Frosttiger submitted a new resource:

Thief Guild Expansion - Extending stealing.

I know these might not be a huge system but I figured it adds spice to stealing items from players on t2a or newer shards.

What these does is mark the item Stolen you cannot sell stolen items to vendors. also I used Gametac Sercuity K9 in these thanks to his smart wisdom making a K9.
Also the Thiefs Guild Stone is what makes items not marked stolen. double click the stone and click on the item marked stolen and will no longer be marked.

Only change I made to his K9 is name and it will look for the Stolen Item tag also will not delete the stolen item.

So these just Version 0.1 I will be expanding on these to make it better.

Item.cs will need...

Read more about this resource...

I should also note any suggestions or improvements you like to see please post always open to ideas. also these idea came from elder scrolls online.

For the purpose of merging (my thief file is no where near distro and winmerge/meld wont cut it) can you please post the changes in the stealing script?

for anyone who doesn't have access to the core files, or doesn't like changing them, you could also use a xml attachment added to an item when it's stolen and add the Stolen property to it.
I haven't tinkered around with using xml attachments this way yet [ I have a project in mind to test it with ] but it shouldn't be too difficult

still will need item.cs edited for the vendors and all that to work.

just go into your stealing.cs add look for these code

Code:
                            ItemFlags.SetTaken(stolen, true);
                            ItemFlags.SetStealable(stolen, false);
                            stolen.Movable = true;

add these code under the stolen.Movable - true;

stolen.StolenBy = true;

also editing the core just like editing the baseweapon/basearmor/base what ever all same thing all derived from items.cs
it cant hurt nothing doing it I never will understand why people say not to. its called learning. also code in core same code that's in scripts..

Last edited:
Not that I'm any better, I modded my server core down to it's roots, I can't drag and drop anything, it's manually merged, tested and verified. Why I nit pick what I do. lol. It's tiring but fun all the same. The only reason it stinks modding the core is if you are the person that does server upgrades by dragging and dopping =p

Dragging and dropping on a custom core build WILL break something, and its usually terrible, which is why no support is offered for modded cores. So it boils down to, are you a coder or a dropper? or a coder that still likes dropping LOL
[doublepost=1477024107][/doublepost]On the note of the XML attachment, couldn't the vendorbuy script just be modded to look for the stolen attachment on an item and refuse it based on that? So when an item is stolen, an XML attachment is tagged to it, then the Vendor will checking players back for items, it will ignore items with the XML tag of stolen. I agree that should not be too hard. Then we can make a 'fencing' vendor that fences stolen wares for either good prices or bad prices based on the xml attachment. just a though, i'm sure this code be done without the xml but just going on that thought for now =p
[doublepost=1477028478][/doublepost]So two Issues. First issue is the ThiefGuildStone
Need to change this line
Code:
if ((from is PlayerMobile && ((PlayerMobile)from).NpcGuild == NpcGuild.ThievesGuild))

to

Code:
if ((from is PlayerMobile && ((PlayerMobile)from).NpcGuild != NpcGuild.ThievesGuild))

Other wise if you belong to the thieves guild it rejects you, so with the fixed code if you belong to the thieves guild it works, if you do not you get the message.

Second problem, serialization .
If you steal an item, the server saves and restart, the item is still there but the tag is gone. I'm still looking into this part.
[doublepost=1477029345][/doublepost]More Errors:
Regarding the K9 Units.
The AI Needs to be added to BaseAI other wise it will not be found.
In ' SecurityK9 ' script there is a typo on the AI type, should be.
Code:
base(AIType.AI_SecurityK9AI, FightMode.Aggressor, 10, 1, 0.2, 0.4)

Last edited:
Back