Do you have a copy of that system? i could try converting it to servuo, PM me that if you can, so we do not go super far off topic here.. lol

I'm trying to learn and could possibly assist with it, I'd like to implement land ownership/claiming. Allow players to fence in property, plant gardens, crops, etc.

best way i found for that is to use townhouses and then if they want the area cleared a gm can do it with [delstatic

but can also setup spots around clear them and have them as donator places as well if u wanted hehehehe

would be best option atm cause the other way will allow players to clear cut and then over time may end up not having tree's left and that would be a bad thing
i know can probably code it in so that the command can only be used in places that they own but i am lazy and didnt want to code that so come up with this option hehehe

Well Really not lazy just to busy with other things

I was actually hoping to implement a system where trees are re-plantable and grow, I've seen a few systems that allow trees to be cut down in sections. Adding and item like "seeds" for various plants/trees and allowing players to plant them would take care of that issue.

**edit** well if players care about the ecosystem ;)

also I plan on having certain areas not claimable, where hunting will mostly be done

ya i have a type of system like that in place but trees are full grown, it's part of my farming/ranching/cooking system but i am still working on it going to be doing more to it may even make it where tree's do grow an 1/4 the normal rate of anything else just not sure bout it but for the live system you will want to be carefull specially using the live lumber as it is a little buggy, and if a player does not have the dll's they will not be able to harvest lumber at all, just a heads up for ya on that... also there is a nasty bug in the Live Mining system that if anyone uses any type of hiding while in the mines if will crash the server, i have not fixed it yet as i am not implimenting that for a while, want to work on other more important things before i do that, planned on doing something like that as an update for players after i go live, something new for them over time

ya i have a type of system like that in place but trees are full grown, it's part of my farming/ranching/cooking system but i am still working on it going to be doing more to it may even make it where tree's do grow an 1/4 the normal rate of anything else just not sure bout it but for the live system you will want to be carefull specially using the live lumber as it is a little buggy, and if a player does not have the dll's they will not be able to harvest lumber at all, just a heads up for ya on that... also there is a nasty bug in the Live Mining system that if anyone uses any type of hiding while in the mines if will crash the server, i have not fixed it yet as i am not implimenting that for a while, want to work on other more important things before i do that, planned on doing something like that as an update for players after i go live, something new for them over time

ah ok gotcha, seem to be working on something similar to meyou based upon the systems you are implementing, ah gotcha... maybe UltimaLive is not the best option. I know I'd like harvestable plants/crops/trees. Mining is fine as is.

with TownHouses do you have to predefine areas the players can rent/buy?

To get around the bug for the mining system, use regions. On the custom map that is used (you will have to force yourself to locations using [go, but, if you use regionsinabox, and select the whole map and make region , then input code on the hiding cs that if in region, false and give message you cannot use this skill here. You can even prevent GMs from using hiding commands and skills.

To get around the bug for the mining system, use regions. On the custom map that is used (you will have to force yourself to locations using [go, but, if you use regionsinabox, and select the whole map and make region , then input code on the hiding cs that if in region, false and give message you cannot use this skill here. You can even prevent GMs from using hiding commands and skills.

ya i know there is anouther way around that and i will get to is, just need to add into the code itself for the mining to prevent any hiding on the set map, as well the regions would have to be like majorly massive due to the whole map itself (Map size is same as Feluccia map size) being complely minable hehehe
[doublepost=1485237984][/doublepost]
ah ok gotcha, seem to be working on something similar to meyou based upon the systems you are implementing, ah gotcha... maybe UltimaLive is not the best option. I know I'd like harvestable plants/crops/trees. Mining is fine as is.

with TownHouses do you have to predefine areas the players can rent/buy?

yes you would have to set the townhouses yourself the main reason i use the Ultima Live system at this point and time, is it allows me to do static changes in the current maps without having to patch clients, i can litterally delete a building and add a new one in while a player is standing there watching, without need of patching there map files every time you turn around cause you added this or removed that, it's litterally a live streaming system for static map changes

I used the staff rune book and premarked the corners of the map, then used that to make my gigantic regions ;) staffrunebook doesn't affect the target curser lol

I used the staff rune book and premarked the corners of the map, then used that to make my gigantic regions ;) staffrunebook doesn't affect the target curser lol

Nice and ya i knew that, i am just going to hard code it in when i got the time to this way, i know its fool proof hehehe

but in all honesty once i do get time and do code it in and test to make sure it is working as intended then can release it so that this way everyone can benifit from it and not have the same issues as current right now with the live mining maps

