I tried that and it did create the export files, I moved them over and tried them and got the same error.

Have you removed the .live files?
Can you past the complete error log and eventually any modifications made (after removing The .live files)?

All the .live files were removed.

There is no crash log or additional errors, just the information posted in the console. After removal of the live files there were no changes.
Code:
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...
Loading Ultima Live map changes
Error:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at UltimaLive.CRC.OnLoad()
   at Server.WorldLoadEventHandler.Invoke()
   at Server.EventSink.InvokeWorldLoad() in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server2\Server\EventSink.cs:line 1621
   at Server.World.Load() in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server2\Server\World.cs:line 858
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in k:\AlfheimRebornServer\Ultima Server2\Server\Main.cs:line 554
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
[doublepost=1504399337][/doublepost]re posting this issue on the main script support forum. Thanks for the suggestions. :)
[doublepost=1504401481][/doublepost]Nevermind, as i started to explain the issue again i realized my error... forgot to update MapDefinitions.cs
noob moment, sry,

Hey,
Not REALLY a discussion point. Although, it might be nice if he explained in more detail what the commands did. (oh well)

On my shard I have seasons. Winter is an ugly season though...as the land conversion was half done. So I moved my snow tiles to another place and replaced them with forest tiles. Thus winter rolls around and the trees are naked but everything doesn't look stupid. This presented another problem. Remaking the maps with the new Snow ID's. UltimaLive presented me with an opportunity that mapping programs didn't. The ability to replace the tiles. I have a little script which changes these for me. It's made to do what I need it to do. But I thought what I did could be helpful to the whole community...and it's really quite nice.

Again. Don't use this on your shard without modifying it first.

It works with two nested For loops which go through the land tiles in an x y region on the trammel map (map 1)

Attachments

• ForestWinterStone.cs
    1.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
In the overview section we can read
[article]You may need to run Ultima Live with administrative privileges when it creates blank maps in the app folder[/article]

How i can run it with admin priveges?

There no .exe file in UltimaLive directory. I tryed to build it with visualstudio 2015 but seem no .exe file too after compiling.

Thx for reply

Does anyone have this running with ServUO and the latest client (7.0.63.2)? I used UltimaLive several years ago with JustUO but for the life of me I can't get it to work now with ServUO. It recognizes my added maps (#32-35) but apparently cannot match up the statics; on Felucca or Trammel for example, it deletes all statics as I move. I have tried both 0.98 and 0.97 versions of UltimaLive but without success.

I have the same problem, i stopped using it because of that. At some point something changed. Now all the cities and main lands are under water and none of the statics match.

I know for a fact it works with older versions of the client, but there are changes that I like with the newer client as well as using it for other servers so I'm at a loss until this gets updated. @Praxiiz

At the very least, I know that it was still working with client: 7.0.55.4 I tried using that client version with data files from a much more recent one and that failed though

Guys far be it for me to chime in, but the last version of the client I know this worked on was 7.0.50.0... all subsequent versions broke UL after client 7.0.10.0. The client versions in between the two bugged up UL by rendering some of its functions obsolete; commands failed to work.

I would love be to help but I am only able to use my phone at the moment as my computer fell victim to a change in lifestyle which no longer includes my spending 10-15 hours a day on a keyboard. Lol... well that is all ;)

Does anyone know if source code for Igrping.dll is available anywhere? Perhaps some troubleshooting could be done if so.

A note to others and to myself. The newest client, has changes to the TileData, the Irping file may cause problems and skew tiles in the newest client. So far i can tell, the only way to fix it is to copy and replace tileart.uop and tiledata.mul from an older client it did work on into the newer client. Obviously some newer tile content may not be available *not sure which tiles* however this will allow the other newer content with the updates to be used. This is more of a work around then a fix. I assume you PROBABLY could use fiddler to migrate the data to the older tile files. I may look into that moving forward.

If you use an old client and do not patch up then you should be fine.

You guys are making me want to get back into this hobby lol - there is a way to do it but it needs to be coded into Map.cs and BaseBoat.cs; no I don’t know the code but it follows this basic path which is easier than it will look to a novice coder.

