First, Redmoon deserves most, or all, of the credit for what is in this post as I got my start from his tutorial on animation. I am putting this here for other new people who still have trouble like I did...

Just for kicks, I've been using the 5.0 client to learn map making and how to make custom mounts, things I've wanted to do for years but didn't understand how it all works. One of the hurdles I had to custom mounts and mobiles was figuring out bodyconv.def and I've seen where other new people had problems or gave up on it, so I wanted to throw this in here for someone else who is new to this and is trying to do the same things as me.

The format in the file looks something like this...

bodyconv.PNG

Code:
359    -1    -1    205    -1#    Ridable Drake

meaning....

Code:
NewBodyID anim2.mul, anim3.mul, anim4.mul, anim5.mul

The NewbodyID is the body ID you want to use. Once you have that, you are setting flags for what anim.mul slot your animation is in. In the example above, the -1 flags are stating the animation is not in anim2, anim3, or anim5. What it is showing is that the animation is in anim4.mul in SLOT 205. If we look in UOFiddler, we can easily find it by going to the animations tab, choosing "Edit Animations" from the menu, and selecting anim4.mul. If you look at the picture below, body 359 is stored in anim4.mul in slot 205...

Also, I believe the reason there are only flags for anim2, anim3, anim4, and anim5 is because if your animation is in anim.mul you set all the flags to -1.

fiddler.PNG

We could also use Mulpatcher to look at anim4.mul and locate slot 205....

mulpatcher.PNG

We also have to define our mobile in "mobtypes.txt" and if you're doing a custom mount, you need to define it as ANIMAL.

mobtypes.PNG

I hope this saves someone else a headache, lol. One last thing, if you're also new and want to create custom mounts, I believe you have to use a pretty old client. I've tried on 7.0.23.1 but I believe the process may be different. I'm not 100% on that, though. If I have any of these ideas wrong, please tell me so I can correct them, but this should point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back