Rendered sprites

Art Rendered sprites 2.0

No permission to download
Version 2_0.png

I'm finally ready to release a new version of these! This time all of the sprites are rendered in the new and improved way, and I must say I really think they look better. You may recognise some of the sprites from my older uploads, and I'm sure you can tell the difference.
This first version with the new rendering style is mostly a futuristic/sci-fi/steampunk themed one, but I will continue with more medieval/RPG-style after this version.
And I want to give a huge thanks to Fink on here, who was kind enough to create a tool that I can use when I turn the rendered PNG files into BMP files for Fiddler.
The tool is located here.
Some of these sprites are rather large, and will mostly only fit places where there are no floors above them. They would probably also needed to be sliced into multi tile objects, but I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to do that yet, so for now I am just posting every sprite regardless of their size.
  • Love
Reactions: Sareus
Just a few more of the sprites I've started rendering. I noticed early on (but not before posting the previous image) that I had forgotten to change the camera mode, so the first ones had some wrong proportions. This is fixed now, and I will remember it for the next ones!
Version 2 preview.png
  • Like
Reactions: WarWeeD
I know I've been silent with this project for a very long time, and one of the reasons is that I've been trying to figure out how to change the style of the renders, as I wasn't really happy with the way most of the sprites looked. They were sort of lacking details.
The way I used to do the whole process was that I exported the scene with the object from Daz Studio to Blender as a DAE file, and then importing that into Blender. For some reason some of the texture details got lost. I have a Daz Studio to Blender export script that I never really used, and I got to think that maybe that way was better. And I must say the results were very much an improvement!
This means that I will most likely be starting the whole project over and rendering every sprite again. So I will have a lot of work ahead of me. I will keep the old sprites up, and some will stay the way they were, but I will try to re-render as many of the old ones as I can, and also adding more new ones, as I still have hundreds of objects that I haven't even started rendering.
I also hope this new way of rendering will prevent too many black pixels that I have to remove manually from each sprite. I haven't tested them yet, so I really don't know.
Just to show how the new renders looks compared to the old ones, here is a few images:
Compared .png
After a summer break, I have once again been working on this project.
Added over 380 new sprites to the archive.

New in version 1.5:
Version 1_5.png

And once again, if you use these sprites on your shard, please let me know so I can go check them out. One shard has already used a few of them, and I didn't know until I discovered them myself!
New in this version:
  • Over 200 new sprites added
  • Several partial hued sprites added - along with hued versions
  • Fixed a few of the previous sprites
  • Updated the project description
Version 1_4.png
Updated to version 1.3.
In this version there are 73 new sprites, and the previous ones that had transparent pixels has been fixed. And I know that some of these sprites are too large to be used as single items, but I haven't sliced them up yet. I will do that later on.
Rendered sprites v1.3b.png
I've updated the archive and added 34 new sprites.
Rendered sprites v1.2.png
  • Love
Reactions: Cormac