Look at the teleporter script. Inside you will find coordinates and something like Map.Trammel in the code. That same principle can be used here if someone knows how that coordinate/ facet teleportation system is coded. It shouldn’t take more than an hour for an experienced UO dev to come up with a workaround solution.

My advice is as Voxpire. He has helped me on many of my projects and I trust his coding without question. He is very keen when it comes to finding what to code in scripts that seem impossible.

Would be sweet if someone with more skill than I made an update for this.

Sure it might be nice but it won’t happen. This game could be entirely rewritten in 6-10 months with a dedicated team of senior level devs. It took me a long time to realize that.

This system was written by a senior level developer. It was a pet project of his, until real life got in the way. There are very few people in this community that can dance around C++

Seeing as how this community has much more of a pay to play mentality now than it did while I was an active member, I imagine someone with the skill level it would take to update this system would charge quite a bit to do so.

The problem isn’t that you are just tweaking code as most of you do on here. The issue is much more complex because you also have to understand how to write code and have it interact with the client directly.

Well that's awfully pesimistic... I mean you're not wrong about some of your points, but there's definitely been a bit of a resurgence in free code/ shard development over the past few years. There was a lot of stagnation towards the end of RunUO. RunUO had about zero post stygian abyss content, and what it did have was completely broken. Even a lot of it's pre-stygian abyss stuff was broken/inaccurate. We don't have a huge surge of third party content being made like we did in the runuo glory days, but there's certainly been a resurgence of free shard development.

I am typing from a phone so my replies might look wonky... Anyway here it is:

Agreeably I am very pessimistic about the path the community took. There were only a handful of successful Server Owners and nearly ALL of them withholding content that could have greatly benefitted this community; all the while earning real cash off the backs of the many who coded the RunUO server emulator to begin with.

Meaning nearly half, if not more of their projects, were coded by others and given to them freely. Yet very few of these self-proclaimed legends in the community ever gave back anything other than a headache and half-arsed script snippets with zero explanation on how to use them.

Well that's awfully pesimistic... I mean you're not wrong about some of your points, but there's definitely been a bit of a resurgence in free code/ shard development over the past few years. There was a lot of stagnation towards the end of RunUO. RunUO had about zero post stygian abyss content, and what it did have was completely broken. Even a lot of it's pre-stygian abyss stuff was broken/inaccurate. We don't have a huge surge of third party content being made like we did in the runuo glory days, but there's certainly been a resurgence of free shard development.
[doublepost=1551079808][/doublepost]Now the issue here is that when approaching these guys for any help, many were met with the pay to play mentality or a holier than thou attitude with the underlying message being that the little guys in the community shouldn’t be running shards if they couldn’t code them.
[doublepost=1551079947][/doublepost]None of them gave credit where it was due and in fact took credit that wasn’t theirs to take.
[doublepost=1551080048][/doublepost]My final stand on this matter, I quietly left the community because there was no point in having a server if people aren’t consistently releasing content. However I have an answer for this too.
[doublepost=1551080262][/doublepost]I am retired, have been for over 20 years. I have lots and lots of money. With that money I am going to fund a different “game” using Ultima Online as my game model.

This means that the graphics will be similar; more like a cross between UO and Diablo III.
[doublepost=1551080443][/doublepost]Like Bethesda I will have editing tools created and they will be freely accessible. However you will only get a blank game environment on download.

In order to add content: worlds, objects, NPC, Creatures, Monsters etc... you will need to purchase a development subscription which will entitle you to game pack themes which you can tweak to make your game as original as you want.

I will agree with you that if all of the custom content is being hoarded by people looking to make a profit, that that is quite grim for the community at large; however I can't say that I particularly blame anyone for doing that either. People have Bill's to pay. I personally am just grateful that this community exists as it does and that people like tasanar and dexter contribute as much as they do for independent server owners like me.

But to your point, I would hope that anyone who takes free ware and updates it would pursue the spirit that caused that original developer to create it and post it for free in the first place.

