = info.Points;

total += info.Kills * 2;

total -= info.Deaths;

info.S_Player.AddToBackpack(new Gold(total * 50));

info.S_Player.SendMessage(53, $"Thanks for playing, You recieved {total * 50} Gold!");

TopPlayersBook.ValidateTopPlayer(info);
        }

So every kill get them 50 golds minus the number of times they have been killed right ?
Correct, points are rewarded for kills and reduced for deaths, plus you get points for winning, all points calculated at end and total points * 50 gold! You could adjust the gold given or even add a condition for if total points > n = reward item drop. I will admit, I didn't focus on giving rewards as I didn't want it to be abused, so a small token of gold is usually suffice imo, I felt getting in the top players list for event was more of a reward! Bragging rights, which a players ego is based around usually!

Well i can agree with you about the top player :p and the ego, but since i want to make it an event run by the staff, if it would be better to actually put X reward for winner and X reward for participation instead of a K/D ratio score.

i could just endlessly kill my friends to get a better score and get a massive reward etc... So if i want to change the reward for a fix reward would that be possible to do so or no ?

Is it possible to make the player not have to readyup and just staff start it ?

Last edited:
Match auto start as soon as 2 player register, if i change the number of minimum required players to start the event there is no way a staff member can force start the event, Also if the event is started and someone want to join during the middle of the event is it allowed ?

I'll check the auto start on min players as that shouldn't happen, one player needs to hit start to begin match, this was also a change I made to readyup, I remove it and Force Start as if allowing the match to start by any player that joined would alleviate the need of a forced start, they can't start until min players are in, I probably forgot to edit something while changing over to the new starting gump! I didn't allow players to join the match once it begins but what I'll do it add the option in settings, so if you wish to have players join mid match, you'll have the means to do so! It should be out in a hour or so!

I never had it where it was staff only start, I could add a toggle for that, prior versions only allowed a forced start by staff if one of the players didn't ready up, but if they all ready up, then the game would proceed! I was just about to post back that I tested and could auto start it so it must have been the other player! ;)

Back