I'm getting ready to play uo adventures with my 8-year-old using RunUO. I'd like to decrease the amount if blood. I kill a tiny rat and there's 4 huge puddles and smears of gore. Is this something I can alter?

I'm getting ready to play uo adventures with my 8-year-old using RunUO. I'd like to decrease the amount if blood. I kill a tiny rat and there's 4 huge puddles and smears of gore. Is this something I can alter?
I am pretty sure razor has a option to lower the amount that is shown. Though maybe UO isn't the best option currently cause there is quite a hefty amount of blood regardless if you are killing something or if it's pure decoration. You could also edit the blood images with uofiddler and replace it with a blue hue or just leave it transparent.

I am pretty sure razor has a option to lower the amount that is shown. Though maybe UO isn't the best option currently cause there is quite a hefty amount of blood regardless if you are killing something or if it's pure decoration. You could also edit the blood images with uofiddler and replace it with a blue hue or just leave it transparent.
Thanks for the reply. I'm less concerned with decoration since he will only be allowed to play when I can play with him and I can make sure we don't visit particularly gruesome locations. I'll give razor a shot. Thanks again.

As long as you're not playing the enhanced client, you can edit UO.cfg in the client folder.

Add the CensorBlood and CensoredBloodColor keys just above the divider line as shown:

Code:
CurrentChatChannel=Help
CensorBlood=On
CensoredBloodColor=#000000
;------------------------------
Sound=on
Music=off
Footsteps=off

Now blood will still be there but it's black.

Unfortunately, that didn't seem to do anything. Perhaps because I'm using the classicuo 3rd party client for with ultima odessey/adventures.

Ah! That is a old UO client file that @Falkor is pointing out.

If you are brave @jdr1984 then find the BaseWeapon.cs file and look for this section.

C#:
        public virtual void AddBlood( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender, int damage )
        {
            if ( damage > 0 && ( (defender is BaseCreature && !((BaseCreature)defender).BleedImmune) || !(defender is BaseCreature) ) )
            {
                new Blood().MoveToWorld( defender.Location, defender.Map );

int extraBlood = (Core.SE ? Utility.RandomMinMax( 3, 4 ) : Utility.RandomMinMax( 0, 1 ) );

for( int i = 0; i < extraBlood; i++ )
                {
                    new Blood().MoveToWorld( new Point3D(
                        defender.X + Utility.RandomMinMax( -1, 1 ),
                        defender.Y + Utility.RandomMinMax( -1, 1 ),
                        defender.Z ), defender.Map );
                }
            }
        }

Replace it with this.

C#:
        public virtual void AddBlood( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender, int damage )
        {
            /*
            if ( damage > 0 && ( (defender is BaseCreature && !((BaseCreature)defender).BleedImmune) || !(defender is BaseCreature) ) )
            {
                new Blood().MoveToWorld( defender.Location, defender.Map );

int extraBlood = (Core.SE ? Utility.RandomMinMax( 3, 4 ) : Utility.RandomMinMax( 0, 1 ) );

for( int i = 0; i < extraBlood; i++ )
                {
                    new Blood().MoveToWorld( new Point3D(
                        defender.X + Utility.RandomMinMax( -1, 1 ),
                        defender.Y + Utility.RandomMinMax( -1, 1 ),
                        defender.Z ), defender.Map );
                }
            }
            */
        }

Back