Hail everyone!

I have been the lead of a project called Ultima Shards and recently UO Desolation for quite some time.
I've been in the RunUO/ServUO community for a little over 10+ years now creating servers for people to have fun playing on.

So far the team consist of myself and Shadow Lurker (both of us developers).

We're currently looking to add some talented individuals to the team to fill the following with a description of what the role entails.

Map Editor / World Builder
We're seeking to further expand on the UO Felucca map and just enhance it greatly. We want to stay true to the design of it for the most part, but update some of the tile art, fix many of the tiles that are a little out of place, as well as the transitions between different tile sets. Another large focus is redoing the coastlines and rivers so that the water near the coast is translucent, while the water in deeper regions away from coast is original. We're looking for someone who has experience with Map Editing software for the coastline / translucent side of things as well as Centred+.

GameMaster
We're seeking a GameMaster to provide day to day fun and service to the shard. You will be one of the main points of contact from players and will focus on the creation of events, creating and tracking item rewards that will be rotated out through various in game progression systems. You'd have the ability to create and schedule Invasions with an in game Invasion UI, Auto PvP battles, Scavenger Hunts, create items in game that can be thrown onto Reward vendors in real time, create custom event monsters and set up regions for special custom PvP events.

(Bonus to anyone who has experience and likes to build custom Multis that we can pull into the server files)

** If you'd like any more information about the Servers or to inquire about any of the positions available, please feel free to reach out to me either on ServUO Discord (Punkte), or here on the forums.

For anyone interested and skilled in map editing and has experience with creating translucent water and coasts with underwater deco, we are looking for someone to help us accomplish that. This is a paid position. Feel free to reach out on here or Discord for the details/questions.

Ultima Online is an old game and there are not that many developers. therefore I would suggest you write here the specific parameters of your shard. What version of Uo files do you want to work on, how to manage the server, how to work with quests and actions, and so on. You give very general information. But since there are so few people who work with UO, it would be good to motivate them. He mentioned, for example, multis files. This means one of the biggest problems for developers if it is a newer version of UO. It would also be good to write to people who might be interested in working with you to see if you can teach them something about developing and working with ultima online. You will find more beginners than experienced developers.

Ultima Online is an old game and there are not that many developers. therefore I would suggest you write here the specific parameters of your shard. What version of Uo files do you want to work on, how to manage the server, how to work with quests and actions, and so on. You give very general information. But since there are so few people who work with UO, it would be good to motivate them. He mentioned, for example, multis files. This means one of the biggest problems for developers if it is a newer version of UO. It would also be good to write to people who might be interested in working with you to see if you can teach them something about developing and working with ultima online. You will find more beginners than experienced developers.

I'm not looking to find anyone that will be doing any active developing (code). I am handling all that myself..

As per the shard itself, the basic premise of the Desolation shard that I'm currently and immediately looking for help for is an AOS era shard that uses seasonality similar to Diablo 3.

AOS has typically always been an unbalanced and unstable era (economically). Once you get your items your looking for, there's generally not much else to do other than fight and accumulate gold, which are great. But that's why we have the seasonality in place for Desolation. You have a profile that you earn rewards each season, and at the end of each season there is a leaderboards reward, and then items and skills reset. Your gold credit can be applied to a larger house (housing is expensive) and will take multiple seasons to reach a Castle size. Your housing remains.

I am trying to get away from seasonal resets as much as I can but that requires adding a bunch of custom stuff to the shard itself in order to increase engagement and longevity which I am actively working on.

The GM I am looking for would be tasked with maintaining and creating multiple in game events (in which we have systems in place to make this easier) from invasions, to scavenger hunts, to vendors with reward items for special currency, etc. All configurable in game. As well as just overall being one of the main people to interact with from a player perspective.

The Worldbuilder / Map Editor would be tasked with some improvements to the Felucca map we all know, including adding transparent water / coastline modifications, deco statics under the transparent water, as well as overall aesthetic improvements to the world including modifying transition tiles, updating deco in dungeons and POIs, and building out some special event areas/dungeons for the custom content we are building as well as new custom Multis for people to use as housing.

I can also handle any types of pixel modifications required for custom deco / textures / etc.

As far as the multis go, we are using custom files that are distributed through a launcher, so its not really an issue, It can just be built using UOA and exported if need be.

We do also have a UOR and ML shard that we run as well, and we're going to be looking to revitalize the UOR shard directly after this next season of Desolation comes out.

-----

I hope that answers any remaining questions. There's a ton of content already in place on the server(s). Way more than I can really fit into this.

This video of our initial launch trailer would give you some extra ideas. However, some of the stuff like FULL Loot - No Insurance has been reverted back to Full Insurance.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers!

Back