Have you tried to move the mouse further away from your character when you click or open your settings and buried in them is a check box to enable running (you can macro the toggle too)?

If so, double check the script. I very much doubt they sent you the slow packet but you never know.

yeah, first thing I tried was moving the mouse away from the character. Then tried options--always run, but that didn't work. So, time to check the script. Thanks.

How would I know if I have the slow script, and how would I correct this?

* * * * EDIT 1-15-2016 at 2:18am * * * *
I didn't set the stats on the gate, so when I walked over them, it set all stats to 1. I reset all stats to 500, and now I am running fine.
Who knew.

Last edited:
You know you don't need stats at 500 right?

It can also create an underlaying problem when you create a new monster you perceive it's difficulty based on to your broken stats. Keep everything but HP in normal range and if you feel like you need some kind of murder to get by, there is a [kill command or even [set maxdamage 500 mindamage 450 that can turn any weapon into an unbelievable killing blade without needing even a single stat taken above player capable levels.

And I do totally get it if you're used to running around mortal all the time and are 100,000% times petrified that a player might kill you, see 5,000hp (plus you can watch damage values without worrying about healing), but you are the owner/developer/administrator. Being professional is the best thing you can do. Project an image that your character not to be attacked, set your backpack's loottype to blessed to prevent your stuff from ever being lost (yes you can do that) and if it happens don't be afraid to open your admin menu, freeze them, rip them right back to you, strip them naked, put a pink dress on them, and set it unmovable for a few hours so they can't remove it (yes you can do that too) before turning them loose. IE don't play the game of PvP, play the game I'm SO-SUPERIOR-I-DON'T-NEED-STUPID-ZEROS! game instead. :)

Well I suppose the dress isn't professional, but eh I'm still working on it too ;)

Last edited:
You know you don't need stats at 500 right?

It can also create an underlaying problem when you create a new monster you perceive it's difficulty based on to your broken stats. Keep everything but HP in normal range and if you feel like you need some kind of murder to get by, there is a [kill command or even [set maxdamage 500 mindamage 450 that can turn any weapon into an unbelievable killing blade without needing even a single stat taken above player capable levels.

And I do totally get it if you're used to running around mortal all the time and are 100,000% times petrified that a player might kill you, see 5,000hp (plus you can watch damage values without worrying about healing), but you are the owner/developer/administrator. Being professional is the best thing you can do. Project an image that your character not to be attacked, set your backpack's loottype to blessed to prevent your stuff from ever being lost (yes you can do that) and if it happens don't be afraid to open your admin menu, freeze them, rip them right back to you, strip them naked, put a pink dress on them, and set it unmovable for a few hours so they can't remove it (yes you can do that too) before turning them loose. IE don't play the game of PvP, play the game I'm SO-SUPERIOR-I-DON'T-NEED-STUPID-ZEROS! game instead. :)

Well I suppose the dress isn't professional, but eh I'm still working on it too ;)

I didn't make myself clear.
As a staff member I increased my stats and that fixed the problem. Next time I know to check that.

No, my players will not get stats that high. I do have them set to a max of 275 each to lean toward a melee style fighting for anyone who would like to do that. I believe the default was 225. Not much of an increase, but enough to make fighting interesting. However, if I find out that the players are becoming gods, then things will need to change.

Sorry for the confusion.

I didn't make myself clear.
As a staff member I increased my stats and that fixed the problem. Next time I know to check that.

No, my players will not get stats that high. I do have them set to a max of 275 each to lean toward a melee style fighting for anyone who would like to do that. I believe the default was 225. Not much of an increase, but enough to make fighting interesting. However, if I find out that the players are becoming gods, then things will need to change.

Sorry for the confusion.

This issue came up in my original AP Gate, but I thought it was set to 10 in each STAT by default in later releases. Of course there are probably a hundred variations on my script out there. Glad you figured it out. I remember the first time I fully tested this script, I used a player character, and naturally it teleported me somewhere, stripped all my stats, and I was stuck in the middle of nowhere unable to move, lol.

This issue came up in my original AP Gate, but I thought it was set to 10 in each STAT by default in later releases. Of course there are probably a hundred variations on my script out there. Glad you figured it out. I remember the first time I fully tested this script, I used a player character, and naturally it teleported me somewhere, stripped all my stats, and I was stuck in the middle of nowhere unable to move, lol.

Oh god, that would suck. Plus I think I would have came up with some new interesting words to say at the computer after this happened.

On a side note, and I think this question does not warrant a separate thread, how do I make my game window go full screen?

Oh god, that would suck. Plus I think I would have came up with some new interesting words to say at the computer after this happened.

On a side note, and I think this question does not warrant a separate thread, how do I make my game window go full screen?

Alt + enter

Back