Hammerhand submitted a new resource:

Wooden Practice Weapons - practice weapons

Introducing... Wooden Practice Swords for training purposes.. or for fun beating on your friends without causing major damage. Could be used for training sword or fencing skills between 2 players, or 1 could use a practice sword & the other use a shield to train swords & parry. They do 1 - 2 damage & only have 30 - 75 durability. Craftable by Carpenters, but only with the assistance of an Alchemist. The Alchemist makes the Resin used to harden the wooden shafts needed to make the swords. Since...

Read more about this resource...

Nice you did get these all worked out, plus they will be great for most server's- or like you stated, for player's to just beat each other :D

I'd been waiting for an answer to this. Thank you so very much for sharing it! I like the creative way you handled the recipe for them.

Thank you for this! Craftability is awesome. :D I plan on changing the hues anyways, but just wondering.. are they supposed to be that infamous wacky multicolored black rainbow hue? Just wondering if my hues are jacked up, I'm still using default atm, haven't modded yet. Peace man thanks again! :)

The hue is/was a semi darkish tan hue to resemble treated wood. I think later clients (I used 7.0.21.1) added new hues so its possible it shows wrong on yours.

The hue is/was a semi darkish tan hue to resemble treated wood. I think later clients (I used 7.0.21.1) added new hues so its possible it shows wrong on yours.

I was using default hues.mul on 7.0.15.1 install and they showed up all rainbowy (you know what I mean, the classic UO static rainbow). Idk.. why, haven't peeked at the code yet. I'll def change the defaults though and thank you for these weapons!!

I gotta ask.. why just the fencing/swords skill weaps and not all of the different melee skills and/or archery? I am not downplaying these AT ALL! I fully appreciate it man and I have been following your stuff for quite some time, just curious and I'm obsessed with small details! :)

I will probably add all the different combat skills and then provide on an infinite stack @ a training area or something. Perfect.

Well... wooden practice bow or wooden practice arrows sounded kind of pointless since thats what they're made of anyway & wooden fighting gloves sounds like a handfull of splinters. And for bows, I'd have to create a different "level" of resin so that the bows were flexible & not hard & rigid like the swords. Guess you could say I'm lazy. lol The hue I used is 1074 & honestly, I would never intentionally use the "rainbow" hues. Personally, I think those are hideous & should only be viewed with the monitor off. :D

Well... wooden practice bow or wooden practice arrows sounded kind of pointless since thats what they're made of anyway & wooden fighting gloves sounds like a handfull of splinters. And for bows, I'd have to create a different "level" of resin so that the bows were flexible & not hard & rigid like the swords. Guess you could say I'm lazy. lol The hue I used is 1074 & honestly, I would never intentionally use the "rainbow" hues. Personally, I think those are hideous & should only be viewed with the monitor off. :D

I see! I guess the reason I asked that was because I thought of these as more of a cool thing to have like autorefresh in a pile @ a training area for people to use to train skills, that's why I was wondering why there were so many swords and no other melee skill ones. Lmao.. Leave it to my egocentricity to just assume something and question the creator rofl. Thanks for your response dude.

Back