Heyo, so I'm trying to create a new UO type experience and was wondering if it would be possible to create house deeds that include a yard and possibly patios with crafting areas? Maybe fenced in with a gate... I'd want players to be able to lock items down or place add-ons in these areas.

I plan on doing away with custom housing for various reasons so I'd plan on having numerous styles, sizes and options available if this is a possibility.

Oh also, I'd rather not have to use GMs to make this happen, just wondering if it is possible to include this space with the deed/placement.

If someone fixed the yard wand from runuo, your problems world be solved. It basically allows the player to create their own yard any way they wish... i have personally been waiting for someone to fix it for awhile..

Heyo, so I'm trying to create a new UO type experience and was wondering if it would be possible to create house deeds that include a yard and possibly patios with crafting areas? Maybe fenced in with a gate... I'd want players to be able to lock items down or place add-ons in these areas.

I plan on doing away with custom housing for various reasons so I'd plan on having numerous styles, sizes and options available if this is a possibility.

Oh also, I'd rather not have to use GMs to make this happen, just wondering if it is possible to include this space with the deed/placement.
If you use Knives Townhouses, you can build an entire "house", complete with everything you mentioned, turn the building into an addon...find a location, place the addon, turn it into a townhouse and rent away! ;)

This is a townhouse that was for rent on my shard, for example:
TownhouseIlshMountain.jpg

The rent system from Knives townhouses doesnt seems to work for me. I set it to 1000 gold daily and it doesnt take the gold from the player that rent the house, does this happens to anyone else?

The rent system from Knives townhouses doesnt seems to work for me. I set it to 1000 gold daily and it doesnt take the gold from the player that rent the house, does this happens to anyone else?
How do you have it set up to take the gold? From the player's bank? (The gold has to be in a pile in that case) or from a ledger/checkbook, or account gold?
The only issue I had with Knives was the HouseSign problem.

It takes the gold from the bank if im not wrong, i had a pile of gold yes and still didnt take it. So player can pay rent once and own the house forever.

When a player pay the first day theres no rental contract.. shouldnt be that way right?

Or rental contracts are for players to rent their houses?

When the house is set for rent, you should see a small house sign (if you look at the screenshot of the townhouses I uploaded, look just north of the fence around the yard). When you hover over that house sign, it should show you how much it costs to rent it. A player just double-clicks that, agrees to pay XX, and then "gets the keys".

Yes the sign looks like the one in your screen, it does exactly that, player agrees, the rent price gets taken from bank and player doesnt have to pay the rent ever again :confused:

Do you see this code in your TownHouseSign.cs?
Code:
protected void DeleteTest()
		{
			if ( !Owned || c_House.Deleted )
				return;

PackUpItems();
			c_House.Owner.BankBox.DropItem( new BankCheck( c_House.Price ) );
		}

If not, it goes between

PackUpHouse

and

PackUpItems

i dont have that code

Code:
protected void PackUpHouse()
        {
            if ( !Owned || c_House.Deleted )
                return;

PackUpItems();

c_House.Owner.BankBox.DropItem( new BankCheck( c_House.Price ) );

c_House.Delete();
        }

protected void PackUpItems()
        {
            if ( c_House == null )
                return;

if (c_House.Owner == null || c_House.Owner.BankBox == null)
                return;

Container bag = new Bag();
            bag.Name = "Pertenencias";

foreach( Item item in new ArrayList( c_House.LockDowns ) )
            {
                item.IsLockedDown = false;
                item.Movable = true;
                c_House.LockDowns.Remove( item );
                bag.DropItem( item );
            }

That?

i sent u the whole townhouses folder, in general.cs theres something commented out.. maybe thats the problem

Last edited:
If someone fixed the yard wand from runuo, your problems world be solved. It basically allows the player to create their own yard any way they wish... i have personally been waiting for someone to fix it for awhile..

hmm I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out how to make it work.

If you use Knives Townhouses, you can build an entire "house", complete with everything you mentioned, turn the building into an addon...find a location, place the addon, turn it into a townhouse and rent away! ;)

This is a townhouse that was for rent on my shard, for example:

I want players to be able to place their own houses/yards, I'm attempting to make a more "survival" type UO since that seems to be popular and I think UO is the perfect base for it. I do plan on using Knives Townhouses in certain cities I decide to keep on the map. Allowing players to rent the shops there. Very nice townhouse by the way!

I want players to be able to place their own houses/yards, I'm attempting to make a more "survival" type UO since that seems to be popular and I think UO is the perfect base for it. I do plan on using Knives Townhouses in certain cities I decide to keep on the map. Allowing players to rent the shops there. Very nice townhouse by the way!
Thank you :)
Well, players could place their own, you would just have to sell the "plot", and the house deeds. You could make several house plots across your shard to sell or raffle, and then if you make the houses ahead of time and make them into addons, all players need is the deed ;)

Knives is incredibly cool, but houses you create out of statics don't have a circle of transparency which can make things very awkward in dark corners ;-)

It's great for actual "town houses" though.

You could also use it just to create a yard for the player, without any structures, but a GM would have to do that for them unless some bright spark writes a deed for them where they can mark an area into a knives town house area ( marked like we do with the [area command) and then charge them x gold per tile for that area. Obviously some checks for bad areas would have to be put in but it would be neat for people to be able to lock down items in their yard.

Interesting, I'm working on a similar system.

What kind of system? :D

Knives is incredibly cool, but houses you create out of statics don't have a circle of transparency which can make things very awkward in dark corners ;-)

It's great for actual "town houses" though.

You could also use it just to create a yard for the player, without any structures, but a GM would have to do that for them unless some bright spark writes a deed for them where they can mark an area into a knives town house area ( marked like we do with the [area command) and then charge them x gold per tile for that area. Obviously some checks for bad areas would have to be put in but it would be neat for people to be able to lock down items in their yard.

I think I've just decided I'm going to create custom house deeds, have different sizes, styles, yards, crafting areas, etc. players can craft those. I'm assuming if I build a fenced in area as part of my "house" and then turn the entire thing into a placeeable house, that would make the "yard" usable, no?

Yes, it would be "part of the house". Just like building a porch on a custom house. Just make sure you include the "yard" area when you are creating the TownHouseArea.

Also, I usually freeze statics, so circle of transparency works fine ;)
Unfortunately, you are correct in that CoT doesn't "apply" to statics...only frozen items :(

Yes, it would be "part of the house". Just like building a porch on a custom house. Just make sure you include the "yard" area when you are creating the TownHouseArea.

Also, I usually freeze statics, so circle of transparency works fine ;)
Unfortunately, you are correct in that CoT doesn't "apply" to statics...only frozen items :(

I actually planned on making them deeds like old style housing, I'd assume I can include the "yard" if it is a fenced in area? The point of the shard I'm making is for it to be a "survival" experience, I don't want to have to have GMs to make a yard, a house or an anything for that matter.

I actually planned on making them deeds like old style housing, I'd assume I can include the "yard" if it is a fenced in area? The point of the shard I'm making is for it to be a "survival" experience, I don't want to have to have GMs to make a yard, a house or an anything for that matter.
If it's part of the addon, yes. Otherwise, the area(s) you designate for townhouse plots, will have to account for extra tiles for the "yard area". That would be helpful too, so that players weren't limited to the exact dimensions of the area (they could position the house itself in different ways inside the area).

I don't remember where I got it However, I definitely didn't fix it myself.

Your Welcome =)

Attachments

• Yard and Garden System.zip
    69.3 KB · Views: 70
this one works great, only drawback is it doesn't draw the gold from the bank, you need to have the gold in pack, anybody got this fixed?

Back