ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
The Second Age
Hello!

I am getting .NET 4.8 reference errors on `dotnet build` when building the shard's branch.

I tried to install it. I tried : apt, apt-get, then snap, wine, winetricks, tequila shots, .. always getting many install errors, even using `--force`.

I also tried to retarget using VS Comm. 2022, but 4.8 is the highest I can see.

Weird, if I built from the master branch I originally forked, it goes through.

Any hint/link on how to fix will be appreciated (I use to run and dev on Linux for a while, but never needed the 4.8 framework)

See below for a detailed setup.

Thanks and have a great automn everyone!

-K-

System

Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, desktop console (can't run graphics, too heavy) dotnet 6 and 7 are installed (5 couldn't be found)

My initial ServUO setup

- I created a fork from pub 57 on my git
- I created a branch for our shard (ours)
- I made all mods on the `ours` branch and used this one.

Linux

- I cloned my git folder
- Checkout in `ours`
- `dotnet build`

I'm getting 2 errors, then.

--

Net Framework is mono, Net 5,6 .... is separate :) dotnet build is for the latter, not for Framework.

Make sure that you have mono installed too

Net Framework is mono, Net 5,6 .... is separate :) dotnet build is for the latter, not for Framework.

Make sure that you have mono installed too

Hi!!

Thanks for replying.

Mono is now installed 'complete', version 6.8.0.105 (I thought I did it, but only runtime was installed)

Still, I got the same.

I'm maybe not using the good way to compile the sources? I followed the instructions on the README.md!

-K-

error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.8 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at .NET SDKs downloads for Visual Studio [/home/yan/GamingSVR/ServUO/ServUO/Server/Server.csproj]

I also get it for Ultima.csproj.

I also get this warning:

warning NU1503: Skipping restore for project '/home/yan/GamingSVR/ServUO/ServUO/Scripts/Scripts.csproj'. The project file may be invalid or missing targets required for restore. [/home/yan/GamingSVR/ServUO/ServUO/ServUO.sln]

Back