Status
Not open for further replies.
Praxiiz submitted a new resource:

UltimaLive 0.91 - Allows the use of more than 6 map files. Also adds support for live streaming and editing of maps.

UltimaLive v.0.91
There are significant updates in this release. It is not backwards compatible with 0.75. There is an additional modification to PlayerMobile.cs (see below).

Change Log
v.0.91

Added support to Copy existing mul files if they're the correct dimensions instead of creating new ones (both pre-UOP and UOP)
Refactored to remove some duplicate code from subclassed file managers into basefilemanager...

Read more about this resource...

Installed this system and upon moving withing the game the server crashed..

Am going to go over the scripts and make sure ive made all the proper changes correctly but can you please advise on this crash...

Code:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at Server.TileList.Add(UInt16 id, SByte z, Int16 hue) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileList.cs:line 65
   at Server.TileMatrix.ReadStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 463
   at Server.TileMatrix.GetStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 256
   at UltimaLive.BlockUtility.GetRawStaticsData(Point2D blockCoordinates, Int32 mapNumber)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.GetBlockCrc(Point2D blockCoords, Int32 mapID, Byte[]& landDataOut, Byte[]& staticsDataOut)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.PushBlockUpdates(Int32 block, Int32 mapID, UInt16[] recievedCRCs, Mobile from)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.HandleBlockQueryReply(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.ReceiveUltimaLiveCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 303
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Main.cs:line 624

If you have your task manager open when this happens, you can see how much memory the server process is using at the time of the crash. How much RAM does your server computer have? Is it running 32 bit windows or 64 bit windows?

Am not running any kind of server just using my old laptop until i fully develop a shard.

4GB Ram 64bit OS
i5 2.53GHZ

ok i figured out it was crashing due to not adding your Igrping_0_91.dll correctly..

Ive fixed this but now when i seem to log in i can move about 2 steps then the client freezes completly and kinda freezes my laptop and i have to turn it off in order to do anything again.

It does seems ive done everything according to your PDF guide the only thing i can think of is it doesn't support my client version 7.0.3.0

If you use the Igrping_0_91_debug.dll in stead of the normal one, it will open a console window when your client starts and will give you tons of info. Do that and see what the last lines of the console say.

photo.JPG

Again due to whole computer freezing ive had to take a photo on my iphone and send it over this way..

Ive never had a UO system make my machine react this badly badly before. Im unshure why this is happening as this laptop is just a mule ive rebooted it to factory settings aswel incase something else was casuing it but it still continues to happen with this system installed inside the servuo client. I have another version of servuo without Ultima Live that works perfectly fine..

Are you running windows 7 or windows 8? I haven't done any testing on windows 8, yet, but I develop on a Windows 7 machine.

It's odd that it locks up your entire machine. If you have the task manager open while you're doing this, do you get a bunch of memory usage from either the server or client? Can you test this with the server running on a different machine?

Laptop running windows 7 64bit

Can run the server fine but as soon as i login to the client thats where the problems seem to come from.. So i am guessing its something to do with Igrping_0_91_debug.dll but this is only a theroy of mine..

When i run the client i get

76% CPU Usage
90% RAM Usage

Ill try running it on my custom PC later

AMD FX 8350 4.0GHZ 8 Core
32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz RAM

The only problem that this no creates is i do all my scripting on my laptop as i can take it to work with me etc..
So i would have to create 2 servers and merge them to use the Ultima Live feature and obviously might effect any server i later purchase

Omni, you can also just use Dropbox or a similar cloud based "file sharing" system to have server/script access from 2+ machines without having to continuously move files and or merge changes. Its what I do and works great.

Ok finally managed to get this up on my Desktop which is 16gb ram and a 6 core 3.9GHZ cpu

Again I get a crash

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 0.5, Build 5110.35296
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.1008
Time: 1/4/2014 3:48:35 PM
Mobiles: 1
Items: 33
Exception:
System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
   at Server.TileList.Add(UInt16 id, SByte z, Int16 hue) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileList.cs:line 65
   at Server.TileMatrix.ReadStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 463
   at Server.TileMatrix.GetStaticBlock(Int32 x, Int32 y) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\TileMatrix.cs:line 256
   at UltimaLive.BlockUtility.GetRawStaticsData(Point2D blockCoordinates, Int32 mapNumber)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.GetBlockCrc(Point2D blockCoords, Int32 mapID, Byte[]& landDataOut, Byte[]& staticsDataOut)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.PushBlockUpdates(Int32 block, Int32 mapID, UInt16[] recievedCRCs, Mobile from)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.HandleBlockQueryReply(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at UltimaLive.UltimaLivePacketHandlers.ReceiveUltimaLiveCommand(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 303
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice() in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Network\MessagePump.cs:line 121
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\Users\Mine\Downloads\UO Decoded\Server\Main.cs:line 624

Clients:
- Count: 1
+ 127.0.0.1: (account = 123) (mobile = 0x1 'Omni')

To help debug this, we need to narrow down which application is taking up all the memory. If you have your task manager open, click on the processes tab and you'll see a list of running processes. You want to watch client.exe and runuo.exe, and look at the memory column to see how much each process is using when it crashes.

