Hi guys,

I've encountered this problem using custom transparent water tiles.
upload_2018-10-16_19-57-58.png

The tiles differ in some areas, as you can see, but not always. I mean, if I relog standing there, they suddenly show correctly:

upload_2018-10-16_19-59-20.png

------

But when I begin to move around, the tiles go crazy again, just like in the first image.

It seems to be affecting default transparent UO blood tiles also.
I remember not having this issue with older clients. Right now I'm using 7.0.60.47.

Do you know what may be causing it?

Thanks.

You might have tiles stacked on top of each other. the transparency of each could be rendering weird.

Sorry for not responding earlier, I was away for a while.
I checked and there were no tiles stacked, unfortunately.

Running out of ideas.
Do you think it might be a client issue?

It looks to me that you have transparent water statics over water tiles. I am not sure the system you are trying to use, but my transparent water tiles are ITEMS and not LAND TILES. This is because you need to build the LAND TILES lower under the transparent ITEMS (like sand for example) and then you can place items on the LAND TILES like rocks, grass, and shipwreck stuff (for example). With the transparent water tile ITEMS on top of all of that, you will get the look you seek.

As I said, I don't have any statics over water files.
Here's a look from CentrED:
(I lifted some transparent water tiles so you can see nothing is placed below them other than the sand itself)

upload_2018-12-31_14-55-18.png

--

And this is what happens in game:

upload_2018-12-31_14-56-23.png

Those water segments act weird when I move around. If I go to another location and come back, the transparent water will still be divided... just differently.

upload_2018-12-31_14-58-3.png

I do not know how the ServUo sectors are set up, but as I see it, those strange areas form 8x8 fields. This is 64 fields in one sector. This is not a client but a setting in ServUo. Those dark areas are also transparent, as shown in the picture. The Sphereserver is working properly, but I do not know ServUo. But I think the map sectors will be the same.

It's just a confession, I'm not sure. In addition, I can not control ServUo. There will be a need for smarter people from here in the community.

I have the exact same issue.
Water is build in centred. On logon everything is displayed fine. As soon as I start to move around I can see sectors, where these tiles are duplicated.

This is not only with water, but with static animations too. I suspect the same behaviour on nontransparent tiles, too, but there it is just never visible.

Does not occur with an older client, using muls
Does happen with a newer 7.x client, using uop.

I don't think it's a problem with the .uop format, but with the client as such. For some reason, newer versions of the client display statics twice and three times. I haven't found a way to remove it yet. Also i don't know at all how to use the new tiledata flag. I feel like it's related. But I don't know yet, I'm groping and looking.

Back