I have another question. Why are you advertising something that is not ready for use? Your web space does not work, on the contrary, risky access must be allowed in order to look there. Eventually, he finds out that the domain is for sale. It sounds very strange. I don't believe it.
I haven't tried your second link to the next game updater yet. But if it is similar, I do not see a future.

They are open source projects, I wouldn't trust that link since it went bad either. (for the xml file) Never noticed.
Game launcher's are something people ask me about frequently, so I posted them as resources to examine.

If you don't feel safe looking through open source code! I agree, don't get in over your head.
Post automatically merged:

Resource updated with updates.xml example, avoid the link for it on Github, it's broke.

Last edited:
Having a bit of trouble getting some custom paths to compile. I need to change these paths so it drops the main folder of my .7z file into their c:/ that way the cuo links up with the client files.

C#:
        public static readonly string GAME_TITLE = "ClassicUO";
        public static readonly string LAUNCHER_NAME = "UOOH LAUNCHER";

/// <summary>
        /// Paths & urls
        /// </summary>
        public static readonly string DESTINATION_PATH = Path.Combine(Environment.GetFolderPath(Environment.SpecialFolder.MyDocuments), GAME_TITLE);
        public static readonly string ZIP_PATH = Path.Combine(DESTINATION_PATH, GAME_TITLE + ".zip");
        public static readonly string GAME_EXECUTABLE_PATH = Path.Combine(DESTINATION_PATH, GAME_TITLE + ".exe");

seems to work great! just need to mod those paths ;) any help would be appreciated. Seems to load based on internet speed I cant begin to complain enough about this crap lousy internet that I'm on takes about 30 seconds to load because im pretty sure its downloading the images from my web server.

Downloads the game files and stuff too.

or maybe there is a way to just change the dir to the uo files in cuo that will work with the dirs in this file...

Attachments

• 1624514239116.png
    1624514239116.png
    278.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 1624514956757.png
    1624514956757.png
    728.5 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Thank you for the information, Fraz. I welcome github. It is not a problem. But as you write, the external link to the site is bad. It's risky there. I'm happy for the explanation, thank you.

Back