It’s a unity type system that will be cross platform for both PC, Console, iOS, and Android
[doublepost=1551080924][/doublepost]Agree to disagree when I say that using the UO game files and their associated official or custom clients is a direct violation of international copyright laws when you pass the game off as your own work. The only way you will get away with that as it is now is to change the file extensions of all associated files that work with the UO client, use a custom client like Orion, and then have a graphic artist convert all the graphics to custom counterparts.
[doublepost=1551080971][/doublepost]It’s easier to make a new game

I for one am very interested in this, gametec, and would gladly pay a reasonable amount to participate. I'm only a dabbler so far, completely self taught in C#, and really the programming itself is my hobby instead of running a shard. My friends pester me frequently about when will I have a shard ready to play but so far the development is slow due to limited time though I have never lost interest. Client side limitations have frustrated some of my ideas also.

UltimaLive has been implemented, functionally by me, inside classicuo client, developed and maintained mainly by Andrea Angelini, and by many other people around the world, it is currently in a playable state, you can see more about the project in here: https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO

Please, remember that the currently most updated branch is the DEV one, so, for eventual submission, always submit them there.

you can see the developed ultimalive in CUO here: https://github.com/andreakarasho/ClassicUO/blob/master/src/IO/UltimaLive.cs

use a custom client like Orion
Hello Sir. Would you happen to know a secure site where I could find the Orion Client?
[doublepost=1551635717][/doublepost]
I am retired, have been for over 20 years. I have lots and lots of money. With that money I am going to fund a different “game” using Ultima Online as my game model.

This means that the graphics will be similar; more like a cross between UO and Diablo III.
Also, if you'd like some assistance on making your new game more similar to UO in game mechanics, let me know and maybe I can help. I'm sure you know the game very well yourself, but the game does have MANY subtleties.

Awesome client. Works nice and fast on my future shard. Amazing :D Love the smooth video.

Attachments

• doc.png
    doc.png
    984.4 KB · Views: 143
Is there a way to make this work old game client that works with a uo client from 5.0.1.....how to make the new files show up with my old game client without change mass code in the engine to read from newly update files ? Me and friends are trying to get this working on a family member of mines server ...we connect pull in his custom towns and dont get kicked but the chars....are balled etc..no clothes

actually you'll have to copy the igrping as per instruction, there is no reason for it to not work on your side, since it can handle also older files (I had old, small sized maps many years ago on my shard, and we updated maps only recently), actually it should handle everything without any problem.

actually you'll have to copy the igrping as per instruction, there is no reason for it to not work on your side, since it can handle also older files (I had old, small sized maps many years ago on my shard, and we updated maps only recently), actually it should handle everything without any problem.

Looked at the Git-Hub page and see a lot of files, but not sure what to do with them. What do I need to make this work for me.

guys i want fully disable streaming on ultimalive,

just want use more maps then 5 original maps...

how i disable streaming without uinstall ultima live ?

errors on MONO with servuo_pub57 after making required changes and placing files i get the following error:
C#:
Error:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'VitaNex.Text.UOFont' threw an exception. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Attempted to FindDataFile before DataDirectories list has been filled.
  at Server.Core.FindDataFile (System.String path) [0x0000f] in <236550b6c6c647d79e459b499a6dee18>:0
  at Server.Core.FindDataFile (System.String format, System.Object[] args) [0x00007] in <236550b6c6c647d79e459b499a6dee18>:0
  at VitaNex.Text.UOFonts.LoadUnicode (System.Byte id) [0x00093] in <96d90253f9d945d2b2bd9bd0742f56cf>:0
  at VitaNex.Text.UOFonts.GetFont (VitaNex.Text.UOEncoding enc, System.Byte id) [0x00019] in <96d90253f9d945d2b2bd9bd0742f56cf>:0
  at VitaNex.Text.UOFonts.get_Item (System.Int32 id) [0x00006] in <96d90253f9d945d2b2bd9bd0742f56cf>:0
  at VitaNex.Text.UOFont..cctor () [0x0003c] in <96d90253f9d945d2b2bd9bd0742f56cf>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo,object,object[],System.Exception&)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0007c] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x0009a] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
  at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <12b418a7818c4ca0893feeaaf67f1e7f>:0
  at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke (System.String method) [0x00092] in <236550b6c6c647d79e459b499a6dee18>:0
  at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00633] in <236550b6c6c647d79e459b499a6dee18>:0
This exception is fatal, press return to exit
exception inside UnhandledException handler: (null) assembly:/usr/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll type:IOException member:(null)