;)

Can this be set to use a "premade" map? I have a lot of maps that work,but have to use in place of the osi maps. Most have the felucca size.

for basic access to an extra map all you have to do is add it to
Scripts\Misc\MapDefinitions.cs

Code:
RegisterMap(34, 34, 34, 7168, 4096, 1, "MapNoire", MapRules.TrammelRules); //DeepMining
            RegisterMap(35, 35, 35, 7168, 4096, 3, "NewMapName", MapRules.TrammelRules);
            RegisterMap(36, 36, 36, 7168, 4096, 3, "NewMapName2", MapRules.TrammelRules);

and in UltimaLive\ServerSideScripts\Core\MapRegistry.cs
Code:
AddMapDefinition(34, 34, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //DeepMining
      AddMapDefinition(35, 35, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //NewMapName
      AddMapDefinition(36, 36, new Point2D(7168, 4096), new Point2D(5120, 4096)); //NewMapName2

And have the maps in your muls folder. for the above example my new maps would be named
map34.mul
map35.mul
map36.mul

To be fully integrated it will need added to MANY other places (anywhere that mentions all of the other maps), but it works fairly well without it for most things.

tried but it still loads the original Fel maps to run live UO. Here is my map defs.
And this is missing in the servuo repack 1.1.. and in UltimaLive\ServerSideScripts\Core\MapRegistry.cs
no ServerSideScripts or Core or MapRegistry.cs.

ok found in my customs folder "UltimaLive_0_97\ServerSideScripts\core\MapRegistry.cs..
both show the new maps..

Attachments

• MapDefinitions.cs
    2.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
the MapDefinitions.cs you posted looks fine.
The old maps and the new ones should be there, unless something else is wrong.
try:
[go Gore
should take you to the map you named Gore ect...

instead of doing [go core you should go to fel say WBB and type in [set map # 0 and 1 are Fel and tram so if the new map u put it is number 10 type [set map 10

Did you replace the Igrping.dll in the client files your using?

also, try using [props on your character and see if the new maps show up in Map, and if so switch to one of them.

i don't have any custom maps or i would test it and find out whats going on sorry can't help much more without being able to test it and see whats happening or what is not actually working

ok, And I'm using ServUO 1.1
okay should not matter to much i have the lastest repo updates on mine as well as my test server so should not be to hard to get things worked out and be able to tell ya as soon as i can,

Sorry just been really busy tonight with other work i have had on my plate since last week and never got to it LOL, But eathier tonight or tomorrow i should know whats going on and how to fix it for you

So this might help, you MAY need to go to your core files into the map.cs, and add an entry for your custom map. I had to do that on mine to get it working, i did that anyways because i have a few systems that needs that defined.

Code:
        private static readonly Map[] m_Maps = new Map[0x100];

public static Map[] Maps { get { return m_Maps; } }

public static Map Felucca { get { return m_Maps[0]; } }
        public static Map Trammel { get { return m_Maps[1]; } }
        public static Map Ilshenar { get { return m_Maps[2]; } }
        public static Map Malas { get { return m_Maps[3]; } }
        public static Map Tokuno { get { return m_Maps[4]; } }
        public static Map TerMur { get { return m_Maps[5]; } }
        public static Map Internal { get { return m_Maps[0x7F]; } }

#region Custom Maps
        public static Map World1 { get { return m_Maps[6]; } }
        public static Map World2 { get { return m_Maps[7]; } }
        #endregion

This would assist with that if as part of the claims they were able to terraform. If you want just the ability to claim land areas and build on them, there are a few player government type systems that allow that sort of thing.

I've tried searching and finding these player government type systems and cannot seem to find any. Mind pointing me in the right direction?

I'm assuming everyone is trying to add a map using this system, so I will share how I do it. Below are a series of images taken from the files that are required for you to edit; what I've done here does not take into account any mistakes made by having to edit your server core to install the Ultima Live system. Also keep in mind that I am using .097 of the Ultima Live system. This process works for me; maybe it will for you as well. When you are in game you can test this by typing: [go <custom facet name>

Anything highlighted red is where you have to edit, all other areas are optional or shouldn't be touched.

m# = refers to map number, map index, and file index
Custom = refers to your custom map name
Map.cs
I edited this file because it hard codes your map into your server console so that it is able to be recognized as an official map by the server. This should get rid of the unknown facet error and allow a seamless integration of your map onto your server.

