Folks,
as most of you know, our community has taken a big hit with RunUO closing down yesterday. Like the most of you, this was a pretty big shock, however unexpected it was, I think we can mostly agree that we never really thought we would see the day it would just close.

ServUO has been proving itself to be a warm and welcoming place to go for an alternative to RunUO. The server is for the most part just an extension of RunUO. The biggest difference aside from more content, is some of the file directories have been rearranged.

Now we are left with where to go, and I feel that ServUO is that place. It would be silly for anyone to start another site just to continue the RunUO software when this place has been doing just that for a good while now. But its not just that simple..

Like anything else, this site cost money to keep running. It does not take a whole lot, but it is still money that we all somewhat never really think about. Its not right that one guy should have to carry this load, so I urge all of you members and members to come to consider donating to ServUO! even just a dollar 5 dollars is wonderful. There is a donation box on the main page, and also shows current donations and goals. Please consider helping Insanity to keep the lights on!

And finally, to the point of Where to go when all else fails.. And this is only because of the status of ServUO, Insanity having a hard time getting time to complete the transfer to new host, issues with loading ServUO at times, etc.. Should all else fail, there is an alternative site for us to go to to keep in touch. That is Ryandor.com forums. I know many of you all know that name, and yes it is still alive.

Should the worst happen, and we find ourselves with no ServUO site to go to for whatever reason, I would like to offer Ryandor.com UO forums to become the emergency meeting place! This is not meant to just plug the site, but just as I said.. if we are left with nowhere else. We can assemble there, and reevaluate things or just stay in touch.

So pass the word on please, this is really the only thing I can think of to keep us together, should the worse happen. If you need registration activated, let me know here or email to [email protected]

Thanks guys, and lets help ServUO survive, and become the new home of Ultima Online Emulator software!

*Edit- 10-14-2014; The new alternative is now http://www.playuo.org a new RunUO / Ryandor hybrid site :)

-Dian

Last edited:
Just to make sure its clear.. again, this is not just some shameful plug for Ryandor.com, but rather my idea for an emergency meeting place. A lot of you out there are already members as it is, I still hold Administration rights as well, so I can manage any registration issues, forums to add or change or otherwise. The place has been around as long as RunUO has, for that matter, and is WELL known.

So please do not misunderstand me. My main objective like many others now, is to help keep ServUO going strong! There will be some growing pains along the way, but in the end it is the community that makes the difference! So if you want to give ServUO the best chance at survival, please donate a few bucks! Right now it is needed more than ever!

Read my mind Dian and thank you for offering Ryandor.

I'm not saying there's a better option, but how stable is Ryandor? Considering the front page of Ryandor says
Ultima Online mapping
I am no longer actively invovled, however I still
maintain a Forum and File Archive.

Well, its been running stable since before RunUO, if I remember right. Like it says in that quote, Ryandor himself is not active with Ultima stuff, but the forum and the files within it will always be there. So its not going anywhere, and I am still around to do any forum work if needed.

Back