I think i need some help deciding which is the perferct client version for my server. Maybe some of you can help me.

Which client version would you prefer (and why) if you would start a new homeshard with custom map.

I would have said, the newest version, but with uop format it's not that easy to decide. Using the newest Version would mean i had to convert the map to mule to make the most of the editing and then convert back. UltimaLive and UOArchitect seem to run with the newest client. Centred+ i think isn't running with it. Never tried to convert mul into uop and uop into mul. Maybe things get lost in the process.

Am i missing something?

What do you think?

I never run anything over 6.0.1.10, out of personal taste. What is important is not so much the client, but rather that everyone is using the same one so that when they encounter certain art they don't crash.

anything 7.0.18.0 to 7.0.23.1 Is what i recommend through and through.

But i believe I recall hearing a reason to stay below a certain 7.0 patch. something like 7.0.3 or something like that. The reason has something to do with changes to the textures or how the client handles the terrain. I forget. Maybe it was for support of some old custom art. idk.

Ok, thank you for your help Enroq and Hank. I think you are right, better use an older client without uop. And after further searching and reading I think I do it like Hank suggested and use 7.0.23.1 (the last with mul) - ok it's somewhat snow-covered but i want to change the map anyway. Or maybe i choose 7.0.21.1, seems to be the last before the winter came.

Just change the Weather settings in the MapDefinitions.cs , I even set mine to Tramel rules in Fell, Just befor the red "Name" is Season of the map. 0 = Spring, 1 = Summer, 2 = Fall, 3 = Winter, 4 = Desolation. This also is where you set custom maps, But I'm still having trouble with the Decore in my custom as its still decorating it like it was fell. Also you have to make shure the map is the right size for the one your replacing.

If you are somewhat just diving into he whole custom map process, I would also strongly recommend using a client in the 7.0.20 range, lower than the 7.0.24. Get yourself familiar with the in's and out's of everything relating to basic map building and client file patching for your shard, and in the future you can always take the step further to converting to UOP file's and use the newer clients. With any luck, there will be better support and/or tools to work with the UOP files.... At the moment though, you will have more than enough learning to do, trust me :)

Best to keep it as simple as possible at first.

Back