So I didn't seem to have any problems installing it on my laptop, but I just recently purchased a new a pc and now realizing the instructions on their website is mediocre at best. I'm bout ready to pull out my hair and throw in the towel after 3 hours of punching this brick wall. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Attachments

• help.png
    help.png
    29.9 KB · Views: 17
So I didn't seem to have any problems installing it on my laptop, but I just recently purchased a new a pc and now realizing the instructions on their website is mediocre at best. I'm bout ready to pull out my hair and throw in the towel after 3 hours of punching this brick wall. Any help would be much appreciated :)
Did you drag the installer out of the folder it came in? ClassicUO should have everything it's need to run, you can't move the exe from the folder or the components would be missing for it to run.

Nah, I left all the files in the same folder. Dunno what the issue is. Could've swore that I had to redirect UO classic to EAgames folder, but I can't remember how I did that on my laptop

its not referring to the EAGames folder, its talking about missing Cimgui.dll your ClassicUO Folder should look like this 1617740320831.png

yea, I ran the launcher. Still keep getting that crash. Kind of funny that I can setup an entire server, but not even a simple client looool

Sure can and I already tried running as an admin, still no luck

Attachments

• crash.png
    crash.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Get rid of that installation and redownload a fresh copy of it and extract it to its own folder and then try running it as admin, perhaps they might of updated a bad copy and you just happened to download that one.

I've already tried redownloading 10 times now before you even mentioned that :confused:
alright well the last attempt i can give, is to upload the folder you are missing and see if that could do anything for you, ill keep the file up for a few just incase https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EVsrRlNvSngAnv68HoBuvEf7JOlPvduX/view?usp=sharing if all else fails, most likely you are missing a certain frame network, so i would compare what you had on your old laptop and download the software that is associated witjh it.

So I just downloaded it and got a new error. :) We're making progress!
Post automatically merged:

I've got .NET Framework 4.8. I guess it will just have to remain a mystery

Attachments

• error2.png
    error2.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 8
so now just download the client and don't change the directory it goes in let it go in the predestined folder EA chooses

Its not giving me the option to redirect to EAGames folder. I must be braindead. Is EAGames folder not my directory?

Still getting same crash and its not giving me any option. I'm throwing in the towel!

no EAGames that is in your documents is not the correct one it should be under something like this C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic

The folder you are referring to just stores your Client Options not the actual client.

no EAGames that is in your documents is not the correct one it should be under something like this C:\Games\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Classic

Last edited:
Im not understanding what you are trying to to launch. You want to run ClassicUO but are showing an EA folder. For ClassicUO all you need is the ClassicUO folder. In it are a couple dozen files and a folder or two. EA has nothing to do with it. Its really as easy as drag the ClassicUO do a drive. Open the folder, set the settings.json IP and run the launcher.

It's okay, thanks for trying

UO Classic needs to take notes from Razor on the complexity of their installation process

Last edited:
It's okay, thanks for trying

UO Classic needs to take notes from Razor on the complexity of their installation process
I honestly think you are just missing the framework that Classic UO is built on. Either that or your computer is not a x64 and is having problems due to that reason.

Check the downloaded compressed file by right-clicking it and look at the bottom it may say "Security: This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer." make sure you check the "Unblock" box. Other than that I have no idea why you are not able to launch it.

Back