Hello, I posted this thread the other day : https://www.servuo.com/threads/disconnected.11803/ and shortly after that problem the server reported "This Server Has No Accounts" so I gave up.

I had simultaneously setup a UO Odyssey server for my sons and I. Today I ran it and it gave the same error:
This Server has No Accounts. Do you want to create an owner account now?

Could anyone offer some advice why this has happened a couple of times now ? We haven't tinkered with anything and really only play very lightly. Oddly, I think Odyssey doesn't even use ServUO (RunUO.exe) but has this same problem now. Please if anyone has a suggestion?

For Odyssey I am still trying to figure out how to restore its backup, but not successful yet. thanks

What folder do you have the server in? Do you have something running like dropbox that is setup to run on that folder?

It did save, yes. Good idea, really. Thank you Lagatha

Hi PyrO, It is simply sitting in a Game folder on an SSD in our HTPC server. Nothing runs on that drive aside from games. It's odd, the backups are there, but both servers report "No game accounts" etc...

I will attach the screenshot in case it helps identify what I am doing wrong

For a bit more context, both servers ran for a few days without issues. The physical server was restarted and subsequently both UO servers were restarted. They permitted login of our 3 accounts along with access and usage of the Admin accounts. All was fine for a short spell. Then this occurred. First, with the ServUO server. A week later with the Odyssey server.

Attachments

• servuo-and-Odyssey.jpg
    servuo-and-Odyssey.jpg
    398.2 KB · Views: 41
Hello,
An update: I have no idea what caused this issue. I noticed another user reporting something similar in a different subforum. However, I reinstalled ServUO on a mechanical drive and it's been running there for over two weeks without issue. Thought I would mention an alternate drive as a potential work-around in the event this manifests for anyone else. Ty

After my previous post we still had problems with wiping Accounts / Saves. My sons and I have started playing ServUO again (and Ultima-Adventures / RunUO). I installed fresh copies (the latest from GitHub) in new locations (trying a variety of drives on the Win10 server). All of this still occurs. For some reason each night it wipes out the Saves. I've added folders to the Defender exception list but that didn't work. I can restore from backup with no issue. Never have nailed down the cause of the erasures. Server is used frequently for many things and does not exhibit this behavior for anything else (Plex Server, file server etc.) I've seen a couple of other posts from 2019 with similar problems. If anyone ever figures this out and happens upon a solution (and this thread) please PM me? Thanks much

My did the same thing, and I did the world save and everything, I was testing some new pets and I went to turn it back on and it basically wiped the save file

Back