Link to our shard: www.uolostlands.com.

UO:Lost Lands is a free Ultima Online shard set in The Second Age (T2A) era, that has just launched. Our development team consists of two experienced UO veterans dedicated to delivering a high quality shard. We have a strong passion for the game and feel T2A was the golden age of Ultima Online. We're working to make UO Lost Lands feel and play like an authentic T2A experience.

We are dedicated to delivering a shard which replicates the mechanical aspects of T2A, while including some of the better parts of RunUO customization. We will be including long term cosmetic rewards to work toward, through general PvE, or PvP/PvM events.

The shard will be a constant work in progress, so I want to stress that what we have now is only the beginning. We take our inspiration from the T2A era itself, as well other RunUO shards. Our goal is to create a great server, having a good playerbase will be a bonus and not the goal.

What you can expect from us:

• Accuracy to T2A. We will be constantly working toward a state where the world - skills, crafting, monsters, mechanics are all accurate to the T2A era.

• We will work toward a fun, scheduled event system, which does not dominate the way UO is played. Events will be a part of the world for people to enjoy, not the main part of the world.

• Long term reward system. As other shards have silver and platinum reward systems, we will implement a long term reward system. Coins will be gained through either PvM activities (monsters dropping a rare type of coin) or through events. These can be used to save up for long term cosmetic or rare rewards.

• Rare spawning system. We will work on a daily/weekly/monthly or longer spawning rare system. At this point we are just working on ideas for this system, the actual implementation for it is the easy part.

• Staff who care. I myself have a passion for Ultima Online, and have been a player for the last 16 years. I have experienced all aspects of Ultima Online and realise that no particular playstyle should receive favoritism through patches or staff interaction. Ultima Online is meant to be indifferent to all.
I will stress again our goal is to create a great shard, and players are a bonus. If you are willing to join us, that would be great! Join us at www.uolostlands.com today!

We have so far had 17 decently sized patches and a few automated events have been instated: Capture the Flag, Survival and Bag Ball. We have a special currency of platinum which can be obtained various ways and a unique custom vendor script to handle platinum purchases and trophy trade ins.

I will be adding Tournaments shortly. We already have the capacity to run automated tournaments and DD, however population doesn't permit tournaments greater than 1v1 or DD yet. So even though these are mostly complete, they are something on the shelf to bust out when the demand is there.

The players so far have enjoyed the holiday events run for Halloween and Christmas. For Christmas, we included a special holiday currency to collect, a spawn over the entire Britannia of cursed elves, complete with a kill leaderboard and rewards to the top ranked player. Special holiday treasure maps with entirely new Tmap locations. The main event consisted of a Grinch with some impressive special effects who was a genuine challenge for the group of players that tackled him.

Population doesn't seem easy to come by, it has admittedly been on a decline in the last month after a steady incline since launch. I'm not sure why, perhaps the looming launch of An Corp. I have some advertising planned and hope we can draw in a few more regular players. Would love for any UO or T2A enthusiasts to give us a try. Lost Lands is quickly becoming an accurate representation of T2A with the better parts of emulator customization.

Last edited:
Back