vnc works without any issues before installing UL, current pixel format is set to Format32bppPArgb.. any help is much appreciated!

required changes to Tilelist.cs/Tilematrix.cs were also made, am I missing something in my UOFont.cs?

Last edited:
1598082037591.png

Upon completeting the instructions and attempting to compile the server code I get this error. I tried to add ", (short)m_hue;" but it doesn't exist in the current context and there is no way I will figure out how to get it into context.

Why even bother with this? CUO (ClassicUO) can be adapted to allow more than the 6 standard maps and then some; eventually that adaptation will become part of CUO; meaning someone will have successfully done it and the source will inevitably be leaked or shared.

Yes you can use Ultima Live with any client up to 7.0.50.10... I have tested this myself. Later clients will give you errors because Ultima Live wasn't updated to work with clients above 7.0.23.1... it is just luck that it works with clients beyond that - up to 7.0.50.10.

I have had long discussions with Praxiiz over this matter and he told me that it probably wasn't worth updating at the time of our discussions. I agreed with him because the client was going through some changes like every week it seemed at the time.

The errors you are receiving are command errors from Ultima Live. You can either code the commands to work with the latest client and ServUO (which I don't believe was ever truly compatible with Ultima Live as Ultima Live was made for RunUO 2.x), or you could try to delete the commands or comment them out from the code and see if the compile works. Ultima Live does not need command input to add worlds to the server. It only needs command input to edit those worlds from in-game real-time. I hope this sheds some light on the server not compiling.

You can however use CentrED to edit the worlds as needed. This program really makes the commands in Ultima Live nonsensical.

The errors you are receiving are command errors from Ultima Live. You can either code the commands to work with the latest client and ServUO (which I don't believe was ever truly compatible with Ultima Live as Ultima Live was made for RunUO 2.x), or you could try to delete the commands or comment them out from the code and see if the compile works. Ultima Live does not need command input to add worlds to the server. It only needs command input to edit those worlds from in-game real-time. I hope this sheds some light on the server not compiling.

I didn't think to comment out lines of server code haha. I'll give it a go.

As for the reason why I want it... Essentially it will make in-game world editing easier. I prefer in-game world building over centered as you can walk around and experience it as you go (with anyone looking at it auto updating their client) while with centered you are not able to walk around and experience it until after you save and upload maps to server and clients.

I technically just want it to be able to stream my edit to players and be able to use an in-game command to tweak the smoothness of the ground in some places so its not so flat... that's it. Not really to worried about more than 6 maps atm. Also I just found OrionUO and find that client superior to ClassicUO atm due to the fact that ClassicUO routinely crashes to invisible stuff on my server while OrionUO does not.

If you aren't C++ savvy then I would suggest you stick to ClassicUO as OrionUO is not being updated, as far as I know this is indefinite. ClassicUO is more updated than OrionUO was, in my opinion, and its completely open-source whereas OrionUO wasn't 100% open source; the client was, but the .dll wasn't. My only preference to ClassicUO is that I have been putting money toward it and also it is C# so if I want to edit it, I know that I can with little uncertainty.

HELLO I AM HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE MAP STREAMING TO SHOW THE FOG OF WAR ASPECT. sorry i just realized capslock.. dammit.. forgive me please.. i have been fiddling with this for days. most of it works great! just need a little guidance on the map streaming fog of war, i wonder we have a world map in the client. could that be thowing it off, i noticed i dont have the appdata file appearing eaither, i set dll to system, im gona try admin next
thank you for any help.

Back