I have a new version nearly ready for release. I am working a few bugs out before I post it.

This next release will eliminate the black flashing between map updates and improve network performance. I added a youtube video to the resource description which shows it in action.

For those that use Linux regularly, this is a screenshot of Ubuntu 12.04 running Wine 1.7.9 and using UltimaLive with a client:

UltimaLiveLinux.png

I'm currently setting up Valgrind + Wine to check the client out for memory leaks. The next step will be to run the same tests using UltimaLive and see if the in memory alterations cause any leaks.

Praxiiz updated UltimaLive Map Streamer and Editor with a new update entry:

UltimaLive v.0.96

Fixed terrain refresh bug that caused black tiles to appear in some stock maps and in custom maps.
Removed some client function signatures that were no longer being used
Added Client Export fix patch submitted by fwiffo that properly handles exported maps when virtual maps are used
Fixed bug in serverside files that would reset the hues of statics in the same x,y to 0 when a static was deleted
Fixed a minor bug that prevented MapRegistry.cs from compiling on .NET < 3.0

Took out the manual...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Like the last two updates, this client addon has some major potential. As for removing the manual. You can host the document via google docs. Then display it on here using the [gview]url[/gview] tags. It supports many different document types, such as pdf, ppt, doc, xls, ect.

You can visit this page to learn about all the over bbcodes and how to use them also. Plus I've been improving the Archive. You can now add an FAQ to your resources. If you do so, it will be added as a tab between overview and updates.

I'm getting these errors with the MapAndStaticsVerifier , with this folder removed I still have black areas around the edges but no blinking.
[Windows 8.1 ServUO -Version 0.5, Build 5120.19753 Publish 54]

Code:
Errors:
+ CUSTOMS/UltimaLive_0_96/MapAndStaticsVerifier/MapAndStaticsVerifier/App.xaml.cs:
    CS0246: Line 13: The type or namespace name 'Application' could not be found (are you missing a
using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ CUSTOMS/UltimaLive_0_96/MapAndStaticsVerifier/MapAndStaticsVerifier/MainWindow.xaml.cs:
    CS0234: Line 23: The type or namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace 'System.W
indows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 24: The type or namespace name 'Data' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Windo
ws' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 25: The type or namespace name 'Documents' does not exist in the namespace 'System.
Windows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 27: The type or namespace name 'Media' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Wind
ows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 28: The type or namespace name 'Media' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Wind
ows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 29: The type or namespace name 'Navigation' does not exist in the namespace 'System
.Windows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0234: Line 30: The type or namespace name 'Shapes' does not exist in the namespace 'System.Win
dows' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 39: The type or namespace name 'Window' could not be found (are you missing a using
directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 51: The type or namespace name 'RoutedEventArgs' could not be found (are you missin
g a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 244: The type or namespace name 'RoutedEventArgs' could not be found (are you missi
ng a using directive or an assembly reference?)
+ CUSTOMS/UltimaLive_0_96/MapAndStaticsVerifier/MapAndStaticsVerifier/Properties/AssemblyInfo.cs:
    CS0246: Line 34: The type or namespace name 'ThemeInfo' could not be found (are you missing a us
ing directive or an assembly reference?)
    CS0246: Line 34: The type or namespace name 'ThemeInfoAttribute' could not be found (are you mis
sing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

The MapAndStatics verifier is a separate program and should not be put in your ServUO scripts folder. The only thing that should go in your scripts folder is the folder called ServerSideScripts.

Can you post a screenshot of the black areas you see around the edges?

The MapAndStatics verifier is a separate program and should not be put in your ServUO scripts folder. The only thing that should go in your scripts folder is the folder called ServerSideScripts.

Can you post a screenshot of the black areas you see around the edges?

I went back to the previous one...let me put it back in and I'll get ya a screenshot.

I'm using client 7.0.34.6
Does it work with the 7.0.32.4 client?

I'm using client 7.0.34.6, so I'm guessing yes.

