1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UltimaLive Map Streamer and Editor [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Core Modifications' started by Praxiiz, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

Praxiiz submitted a new resource:

UltimaLive 0.91 - Allows the use of more than 6 map files. Also adds support for live streaming and editing of maps.

Read more about this resource...

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 6
  2. jase giffin

jase giffin Active Member

FANTASTIC!!!!!

3. Omni

Omni Member

Installed this system and upon moving withing the game the server crashed..

Am going to go over the scripts and make sure ive made all the proper changes correctly but can you please advise on this crash...

Code (C#):
    1. System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    2.    at Server.TileList.Add(UInt16 id, SByte z, Int16 hue) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileList.cs:line 65
    3.    at Server.TileMatrix.ReadStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 463
    4.    at Server.TileMatrix.GetStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 256
    5.    at UltimaLive.BlockUtility.GetRawStaticsData(Point2D blockCoordinates, Int32 mapNumber)
    6.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.GetBlockCrc(Point2D blockCoords, Int32 mapID, Byte[]& landDataOut, Byte[]& staticsDataOut)
    7.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.PushBlockUpdates(Int32 block, Int32 mapID, UInt16[] recievedCRCs, Mobile from)
    8.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.HandleBlockQueryReply(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
    9.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.ReceiveUltimaLiveCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
    10.    at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 303
    11.    at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
    12.    at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Main.cs:line 624

4. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

If you have your task manager open when this happens, you can see how much memory the server process is using at the time of the crash. How much RAM does your server computer have? Is it running 32 bit windows or 64 bit windows?

5. Omni

Omni Member

Am not running any kind of server just using my old laptop until i fully develop a shard.

4GB Ram 64bit OS
    i5 2.53GHZ

6. Omni

Omni Member

ok i figured out it was crashing due to not adding your Igrping_0_91.dll correctly..

Ive fixed this but now when i seem to log in i can move about 2 steps then the client freezes completly and kinda freezes my laptop and i have to turn it off in order to do anything again.

It does seems ive done everything according to your PDF guide the only thing i can think of is it doesn't support my client version 7.0.3.0

7. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

If you use the Igrping_0_91_debug.dll in stead of the normal one, it will open a console window when your client starts and will give you tons of info. Do that and see what the last lines of the console say.

8. Omni

Omni Member

photo.JPG

Again due to whole computer freezing ive had to take a photo on my iphone and send it over this way..

Ive never had a UO system make my machine react this badly badly before. Im unshure why this is happening as this laptop is just a mule ive rebooted it to factory settings aswel incase something else was casuing it but it still continues to happen with this system installed inside the servuo client. I have another version of servuo without Ultima Live that works perfectly fine..

9. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

Are you running windows 7 or windows 8? I haven't done any testing on windows 8, yet, but I develop on a Windows 7 machine.

10. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

It's odd that it locks up your entire machine. If you have the task manager open while you're doing this, do you get a bunch of memory usage from either the server or client? Can you test this with the server running on a different machine?

11. Omni

Omni Member

Laptop running windows 7 64bit

Can run the server fine but as soon as i login to the client thats where the problems seem to come from.. So i am guessing its something to do with Igrping_0_91_debug.dll but this is only a theroy of mine..

When i run the client i get

76% CPU Usage
    90% RAM Usage

Ill try running it on my custom PC later

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ 8 Core
    32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM

The only problem that this no creates is i do all my scripting on my laptop as i can take it to work with me etc..
    So i would have to create 2 servers and merge them to use the Ultima Live feature and obviously might effect any server i later purchase

12. m309

Admin Moderator ServUO Developer

Omni, you can also just use Dropbox or a similar cloud based "file sharing" system to have server/script access from 2+ machines without having to continuously move files and or merge changes. Its what I do and works great.

13. Omni

Omni Member

Ok finally managed to get this up on my Desktop which is 16gb ram and a 6 core 3.9GHZ cpu

Again I get a crash

Code (C#):
    1. Server Crash Report
    2. ===================
    4. RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5110.35296
    5. Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    6. .NET Framework: 4.0.30319.1008
    7. Time: 1/4/2014 3:48:35 PM
    8. Mobiles: 1
    9. Items: 33
    10. Exception:
    11. System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
    12.    at Server.TileList.Add(UInt16 id, SByte z, Int16 hue) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileList.cs:line 65
    13.    at Server.TileMatrix.ReadStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 463
    14.    at Server.TileMatrix.GetStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 256
    15.    at UltimaLive.BlockUtility.GetRawStaticsData(Point2D blockCoordinates, Int32 mapNumber)
    16.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.GetBlockCrc(Point2D blockCoords, Int32 mapID, Byte[]& landDataOut, Byte[]& staticsDataOut)
    17.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.PushBlockUpdates(Int32 block, Int32 mapID, UInt16[] recievedCRCs, Mobile from)
    18.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.HandleBlockQueryReply(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
    19.    at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.ReceiveUltimaLiveCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
    20.    at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 303
    21.    at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
    22.    at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Main.cs:line 624
    24. Clients:
    25. - Count: 1
    26. + 127.0.0.1: (account = 123) (mobile = 0x1 'Omni')

14. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

To help debug this, we need to narrow down which application is taking up all the memory. If you have your task manager open, click on the processes tab and you'll see a list of running processes. You want to watch client.exe and runuo.exe, and look at the memory column to see how much each process is using when it crashes.

15. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

I have a new version nearly ready for release. I am working a few bugs out before I post it.

This next release will eliminate the black flashing between map updates and improve network performance. I added a youtube video to the resource description which shows it in action.

• Two Thumbs Up Two Thumbs Up x 1
  16. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

For those that use Linux regularly, this is a screenshot of Ubuntu 12.04 running Wine 1.7.9 and using UltimaLive with a client:

UltimaLiveLinux.png

I'm currently setting up Valgrind + Wine to check the client out for memory leaks. The next step will be to run the same tests using UltimaLive and see if the in memory alterations cause any leaks.

17. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

18. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

Praxiiz updated UltimaLive Map Streamer and Editor with a new update entry:

UltimaLive v.0.96

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. Insanity

Insanity Active Member

Like the last two updates, this client addon has some major potential. As for removing the manual. You can host the document via google docs. Then display it on here using the [gview]url[/gview] tags. It supports many different document types, such as pdf, ppt, doc, xls, ect.

20. Praxiiz

Praxiiz Active Member

That is an excellent suggestion. I will do just that.