zerodowned

zerodowned submitted a new resource:

Treasure Map Decoder - treasure map decoder deed or tool

After discovering that XmlAttachments had a AddProperties method, I thought of this script as a way to use it.

This is a deed or tool to decode treasure maps without requiring skill or chance.

It checks if the TMap has already been opened by yourself or someone else, as well as if it's completed and of course the usual backpack check.

What it does
-Double click the item and target a treasure map
-If the decode is successful, it will tell you that map and coordinates of the treasure...

Read more about this resource...

I guess showing the map name of the treasure chest is kind of redundant, but I kind of like it anyway.

If you want to edit or remove it, open the xml attachment file included and comment out the line under AddProperties that has Map or MapName

Nice addition. I would love to do more maps but the decoder is not the miner that can't battle, and so forth. :)

Shazzy

sorry Shazzy, i don't understand what you mean
hehe, most people dont understand me so your NOT alone :p

Maps are a pain in the arse. At least for me. I have a cartographer, but she can't mine(hard to get the location) and has limited battle skills. IE- I never properly set up a treasure hunter, and thanks to you I will not have to and can stay a slacker in my old age!
Weeeeeeee ;)

hehe, most people dont understand me so your NOT alone :p

Maps are a pain in the arse. At least for me. I have a cartographer, but she can't mine(hard to get the location) and has limited battle skills. IE- I never properly set up a treasure hunter, and thanks to you I will not have to and can stay a slacker in my old age!
Weeeeeeee ;)
tmap hunting use to be fun, but i can understand why the chest locations were changed to random.
however, i HATE finding the tmap location now. :mad:

so i figured this was a nice solution, probably to be used as a rare item, donation item, etc

also, had an idea to maybe set it so decoding certain levels of maps would use different Use charges.
or maybe a decoder that could only open it's assigned level of tmaps

tmap hunting use to be fun, but i can understand why the chest locations were changed to random.
however, i HATE finding the tmap location now. :mad:

so i figured this was a nice solution, probably to be used as a rare item, donation item, etc

also, had an idea to maybe set it so decoding certain levels of maps would use different Use charges.
or maybe a decoder that could only open it's assigned level of tmaps
OH now that would be pretty cool!

You have to comment out the:
//list.Add("Map: {0}",((TreasureMap)AttachedTo).ChestMap);
For this to work now :(
I like showing the map name also.

Had the same issue, also after using this on a single map after restarting the server getting a StackOverflowException on world load, if I revert back to a previous save it fixes the issue.

Back