Praxiiz:
I'm also getting these (my server isn't live ATM)
from: http://ip-address-lookup-v4.com/loo...ss-lookup-v4.com&ip=197.242.125.117&x=50&y=11

Code:
15:43:17 Client: 197.242.125.117: Connected. [1 Online]
15:43:17 Client: 197.242.125.117: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
15:43:17 Client: 197.242.125.117: Disconnected. [0 Online]
15:43:18 Client: 197.242.125.117: Connected. [1 Online]
15:43:18 Client: 197.242.125.117: Encrypted client detected, disconnecting
15:43:18 Client: 197.242.125.117: Disconnected. [0 Online]

Redmoon_1-23_10.42.jpg

You have your game screen set larger than default. You'd have to modify the server side part to send a larger radius of tiles. Not sure what @Praxiiz has it set to, or how hard it would be to modify to send a larger radius of tiles.

Zippy from RunUO said:
The little black boxes are a result of using Razor to change the screen resolution. Razor still uses the UO client for drawing, and the UO client does not have good support high resolutions... What we have in razor now is probably the best it is going to get. There is only so much you can do to a 10 year old game. If you use a lower ressolution, the block boxes will happen less... but anything over 800x600 will probably have them at sometimes.

Of course zippy was talking about some screen artifacts that you get when your screen is set to be really large, but the rest of what he is saying applies here.

If you notice in your screenshot, your minimap doesn't have any black areas. If the problem was caused by the client not having enough map information, you would see black areas on the minimap. If you increase your screen size to something really huge, and disable UltimaLive, you will notice those black areas appearing in all four corners. That is a result of the client not truly supporting anything larger than 800x600.

The client renders 18 tiles in each direction from where you are standing. It's one big 36x36 square rotated 90 degrees, which is why is happens on the corners. It's not something UltimaLive can fix.

Of course zippy was talking about some screen artifacts that you get when your screen is set to be really large, but the rest of what he is saying applies here.

If you notice in your screenshot, your minimap doesn't have any black areas. If the problem was caused by the client not having enough map information, you would see black areas on the minimap. If you increase your screen size to something really huge, and disable UltimaLive, you will notice those black areas appearing in all four corners. That is a result of the client not truly supporting anything larger than 800x600.

The client renders 18 tiles in each direction from where you are standing. It's one big 36x36 square rotated 90 degrees, which is why is happens on the corners. It's not something UltimaLive can fix.

Yep, I completely forgot about the widescreen thing. How about the other thing with the ips trying to connect even though my server isn't live, and have a unique port?

Edit- this issue only happens with the Ultima Live .96, not the .91

Last edited:
Probably a shard poller bot. Did you list your shard info somewhere? Are you listed on uoisnotdead?

BALLS! Yeah :(..I did about a year ago on JoinUO. :mad: I guess I need to change it again and test it.

@Insanity
Thank you!!! I just changed the port number and no more hits!!
*side five and knuckle bomb*

Last edited:
Is there a way to check whether client is UltimaLive ready? If not, would it possible to implement this. System like this can make uo world so much more dynamic.

Is there a way to check whether client is UltimaLive ready? If not, would it possible to implement this. System like this can make uo world so much more dynamic.

I'm using it on 7.0.34.15 right now without any issue and have tested several others from 7.0.30.0 with no problems from the download here. I did start with the copy on runuo and had problems with black blocks, but switched to this one and am 100% perfect now. The maps from Darkshard loaded with no problem. Haven't tried any other custom maps yet. This is a great script.

Actually I was referring to client being UltimaLive ready as for client had placed the .dll file in the uo folder. I looked at the source and it is possible to know that server-side,which is what I needed, so definitely going to use the script on my shard.

Thanks Praxiiz for sharing it.

That was what I meant by... "I'm using it on 7.0.34.15 right now without any issue and have tested several others from 7.0.30.0 with no problems from the download here. "

When we actually made the move to our production shard with this system, we realized that anyone using our moongates to go to the new maps would crash and be unable to login if they didn't have the DLL installed. At that point I added the version info, and had the system track it when they log in.

I altered PlayerMobile.cs and changed the MoveToWorld method to look like this:
Code:
    public override void MoveToWorld( Point3D loc, Map map )
     {
       if (map.MapID > 32 && (UltimaLiveMinorVersion < 95 && UltimaLiveMajorVersion < 1))
       {
        this.SendMessage("You must have UltimaLive 0.95 or higher installed in order to travel there.");
        return;
       }

base.MoveToWorld( loc, map );

RecheckTownProtection();
     }

That way any of our subsystems trying to move a character to a map without UltimaLive would be unable to. This modification does make the assumption that all your maps above 32 are ultima live maps.

That's what I was trying to tell you. I had installed the dll client side and it worked on several clients. Maybe I misunderstood you. Either way, hope you have as much fun with this as I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back