Okay servuo i think alreaDY DEFINES paragons.cs if not i have it i can put on repo but we are stil calling a lot of xml code to define systems LIKE paragons. I am working on redefining it so paragons is handles though paragon.cs and not in xml.

any thoughts on this

also i think a lot of xml extras should be put up for download, just my ideas.

Yeah XMLParagon is a different system to paragon.

The system in XMLSpawner allows you to create an attachment for an xmlspawner that allows you to control various paragon spawning options.

well nothing wrong with xml and all that but shouldn't we be calling the base code as well ? what I mean some people might script a custom paragon and use the paragon.cs as a base so if they did it wouldn't be called in basecreature. also we have paragons already scripted that call the paragon.cs in servuo so as of right now there not getting the basecreature methods to be called. just some small things I have noticed

If you look into the code of XmlParagon those calls are looking for XmlSpawner attachments on the mob spawner related to the paragon system. If none are found it calls the equivalent method in Paragon.cs . This allows the distro's normal paragon system to function while allowing shard owners to use XmlSpawner to make custom paragons or even override the existing Ilshenar behavior without code modification.

Good call out though! I never really understood how the paragon system worked until this caused me to do the analysis.

Back