As some of you might know I have been rebuilding the old ATS system from the ground up again and Its Taming BOD time again. I removed all the old rewards and remaking new ones... Maybe a few of the old ones. I need some idea thou. I want rewards that are useful to taming but not OP. I have a few ideas listed below would love to hear your feedback.

Note: I am also trying to avoid cross system rewards (Bio eng, shrink) cause each system will be plug and play and will work independently from each other. So if you want the shrink system and bod system but not the bio eng or pet leveling you can just drop which systems you want in restart enable and go!

• Pet Bonding Deed
  • Pet Dyes
  • Ethereal pet dye (Dyes a pet the ethereal hue)

The +2 pet slot gear is helpful, +1 pet slot sash, cloak, robe. Perhaps a timer when they are equipped so they are temporary. Then you can also give out a deed to "recharge" them as rewards. +Stable slots are helpful as well, if you don't allow animals on taming BoDs to be shrunk. +Taming skill clothing (weapons, jewelry, etc).

Attachments

• ai843.photobucket.com_albums_zz359_ShazzyShard_Stat_20Bonus_20Roses.jpg
    ai843.photobucket.com_albums_zz359_ShazzyShard_Stat_20Bonus_20Roses.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 74
I saw a shard with powerscrolls for pets that lets them take skills over 100. Wa pretty neat and not OP because most players have 120 fighting, why not a pet.

Body mod scrolls are neat, who doesnt want a dragon that looks like a chicken?

Believe Ronin FS taming had the pet scrolls as a reward they were pretty rare but nice when you did get one :)
How about a Musical Instrument with alot of charges on it
There is a flute which drops in the ML area which does that but a pretty rare item.
A deed maybe where you can name your pet with a space? :)
Those pet kennels are sure nice, but I think you need the whole key system (holds all your pets after shrinking)
for it to work ( tass would know about this one)

Pet Kennels? What is this of which you speak? :)

Also if anyone has free time today. I would love some help testing the new systems in the ATS... Got a vanity pet system that needs testing! If you want to help pm me ill let you know how to help test it today.

With the pet kennel you can add all your pets (shrunk) and it shows all the stats of the pet-pet name-level of the pet. But I'm pretty sure to make it work the key system is needed. Looks like a small house and when you open it reminds you of a bod book but with all the entries of your pets.
I would say this would be pretty tough to script plus of course not all servers would want it, they want the stable to handle this :)

Attachments

• ai.imgur.com_AnLw3oI.jpg
    ai.imgur.com_AnLw3oI.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 110
How about some pet ability deeds that can apply a temporary (time based maybe) ability to any targeted pet. Such as...double uses for music instruments, or double luck while mounted, ect. Minor stuff that wouldn't be much of a game changer.

You'd have to apply/remove the effect when the player mounted the effected pet, and I'd strongly recommend making it a temp bonus. Also maybe prevent stacking of abilities. As BODs aren't all that hard to do most of the time.

Maybe an orb that would allow a player to link the orb to a pet and retrieve it from the stables, at no cost and no matter where they are? This would be a higher reward item, as I bet players would use it and like it.

And this is only assuming your pet leash has a limited number of uses on it. Maybe offer a piece of clothing, or a deed to apply to an existing item, that would double the amount of uses you get out of a pet leash. This would also be a temp ability that I'd do, game based time or something.

I'll try and think of some better ideas and post them later.

Insanity said:
Maybe an orb that would allow a player to link the orb to a pet and retrieve it from the stables, at no cost and no matter where they are? This would be a higher reward item, as I bet players would use it and like it.

Pet balls of summoning ;) You can get them as loot from killing Solen Queens as part of the Ambitious Solen Queen quest ;)

I like the idea of bonuses being applied while mounted on a particular pet. However, what if you are riding it and you get into combat with mobs that dismount you a lot? You'd have to have a check in there to not re-apply said ability every time they re-mounted.

I think something else that would be helpful (although it'd have to be a rare reward) is a deed to complete any large Taming BoD. Or perhaps complete one requirement of it. Some of those large ones can take a fair bit of time if you're having trouble getting the smaller ones.

Back