Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its good to know that my client version is not the issue.
However my client still crashes at the same point "entering Britainna"

Anyone have any sugestions... here is the crash data

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: client.exe
Application Version: 7.0.34.23
Application Timestamp: 532b01e1
Fault Module Name: client.exe
Fault Module Version: 7.0.34.23
Fault Module Timestamp: 532b01e1
Exception Offset: 001ea69a
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 00000000
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: dc03
Additional Information 2: dc03da99bf26ad28ff7e87521b228df3
Additional Information 3: b220
Additional Information 4: b220cbf917084b8607c3696af67ba87d

My ShardIdentifier is 8 characters long.

It was 9 but when getting the count I decided to try it without the SPACE. After removing the space the results are the same.

Apparently it was something with my client.

I tired an older 5.0.6.2 client and that worked so I uninstalled/reinstalled my 7.0.34.23 client and now it is happy.

Thanks for the help

I was wondering if anyone has a Servuo core with ultima live that allows the use of standard maps and DarkShard maps..

I believe ive made a mistake adding this to servuo as im unable to get all the maps to work together. Ive tried redoing my core a few times but i still can't get it to work..

Yes i am aware that some people have this working with no issues thats why im asking for a copy as im unable to make it work myself.
No mater what i try it just doesn't seem to want to work..

I have been using this and really loving it.

I read somewhere that a client using the UltimaLive dll could connect to an non-UltimaLive shard as the UL dll will pass the requests to the original dll. Is this true?

My client is working with my UltimaLive shard but when I connect to a NonUL shard I get the maps but none of the statics. (invisible buildings and trees pose a huge issue for me) If this is supposed to work does anyone have any idea what I need to do?

Thanks for any feedback

-Jeff

Using UL with a non UL shard is not supported. There's a diagram with an explanation on this thread that explains why it doesn't work. The short answer is switch back to the old Igrping.dll before playing on a non-UL Shard.

Ok thanks for the info. I won't worry about it.

For the time being Ill create a .bat file to put to appropriate dll in place...
Longer term I may make a launching app that will install the correct dll and then launch the client.

Jeff

Praxiiz, I remember reading somewhere that UltimaLive only will work with custom maps that mimic the size of tram/fel (7168 x 4096 I assume). Is there any way to overcome this so that a custom map size can be used?

That would be really great. Would be much easier than hexediting the client.

@Blackstorm - If you read post #78 in this thread, Praxiiz explains how to modify UL to accommodate .mul files of custom size. There is currently no method of doing so with .uop format from what I gathered.

Oh, I've probably not read carefully enough. My bad english translated it's not possible because of the uop, but i totally misunderstood the second part at first. Thank you for the hint. It really works with my map (14336x8192).

I had to set it like this, or the client crashed:

static const int MAP_MEMORY_SIZE = 400000000;
static const int STAIDX_MEMORY_SIZE = 50000000;
static const int STATICS_MEMORY_SIZE = 25000000;

But now it works really great and no hexediting the client. Maybe there is some room for optimization.

thanks, not use to having tabs in these forums. I guess they do come in handy for things such as this.

Just saw the two images he posted, I like how it reveals part of the map as you discover it. Like how Elder Scrolls:Oblivion runs their map. Pretty cool.

I am seriously thinking of doing away with all map files in favor of this, I can see its potential.

Last edited by a moderator:
Added the system, but got the following errors----(btw, followed instructions carefully)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ServUO - [http://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 5265.13667
Publish 54
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
OpenUO Error: Client files not found.
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 4 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ Mobiles/Vendors/BaseVendor.cs:
CS0101: Line 24: The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definitio
n for 'VendorShoeType'
CS0101: Line 33: The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definitio
n for 'BaseVendor'
CS0102: Line 114: The type 'Server.Mobiles.BaseVendor' already contains a de
finition for 'BulkOrderInfoEntry'
CS0101: Line 1850: The namespace 'Server.ContextMenus' already contains a de
finition for 'VendorBuyEntry'
CS0101: Line 1867: The namespace 'Server.ContextMenus' already contains a de
finition for 'VendorSellEntry'
CS0101: Line 1887: The namespace 'Server' already contains a definition for
'IShopSellInfo'
CS0101: Line 1908: The namespace 'Server' already contains a definition for
'IBuyItemInfo'
+ Mobiles/PlayerMobile.cs:
CS1002: Line 1738: ; expected
CS1519: Line 1740: Invalid token 'if' in class, struct, or interface member
declaration
CS1519: Line 1740: Invalid token '!=' in class, struct, or interface member
declaration
CS1519: Line 1742: Invalid token '=' in class, struct, or interface member d
eclaration
CS1519: Line 1742: Invalid token '(' in class, struct, or interface member d
eclaration
CS1519: Line 1742: Invalid token ')' in class, struct, or interface member d
eclaration
CS0116: Line 1746: A namespace cannot directly contain members such as field
s or methods
CS1518: Line 1766: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 1779: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1518: Line 1783: Expected class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
CS1022: Line 1784: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
+ Services/Help/HelpGump.cs:
CS0101: Line 10: The namespace 'Server.Engines.Help' already contains a defi
nition for 'ContainedMenu'
CS0101: Line 48: The namespace 'Server.Engines.Help' already contains a defi
nition for 'HelpGump'
+ SpecialSystems/Engines/GiftGiving.cs:
CS0101: Line 7: The namespace 'Server.Misc' already contains a definition fo
r 'GiftResult'
CS0101: Line 13: The namespace 'Server.Misc' already contains a definition f
or 'GiftGiving'
CS0101: Line 55: The namespace 'Server.Misc' already contains a definition f
or 'GiftGiver'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