awww.dropbox.com_s_rf65enoj1bmshk2_Map_cs.png_2af1cc59daae422c9ef0784d873e62a6.png

MapDefinitions.cs
I edited this file because it allows your server to recognize your new map defined in the Map.cs as a separate entity all unto itself; if you don't edit the Map.cs then all you can do is duplicate maps that are already on your server as the server wont recognize additional maps.

awww.dropbox.com_s_x6g1ye9ovaecgvh_MapDefinitions_cs.png_2af1cc59daae422c9ef0784d873e62a6.png

MapRegistry.cs (Ultima Live)
I edited this file because it is necessary to allow Ultima Live to recognize your new facet and override the games need to have only 6 facets; the actual overriding takes place within the new igrping.dll, however editing this file will allow your game to read your new world.

awww.dropbox.com_s_7e61mbe912jdv3t_MapRegistry_cs.png_2af1cc59daae422c9ef0784d873e62a6.png

DeepMineMapRegistry.cs (Ultima Live: Deep Mining)
For this next edit we need an entire facet filled with nodraw tiles from top to bottom. This map can be the same size as any map you'd normally create but it needs to be its own separate facet; different from the world you added above, but will need to follow the same process as above and add this new world in all three of those files as well.

awww.dropbox.com_s_fhu4xia7gjizyay_DeepMineMapRegistry_cs.png_2af1cc59daae422c9ef0784d873e62a6.png

Also please keep in mind that despite what the comments say at the top of the MapDefinitions.cs file, you can use Map6.mul, Map7.mul, Map8.mul etc... The first 32 maps are only reserved to give room for future Broadsword facet expansions; adding maps in these slots will conflict with their expansions. Only do it this way if you don't plan on using their expansions.

Last edited:
I have followed this thread and have done everything suggested, but when I try to navigate to my custom map, my client crashes. This only happens when I try to change to map #32. If I make my custom map #0, everything works amazingly.

Any ideas?

[EDIT]

I finally got this working. I had to make the following change in MapDefinitions.cs to get it working.

from this:
Code:
RegisterMap(32, 32, 32, 7168, 4096, 4, "CustomMapName", MapRules.FeluccaRules);

to this:
Code:
RegisterMap(32, 0, 0, 7168, 4096, 4, "CustomMapName", MapRules.FeluccaRules);

Last edited:
Anyone have the .98 dll that they'd be willing to post or privately send? Would be greatly appreciated.

Nevermind, finally found the 0.98 here on the forums, just didn't look hard enough.

Links to download the Debug and Release version of 0.98 have now been posted under the FAQ. They are also available on the Github project under igrping/Release and igrping/Debug.

The link that I posted is code documentation only; It doesn't show how to use the system at all. I will try to add some better instructions for using the system on the main page.

If you're looking for the actual program, the release is here:
https://github.com/praxiiz/UltimaLive/blob/master/igrping/Release/Igrping.dll?raw=true

and the debug version is here:
https://github.com/praxiiz/UltimaLive/blob/master/igrping/Debug/Igrping.dll?raw=true
https://github.com/praxiiz/UltimaLive/blob/master/igrping/Debug/Igrping.dll?raw=true
and the server side scripts are here:
https://github.com/praxiiz/UltimaLive/tree/master/ServerSideScripts

Hello
I installed this on my Runuo server and all look like its working but the trees not working at all can anyone help me out?
When I add a custom tree or a tree that is there befor it don't do nothing then I freeze it and still nothing it will not use the axe too on it

ty

Runuo 2.3 cleant 7.0.23.1

so weird error . I'm still looking into it but if anyone has any suggestions..
I downloaded the current repo for servuo, and followed the setup instructions. I used already modded world files which maybe the issue? here is the error

Code:
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...
Loading Ultima Live map changes
Error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at UltimaLive.CRC.OnLoad()
  at Server.WorldLoadEventHandler.Invoke()
  at Server.EventSink.InvokeWorldLoad() in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server 2\Server\EventSink.cs:line 1621
  at Server.World.Load() in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server 2\Server\World.cs:line 858
  at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server 2\Server\Main.cs:line 554
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
[doublepost=1504332038][/doublepost]So to make things more confusing, that error is thrown due to the CRC calculation doesn't like my custom maps. I have two custom maps that load, when defined in the Ultima LIve Core, I get that error, if i comment out the entries for them its fine. In my older distro these maps are accepted with no issue, i wonder what the difference is..

Back