anyone have any ideas?
Wait for Praxiiz to grace you with his support. Don't double, tripple, combo post in the mean time it makes things look messy.
Next time you post a error log that is in length please post it in quotes or code tags it helps keep your post short and people can still view it all.
Did you try it on a clean copy of servuo like I suggested. Some of those errors you got there don't look like it.

It's hard to figure out what's going on based on those error messages, but the first thing I would check is to make sure you didn't accidentally lose a brace or add an extra brace in player mobile. Make sure you backup any files you change so that you can undo changes and get back to a known state.

There should only be at most 3 edits you have to make to player mobile. The first is to make sure it's marked as partial, and then you need to add code to the location change method and the map change method. That should be it for playermobile. I'll try to respond more often, but I've been working OT at work so I don't always have time. This RL thing is way overrated.

yeah, tell me about it. here in michigan, getting a job in RL is harder than hell.

anyway, did the changes, I just copied and pasted from this page and still getting the same error message for playermobile. I am going to upload my file and hope you can find where I went wrong. if I get it working before you see it I will let you know.

Attachments

• PlayerMobile.cs
    135.3 KB · Views: 7
Thanks to Praxiiz I was able to get my UOLive working.

I have some maps that I edited with Centred, when I add them to the server and client, I still see the standard map. How can I change this?

This certainly changes the whole game. UO can keep on with player made expansions. Easy to install. Every shard should use it. Thanks a ton for this Praxiiz... and the Lumberjacking along with it is great. When I get bored, I go lumberjacking for no reason other than it is fun again :p

I've been improving the way UltimaLive interacts with the client. I've been trying to make it fail more gracefully when it isn't compatible with a client. I've also tried to improve the way it communicates this to you.

UltimaLive now searches for all addresses and functions before altering the client. If an address or function cannot be found, UltimaLive aborts and runs the regular client.

Expect these improvements in the next release.

Here is a preview of the new debug window format for those interested:

ai22.photobucket.com_albums_b347_Praxiiz_ultimalive098.png

If you modify the files and copy/replace them to the files in the ServUO folder, then restart shard and when you log in again you should see it loading the map file again

yes, if you modify them outside of the shard. or if you don't have streaming turned on.

i could be wrong, but I believe that's how it works.

I was running around today in my shard, testing out ULive Map, I teleported across a "server line" those white lines on the maps in UOAM, and my map display got all funny. I included a picture for you to see. I would like to know is this going to be a problem for my players when ever I go live?

I have a tile on my map in which I, do not know how it happened, has been raised. Every time I go to lower it, gets it down to a certain spot and then starts to raise again.

What is the best to fix this?

** EDIT **
And Umbra is white, not black and dark looking.

** EDIT **
I fixed the tiles, but umbra is white stone color, and not dark, black, and gloomy looking.

** EDIT **
I checked the files, looks like everything is right, but umbra is still not looking dark and gloomy.

Last edited:
I loaded Ultima Live Map Streamer to my shard, had help editing the files to make it work, and Umbra is not dark and gloomy like it is supposed to be. I looked at the files again and they seem to be in order. Any ideas?

I believe I have the coding set right on TileList, TileMatrix for ULive Map Streamer, but Umbra lost its hue effects and now it doesn't look all dark and gloomy. Talked to Praxxis and he says for some reason its not picking up my hue effects.

I am stumped. Any help?

I am uploading the files, if there is a scripter out there who has a minute, maybe they can see where, or if, I messed up.

Or if anyone has any ideas on how to fix this.

Attachments

• TileList.cs
    1.8 KB · Views: 1
  • TileMatrix.cs
    16.6 KB · Views: 0
i have one problem, when i login i just see the screen i started, and all out of my screen i see in black, and if i walk i cant go out. :S

Another doubts, the folder UltimaLive, its just for server pc, or for clients users also?, and where i need to put the MapAndStatcsVerifier folder? its only for pc server or for clients users too?

i have one problem, when i login i just see the screen i started, and all out of my screen i see in black, and if i walk i cant go out. :S
You need to change your igrping.dll file. Rename it to igrping_.dll.

Another doubts, the folder UltimaLive, its just for server pc, or for clients users also?, and where i need to put the MapAndStatcsVerifier folder? its only for pc server or for clients users too?
Find a file called igrping_0_97.dll, rename it igrping.dll and copy that into your uo client folder.

It should fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back